Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jared Goff shits unicorns and rainbows

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • His base salary is currently 4 million and his stock is down. Surely we could get him at a somewhat affordable salary.

    Comment


    • The London Lion likes talking about RPO, that's why he brings up Foles.

      Comment


      • Whatever cost it would take to sign a Foles-like QB… I’d rather see the Lions use that cap and splurge on a FA WR like Godwin in 2022.

        I think the Lions have to go into 2022 with Goff as the starter. If the Lions like a QB in the 2022 draft, select him and use Goff as a bridge QB to the rookie.
        If not 2022, Lions have to draft a QB in 2023.

        Improve the personnel around the QB position and give Goff a reasonable chance.
        2021 AAL - Jamaal Williams
        2021 Weekly Pick'em Champ

        Comment


        • Because Goff doesn’t even look good enough to be a bridge QB. He has no threat of pushing it down the field. Defenses will just sell out to stop the run and sit on shorter routes.

          Why not bring in a cheap option to compete? I’d bet money he’d be better than Goff. Also our O line and run game compare very favourably to the Jags when he played.

          Comment


          • Unfortunately, I think it's in the best interest of the loins to suffer through Goff for another year. I'm not seeing a game changer QB in the draft. Load up on Defense and WR this year and save the QB pick for a top shelf model.
            Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              The London Lion likes talking about RPO, that's why he brings up Foles.
              Well, it makes sense in a run heavy offense doesn’t it? The backers were blitzing the A and B gap near every play towards the end of the game knowing the ball wouldn’t be thrown. You can’t win like that easily.

              Comment


              • You underrate how much he would cost.

                Comment


                • GOFF SUCKS!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "22" !!

                  Comment


                  • And an injured Goff sucks even more.
                    #birdsarentreal

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      And an injured Goff sucks even more.
                      I don't know he didn't fumble the ball or throw an INT (he did try but he failed to do so)
                      "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance" Plato

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Jared Blueskies… guess we have another Blueskies QB in Detroit.

                        A perspective I was thinking about this morning…
                        Is the Lions community being too soft on the Lions coaching staff when it comes to Goff? I see a lot of hate on Blueskies 2.0..
                        There is nothing I "fear" more then to deal with a Joey level QB for 4 (or more) years.

                        Some of you that are in such a frickin rush to sign up a Joey level QB. That's all I see when I look at the QBs that will be available in the draft. The only time this franchise lucked up and got a good QB they swung that methodology to all the other positions. Need, need, need... will always lead you back here. It just does.

                        Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Whatever cost it would take to sign a Foles-like QB… I’d rather see the Lions use that cap and splurge on a FA WR like Godwin in 2022.

                        I think the Lions have to go into 2022 with Goff as the starter. If the Lions like a QB in the 2022 draft, they should all be fired before they fu(k up the next 5 years of this team..
                        You can't make something be there that just isn't. You deal with it the best way you can and be opportunistic if a verifiable option (veteran) reveals itself, but you just can't let yourself be swayed to pick a guy because of need that just isn't suitable. The addition is actually a subtraction.

                        Originally posted by gibby View Post
                        Unfortunately, I think it's in the best interest of the loins to suffer through Goff for another year. I'm not seeing a game changer QB in the draft. Load up on Defense and WR this year and save the QB pick for a top shelf model.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

                        Comment


                        • Yep, embrace the suck do not give in.

                          Comment


                          • Don't draft a Quarterback next year because we don't currently have one.

                            As much as I can't stand Goff, I'd rather put up with him for another year than panic draft a Quarterback, setting us back another few years.
                            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                            My friend Ken L

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                              Don't draft a Quarterback next year because we don't currently have one.

                              As much as I can't stand Goff, I'd rather put up with him for another year than panic draft a Quarterback, setting us back another few years.
                              I agree with that.
                              GO LIONS "22" !!

                              Comment


                              • That’s why I suggest bringing in a veteran as competition.

                                We need to show improvement and win some games. Right now there’s no point in sitting Goff, there’s even worse trash in the pipeline behind him.

                                We’ve got some cap space next year - why not look at a Foles or a Taylor? I’d rather have had the ghost of Cam Newton.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X