Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Forum's Amazon Link this Holiday Season

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold.

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. Same if you buy a Prime membership for someone else as a gift! Purchasing an Audible membership will earn the forum a few bucks. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

If you have an Amazon Echo, you need a free trial of Amazon Music!! We will earn $3 and it's free to you!

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Stay safe and well and thank you for your participation in the Forum and for your support!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

Jared Goff shits unicorns and rainbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The conventional wisdom on Goff was for him to succeed, he needed to be in an offense more spread out air raid style offense he was in at Cal. McVay adapted certain aspects but not that much. The Lions offense is not like that at all and they don't have the personnel to do that anyway. As much as they wanted to be a run oriented attack, they have fell victim to every other Lion coach since Barry retired. The running backs aren't that good and the line is hurt with no depth. Right now the bottom the rushing attack is in the bottom third.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      The conventional wisdom on Goff was for him to succeed, he needed to be in an offense more spread out air raid style offense he was in at Cal. McVay adapted certain aspects but not that much. The Lions offense is not like that at all and they don't have the personnel to do that anyway. As much as they wanted to be a run oriented attack, they have fell victim to every other Lion coach since Barry retired. The running backs aren't that good and the line is hurt with no depth. Right now the bottom the rushing attack is in the bottom third.
      The conventional wisdom is this: get KhaDarel Hodgeford the damn rock. Like I'm talking 20 targets a game. And then you will see Goff excel and this offense really take off.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I do think they were planning to push the deep ball with Williams, Perriman and letting the others work underneath and running against light boxes with confidence in the line with a healthy Decker and Ragnow. I think they had confidence in Cephus downfield too. I know he ran slow in draft-prep but he got open downfield in his rookie year and did some this year. They haven't had the protection time to even try to let Hodge have a chance downfield. The injuries have exposed their lack of depth and taken away everything they are good at.

Blaming the runningbacks for their success stopping is just off-base. Losing Ragnow and facing loaded boxes with no remaining deep threats has so much more to do with it.

Comment

• They clearly thought they had the power running game and playaction with stacked boxes too. Losing Ragnow has fucked that up too. Losing an athlete on the strong side for Matt Nelson doesn't help either. Their lack of depth has screwed up their entire offensive scheme.

Comment

• Every coaching staff has had injuries to the line and by the end of the year they all end up in the bottom tier of the rushing attack. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
              Both things can be true - the talent sucks around him and Goff isn't playing very well. The fact that he's doing many of the things that the Rams had issues with though lends you to believe it's not just the talent thing. Still, if you put better talent around him, he's shown he can be ok.

I wonder if the coaches truly thought with the OL they were going to be able to come in and really run the ball with Williams and Swift and take a ton of pressure of Goff. That hasn't happened and with Ragnow now it definitely won't happen.
              That was never going to happen in my opinion as it’s clear we were likely to spend a lot of time playing from behind.

If that was the strategy, it was a flawed one.

Comment

• I guess they have 2 weeks to make a determination on Decker. He may be out for the season too. It is not just Ragnow. They've lost their best two linemen.

Comment

• Aaron Donald Reveals His Pregame Message To Jared Goff Before Their Matchup On Sunday

I'm gonna git you sucka
                  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...ing-after-him/
                  Last edited by edindetroit; October 22, 2021, 11:36 AM.
                  WasUKBB

Comment

• A balanced review:

Attempting to diagnose Jared Goff’s issues

What’s wrong with the Lions’ quarterback?
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      A balanced review:

Attempting to diagnose Jared Goff’s issues

What’s wrong with the Lions’ quarterback?
                      This stuff seems fixable
                      major league.jpg
                      WasUKBB

Comment

• Charlie Sheen with the beat-me, fuck-me glasses. All-time classic.

Comment

• Jared Blueskies… guess we have another Blueskies QB in Detroit.

A perspective I was thinking about this morning…
                          Is the Lions community being too soft on the Lions coaching staff when it comes to Goff? I see a lot of hate on Blueskies 2.0. The Lions community narrative is mostly: “Oh, the Lions have the worst starting QB in the NFL. How can Dan Campbell and the coaching staff do anything with Goff?”
                          My response would now be… Ok, McVay and the Rams fooled a lot of people into thinking Goff was better than he actually is. Rams did something right to make Goff play better. Is the Lions offensive coaching staff doing a poor job with Goff? I don’t think they deserve a free pass this season.
                          Goff goes from maybe the 12th-16th best QB over a 5 year period to the 31st-32nd this season. Personnel has something to do with it, but my point is to not give the Lions coaches a free pass. There’s some deserving criticism.
                          2021 AAL - Jamaal Williams
                          2021 Weekly Pick'em Champ
                          2022 NFL Draft Wishlist - Cade York, K, LSU

Comment

• I’d get Nick Foles next year. He can run RPO concepts in his sleep, he actually pushes the ball down the field and has been to a Super Bowl without shitting down his leg.

Should be cheap and has been playing behind a horrible O line and Matt Nagy.

Comment

• Cheap is a relative term, Foles will get somewhere between 10-15 million on the open market.

Comment

• Don’t we already have proof of what Nick Foles can do with a bad roster? Foles’ 1 season in Jacksonville.
                                Foles did suffer an early injury, but he did comeback to play a little.

I don’t see the point unless it’s a joke.
                                Goff vs Foles is close to a wash.
                                + the Lions are already financially tied to Goff in 2022.
                                2021 AAL - Jamaal Williams
                                2021 Weekly Pick'em Champ
                                2022 NFL Draft Wishlist - Cade York, K, LSU

Comment

Working...
                                X