X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanO
    replied
    Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
    Don't draft a Quarterback next year because we don't currently have one.

As much as I can't stand Goff, I'd rather put up with him for another year than panic draft a Quarterback, setting us back another few years.
    I agree with that.

Leave a comment:

• whatever_gong82
    replied
    Don't draft a Quarterback next year because we don't currently have one.

As much as I can't stand Goff, I'd rather put up with him for another year than panic draft a Quarterback, setting us back another few years.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Yep, embrace the suck do not give in.

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied
    Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    Jared Blueskies… guess we have another Blueskies QB in Detroit.

A perspective I was thinking about this morning…
    Is the Lions community being too soft on the Lions coaching staff when it comes to Goff? I see a lot of hate on Blueskies 2.0..
    There is nothing I "fear" more then to deal with a Joey level QB for 4 (or more) years.

Some of you that are in such a frickin rush to sign up a Joey level QB. That's all I see when I look at the QBs that will be available in the draft. The only time this franchise lucked up and got a good QB they swung that methodology to all the other positions. Need, need, need... will always lead you back here. It just does.

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    Whatever cost it would take to sign a Foles-like QB… I’d rather see the Lions use that cap and splurge on a FA WR like Godwin in 2022.

I think the Lions have to go into 2022 with Goff as the starter. If the Lions like a QB in the 2022 draft, they should all be fired before they fu(k up the next 5 years of this team..
    You can't make something be there that just isn't. You deal with it the best way you can and be opportunistic if a verifiable option (veteran) reveals itself, but you just can't let yourself be swayed to pick a guy because of need that just isn't suitable. The addition is actually a subtraction.

Originally posted by gibby View Post
    Unfortunately, I think it's in the best interest of the loins to suffer through Goff for another year. I'm not seeing a game changer QB in the draft. Load up on Defense and WR this year and save the QB pick for a top shelf model.

Leave a comment:

• The Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
    And an injured Goff sucks even more.
    I don't know he didn't fumble the ball or throw an INT (he did try but he failed to do so)

Leave a comment:

• -Deborah-
    replied
    And an injured Goff sucks even more.

Leave a comment:

• DanO
    replied
    GOFF SUCKS!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    You underrate how much he would cost.

Leave a comment:

• TheLondonLion
    replied
    Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    The London Lion likes talking about RPO, that's why he brings up Foles.
    Well, it makes sense in a run heavy offense doesn’t it? The backers were blitzing the A and B gap near every play towards the end of the game knowing the ball wouldn’t be thrown. You can’t win like that easily.

Leave a comment:

• gibby
    replied
    Unfortunately, I think it's in the best interest of the loins to suffer through Goff for another year. I'm not seeing a game changer QB in the draft. Load up on Defense and WR this year and save the QB pick for a top shelf model.

Leave a comment:

• TheLondonLion
    replied
    Because Goff doesn’t even look good enough to be a bridge QB. He has no threat of pushing it down the field. Defenses will just sell out to stop the run and sit on shorter routes.

Why not bring in a cheap option to compete? I’d bet money he’d be better than Goff. Also our O line and run game compare very favourably to the Jags when he played.

Leave a comment:

• Cody_Russell
    replied
    Whatever cost it would take to sign a Foles-like QB… I’d rather see the Lions use that cap and splurge on a FA WR like Godwin in 2022.

I think the Lions have to go into 2022 with Goff as the starter. If the Lions like a QB in the 2022 draft, select him and use Goff as a bridge QB to the rookie.
    If not 2022, Lions have to draft a QB in 2023.

Improve the personnel around the QB position and give Goff a reasonable chance.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    The London Lion likes talking about RPO, that's why he brings up Foles.

Leave a comment:

• TheLondonLion
    replied
    His base salary is currently 4 million and his stock is down. Surely we could get him at a somewhat affordable salary.

Leave a comment:

• Cody_Russell
    replied
    Don’t we already have proof of what Nick Foles can do with a bad roster? Foles’ 1 season in Jacksonville.
    Foles did suffer an early injury, but he did comeback to play a little.

I don’t see the point unless it’s a joke.
    Goff vs Foles is close to a wash.
    + the Lions are already financially tied to Goff in 2022.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X