No announcement yet.

Jared Goff shits unicorns and rainbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, throwing a rookie out there with this team is a mess. Which is why Goff is probably at least a 2 year starter because they will need another year to get those More Weoponz.

Comment

• They need at least One Weaponz first. If some of these young guys pan out at receiver, at best they should be your 3rd best receiver on a good team.

Comment

• New to this thread. I assume I'm allowed to post replies, but not start a topic yet. ??

anyway- thanks for letting me join the community.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          They need at least One Weaponz first. If some of these young guys pan out at receiver, at best they should be your 3rd best receiver on a good team.
          I wish I could say TJ was a weapon, but he seems to be too easily taken out of games. I'd like to see someone break down his tape, understand if team's are just taking him away because they don't worry about the other receivers hurting them; or is he just not getting open. Or maybe he is getting open and Goff isn't finding him.

Comment

• My concern is that the Lions will extend Goff because "he has no weaponz," and we'll discover that his play actually has little to do with the weaponz he has.

Comment

• I wouldn't want to extend him, but they have 4 years on his contract so I don't think that is an issue for.the time being. They need so many players, it's overwhelming how bereft of talent they are.

As far as Hockenson, it will be nice to see the film on what is going on. It seems like they are taking him out, it's the one thing Goff has on Stafford is he delivers to the tight ends better. But there needs to be a size and speed on the outside to open things up over the middle and they don't have that. They are giving snaps to guys right now that look like slot receivers.

Hockenson's blocking has been shit, some of the red zone issues yesterday on those running plays are directly because he couldn't get the block.
              Last edited by froot loops; October 4, 2021, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• His blocking has been a huge disappointment since he came into the league. It was one of his big selling points, a lot of highlights of him owning dudes in college. Has not translated at all.

Comment

• Agreed, they don't even try to laud his blocking like they did with Pettigrew.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    My concern is that the Lions will extend Goff because "he has no weaponz," and we'll discover that his play actually has little to do with the weaponz he has.
                    This is my concern too. He just isn’t very good and he’s paid like he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      This team sucks and a green quarterback is going to look worse.
                      Or ruined like so many Lions rookie QBs.
                      WasUKBB

Comment

• Detroit Lions: Jared Goff challenges his team after falling to 0-4 with loss to Chicago Bears

The Detroit Lions and quarterback Jared Goff dropped to 0-4 on the 2021 season with Sunday’s 24-14 loss at the Chicago Bears. The Lions saw their first three drives go into the red zone and come up with zero points.
                        An 0-4 start is not easy, especially for first-year head coach Dan Campbell as well as Goff, who is in his first season with the team. Goff was asked whether the team was more angry than disappointed this time around, mainly due to all the missed opportunities and points left on the board.

“I think you just get to the point where you’re ... there’s no longer like, ‘Oh, well, we did these things good.’ You know? Like, you get to the point where it’s like, ‘Well, we still lost,’” Goff said after the game, via mLive. “And then you’re not happy about it. Yeah, maybe a pissed-off team will execute a little bit better and that’s me included. How can we be better next week? Maybe getting pissed off will be the answer.”

Goff was 24 of 38 for 299 yards and two touchdowns. The team will play its second straight road game in Week 5, when it travels to the 1-3 Minnesota Vikings.

“A lot of teams, and again, we’ll have this conversation at the end of the year, but you know, a lot of teams you’ll look back and it’ll tank early and you’ll be done,” Goff said. “I don’t believe that’s the case with our group at all. But you have to be intentional about it. You have to be intentional about not letting it go there. I know our coaching staff is, and I know Dan’s as energetic about everything than anyone I’ve ever met. We have the pieces. We have the people to keep it positive. We just have to be intentional about it and make those plays in practice translate to the game.”

The Lions turned the ball over on downs twice in the loss, with both occurrences happening inside the 10-yard line. Campbell was asked about re-evaluating his aggressiveness following the game.

“You know what’s funny about it is — it’s not funny, but you go through the — when you look at all the analytics and going for it fourth down, when you go for it, what you do, and you look at the totality and the average of it, it’s like, well, don’t forget on one end of that is well, where I came from, New Orleans, and then the other end of that is who knows what team. Well, yeah, if you’re a team who you are very good in the red zone, you’re very good on third down percentage, which means fourth down you’re pretty good.

“Well, yeah, your odds are going to be a lot better, your numbers should be better. You should be on the high side of those numbers. There again, we got to do a better job — I have to do a better job. Because if we don’t and this is what we’re, I guess, not producing, then it does, it’s got to make you think maybe well, maybe we’re being too aggressive, we need to just take field goals and punt. Play it safe.”
                        ​​​​​​
                        https://247sports.com/Article/Detroi...C4iadWoD7hfFgM
                        Last edited by edindetroit; October 5, 2021, 12:02 PM.
                        WasUKBB

Comment

• Goff's stats are actually pretty nice if one doesn't look too deeply.

1,100 yards passing, 275 per game. 7 touchdowns, 2 picks. 68% completion rate. QB rating 97.

Impressive actually considering his group of vastly unproven WRs. But of course this doesn't factor in the fumbles. Or the fact that a lot his yardage comes when the Lions are behind. The check downs. Just purely from a QB rating standpoint, he's on pace for his best season since his 2018 season, which was the best of his career. Again though the numbers are misleading. That said, all in all, he's probably actually played somewhat admirably considering the team around him. I'm not saying Goff is the QB of the future or anything, but...in his defense God himself wouldn't be able to win this roster either.
                          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• His stats might look good top line but his YPA, air yards and explosive plays are at the bottom of the league.

He looks scared to step up in the pocket, panics under pressure and actually does seem to get a lot of his yards in garbage time.

The receiving corps isn’t good but even when a guy gets separation on a deeper route, he isn’t throwing to them.

Plus that’s twice on fourth down he’s had a receiver RIGHT in front of him at the sticks and has tried to throw a difficult out route…and failed.

We’ve got to keep him for some time but I hope we are already thinking about a replacement. He’s not a franchise QB.

Comment

• The thing is, you guys are used to watching Stafford, who has a much better arm. Even with Stafford we saw some reluctance to throw down field. What we think is open from the barcalounger is not as open as you think if you cannot throw a frozen rope.

The fact that the defense is total shit is going to make the downfield passing game even more timid.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                                His stats might look good top line but his YPA, air yards and explosive plays are at the bottom of the league.

He looks scared to step up in the pocket, panics under pressure and actually does seem to get a lot of his yards in garbage time.

The receiving corps isn’t good but even when a guy gets separation on a deeper route, he isn’t throwing to them.

Plus that’s twice on fourth down he’s had a receiver RIGHT in front of him at the sticks and has tried to throw a difficult out route…and failed.

We’ve got to keep him for some time but I hope we are already thinking about a replacement. He’s not a franchise QB.
                                You sound like the He Man Stafford Haters
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X