Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• froot loops
    replied
    One of the plays in that article looks like if he threw to Hockenson when he was open, he would have hit him in the back of the helmet.

Leave a comment:

• dpatnod
    replied
    Those other spectators have nothing to do with it!!!!!!

Goff got taken to school by Burrow.

You can't win with that guy. Try someone else.

And don't get me started on that F-er Daly!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    Throwing it away there still isn't the egregious mistake it was made out to be. That's slap on the wrist level shit at best.

I'm not arguing he's not playing poorly. Im just arguing that anyone would to varying degrees. Stafford did too. To me with the severe lack of talent right now being tentative and trying to keep your team alive is the lesser evil than being more aggressive with receivers who have clearly showcased play that make it a losing bet.

The reality is there is a shared responsibility where everyone has to play better and it will take them doing it together. Goff completing a few of the missed open passes a game isn't likely to move the needle much if guys aren't also getting open more. Maybe I'm delusional here but his accuracy thus far hasn't seemed wildly off. It's a lot of narrow misses. How do you develop timing with a new set of receivers every week?

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    The last play is complaining that he didn't see his checkdown on the right when he has a guy immediately on top of him when he looks that way and a hold occurs. He knows it's a hold. He saw it happen. Throwing it away is better than getting someone hurt at that point.
    I'm going to strenously disagree with this. Goff lost his head on that play. I don't care if there's a penalty. Try to convert and force the Bengals to accept it. There's a reason a lot of people who have played in the NFL are dogging him on that one. Hell, even Jared Goff doesn't buy your excuse on that play.

Now that said, no... he's not solely responsible for every single mistake this team makes. Yes, his team is largely trash, and it's amplifying the flaws in his game and diminishing his strengths. But there's a reason why Campbell acknowledged Goff has to step up. Because he does. Even with this disaster of a roster, he shouldn't look this bad.
    Last edited by chemiclord; October 20, 2021, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
    Don’t listen to me then - read this methodical breakdown and look at him ignoring wide open receivers. You can’t blame it all on them.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/l...-dan-campbell/
    You are very much seeking confirmation bias. That is an incredibly trash article for a multitude of reasons.

First play. Single high safety. Middle of the field is a huge no-no. St. Brown is running a corner route. It's possible there's a middle of the field option there but it would be unclear if that's true or if it's an opportunity for St.Brown/Goff are to bait the safety. Either way it wouldn't work. Look at the location of the safety when St. Brown looks back compared to the safety who is looking the entire time. If Goff throws that It's likely an interception or a breakup or a now illegal decapitation. The other defensive back has position to play the corner route. It's not open.

Ignoring the pick because it wasn't on Goff.

Ok Second play is actually a masked coverage. It is Cover 3 with the corners and one safety high mid. The other 2 middle defenders who started deep come up. Goff would need to see what that cornerback does before slinging that. To see him bite on an underneath route or something, he doesn't. He's always in position to watch Goff and jump in that lane. It's not open.

The wheel route. That's a tough fit and a difficult timing throw. He definitely did miss but not by much.

The last play is complaining that he didn't see his checkdown on the right when he has a guy immediately on top of him when he looks that way and a hold occurs. He knows it's a hold. He saw it happen. Throwing it away is better than getting someone hurt at that point.

Also, the article makes zero mention of a lack of talent amongst his receivers or poor line play possibly having anything to do with any of the struggles It's a writer looking at coverages incorrectly, seeing what he wants to. Goff HAS made some bad decisions. These aren't it.

So congrats, man. You showed me a video of Goff and Hock narrowly failing to connect on a tough throw.

He's not going to do well. His team sucks. The one good tidbit in there was Campbell's quote. It's also kind of a catch 22 though. I bet it's highly likely he's getting too deep because he's reacting to the massive play drop off in interior pressure since Ragnow went down.

Leave a comment:

• CGVT
    replied
    This thread cracks me up.

You fuckers think a QB is going to make a difference?

You think any QB could look good with this sack of talentless fucks?

Jesus.

You are almost as bad as the He-Man Stafford Haters.

Leave a comment:

• TheLondonLion
    replied
    Don’t listen to me then - read this methodical breakdown and look at him ignoring wide open receivers. You can’t blame it all on them.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/l...-dan-campbell/

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
    I wonder if anyone has turned that into a Jameis Winston meme.

Leave a comment:

• edindetroit
    replied
    Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
    For shits n giggles.

C. He remains tentative throwing downfield even with capable downfield options. He keeps trying to hit St. Brown but he doesn't have much separation when he's tried. He's half and half targeting Hock long. That last game had a near miss and one beautifully dropped in the bucket over the LB and under the safeties. The 2pt to Hodge was an impressive throw stepping up into the pocket. Stop ignoring the good. Jesus let the MF play with some NFL caliber teammates.
    Get the dudes vision checked

I-5cd050bdbc9dba4c33e738d79a509218-Charlie-SHeen-wild-thing.jpg

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    For shits n giggles.

Jared "gtfonow" Goff first 6 games of 2021. With receiving options Hockenson, Swift and dogshit. Sewell,Nelson at tackle Jackaon and Vaitai at Guard and Ragnow for 3 1/2 games and Evan Brown for 2 1/2 at C.

CMP ATT CMP% YDS Y/A TD INT SCK FMB RUSH/YDS
    159 238 66.8. 1505. 6.3 7 4 15 6 73

For context 3 picks were stupid throws and 1 was not his fault ripped out of St. Browns hands. 1 Fumble from holding the ball too long. 1 slipping out of his hand in the rain. 1 failed snap exchange from under center. 1 pre-mature shotgun snap while making adjustments. 2 fumbles on Blind-side sacks not due to holding the ball too long. Most of the sacks were missed blocks with some holding too long.

VS.

John Matthew Stafford the anointed. (I love Stafford, I'm just having fun.) Last 6 games of 2018. With Golladay, Riddick and dogs shit as receiving options Decker with Wagner for 1 1/2 games and Crosby for 4 1/2 for tackles. Wiggins and Glasgow at G and Ragnow at Center.

CMP ATT CMP% YDS Y/A TD INT SCK FMB RUSH/YDS
    123 187 65.8 1172 6.3 4 3 10 1 7

I certainly can't remember the context for Stafford's turnovers and sacks so it's possible all or none were due to his errors.

Goff had a little more run support here and there. Stafford had better pass protection. It probably roughly equals out. They both fuckin sucked and failed to produce. Neither threw games away with tons of INTs. They've both been pro-bowlers.

What to look for is A. How he plays when he has teammates who are at least competent. B. If he starts carelessly throwing games away having multiple pick games trying to force shit. Or C. He remains tentative throwing downfield even with capable downfield options. He keeps trying to hit St. Brown but he doesn't have much separation when he's tried. He's half and half targeting Hock long. That last game had a near miss and one beautifully dropped in the bucket over the LB and under the safeties. The 2pt to Hodge was an impressive throw stepping up into the pocket. Stop ignoring the good. Jesus let the MF play with some NFL caliber teammates.

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    You are massively overreacting, being unrealistic and couch quarterbacking. It's not hard to find games of Brady playing like complete ass in the rare occurrences his fantastic teams failed to protect him. There are superbowls and playoff games showcasing it.

Leave a comment:

• TheLondonLion
    replied
    Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
    It's really this simple guys. Last year I was saying Philly's line was playing so bad no one would succeed there. Recievers weren't helping much either. Carson Wentz looked like shit. Everyone saying his career is over. Jalen Hurts made a few big plays when he came in and got all the hype despite also having bad outings overall.

Fast forward to now and Wentz looks light-years better with a line in indy that still struggles but is much better than Philadelphia's was. He has more to work with for receiving opinions. He looks solid. Hurts is looking ok as he himself got some help too but no longer looks as good as Wentz, definitely not better. It's a small sample size but I think the point of my post is pretty clear.

Goff looks bad right now. Period. So would Tom Brady. We have even less recieving talent and a worse line than he had his last year in NE. There is no quarterback in the league who would succeed at a high level in our current condition. Absolutely none. Maybe Stafford gets another TD, Rodgers too etc, we still get smoked and can't hope to win a game unless our defense holds a team under 20. Both times that's happened so far our opponent did a lot of heavy lifting to help with it.

I'm not going to overreact. I'm not gonna throw in the towel on Goff atm when there is absolutely zero reason to. When he clearly has no help. Like a QB at one? Or in the second or later? Absolutely, take em. For some batshit crazy reason Cam wants to come here and fail for no money then sure let him try. There is value in Goff being tentative with the ball while he has no help. We almost won two games we had no business even being in. Those would not have happened if he was slinging it downfield to covered recievers.

You can choose to hold off judgment until you can see what he can do with help. Hypothetically draft Corral next year and let him sit and Goff blows up. You just got yourself even more beautiful draft picks. He fails? You have a plan B. No reason to make any kind of decision now before he has help.
    I guarantee you Brady makes 3/3 of those 4th down throws where Goff somehow failed to spot a wide open receiver directly in front of him and turned over on downs.

There are attributes you can see without the supporting cast. As I keep saying - there’s a reason LAR got rid of him. He’s been the same for a while.

Leave a comment:

• edindetroit
    replied
    Buckle up, the QB carousel is going to go off the rails. Again.

Detroit Lions

Jared Goff was a high-priced salary dump. He is functional at best, and with this coaching staff on offense (less than innovative) and with this cast around him, you have no shot to win. He was never gonna be more than a look-see, and he could end up benched sooner rather than later. No one will be hotter to draft a QB than the Lions.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...06br6uNuekg3Rg

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    It's really this simple guys. Last year I was saying Philly's line was playing so bad no one would succeed there. Recievers weren't helping much either. Carson Wentz looked like shit. Everyone saying his career is over. Jalen Hurts made a few big plays when he came in and got all the hype despite also having bad outings overall.

Fast forward to now and Wentz looks light-years better with a line in indy that still struggles but is much better than Philadelphia's was. He has more to work with for receiving opinions. He looks solid. Hurts is looking ok as he himself got some help too but no longer looks as good as Wentz, definitely not better. It's a small sample size but I think the point of my post is pretty clear.

Goff looks bad right now. Period. So would Tom Brady. We have even less recieving talent and a worse line than he had his last year in NE. There is no quarterback in the league who would succeed at a high level in our current condition. Absolutely none. Maybe Stafford gets another TD, Rodgers too etc, we still get smoked and can't hope to win a game unless our defense holds a team under 20. Both times that's happened so far our opponent did a lot of heavy lifting to help with it.

I'm not going to overreact. I'm not gonna throw in the towel on Goff atm when there is absolutely zero reason to. When he clearly has no help. Like a QB at one? Or in the second or later? Absolutely, take em. For some batshit crazy reason Cam wants to come here and fail for no money then sure let him try. There is value in Goff being tentative with the ball while he has no help. We almost won two games we had no business even being in. Those would not have happened if he was slinging it downfield to covered recievers.

You can choose to hold off judgment until you can see what he can do with help. Hypothetically draft Corral next year and let him sit and Goff blows up. You just got yourself even more beautiful draft picks. He fails? You have a plan B. No reason to make any kind of decision now before he has help.

Leave a comment:

• Mainevent
    replied
    Freep had a paywall article with the heading that the Lions need to be "patiently desperate" in looking for a new QB. Thought that seemed a fitting description.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X