Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Forum's Amazon Link this Holiday Season

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold.

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. Same if you buy a Prime membership for someone else as a gift! Purchasing an Audible membership will earn the forum a few bucks. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

If you have an Amazon Echo, you need a free trial of Amazon Music!! We will earn $3 and it's free to you!

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Stay safe and well and thank you for your participation in the Forum and for your support!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

Jared Goff shits unicorns and rainbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGSpartan
    replied
    And if he's not a franchise QB but he can be a game manager they could be a middling team. A trying to win now Quintricia combo passing on QB's while having Stafford doesn't mean the current administration should pass on a QB they feel has franchise potential just because they MAY be bad enough to pick ones that you think are better. They play at big schools that vastly outtalent the majority of their opponents. Mac Jones has been solid but neither school has a history of turning out QBs that actually ARE good.

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied
    Think of it this way. If Goff is THAT bad then we'll be picking first again.

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied
    The 2 1sts next year will be used on a better QB. If you dig thru the bargain bin, don't think you will be getting top shelf.

That was set in stone this year when they passed on better solutions for the second year in a row.

You guys seriously think these guys are available every year? Check the history. They're not.

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    Corral and Howell stand out to me. Howell was great as a freshman and soph when he had weapons, and he's been pretty good this year with none. He's iron man tough. Corral seems to have a bit of an IT factor
    You were pounding the table for Sam Darnold though while I was laughing my ass off at Carolina for trading away a better QB and a pick for him. Not sure I trust your QB evaluations.

Just giving you a little shit. That said I do like Corral. His floor is potentially low but his ceiling is potentially very high. His current situation somewhat translates even to the Lions. A team that can run but doesn't have much for offensive weapons and has a lesser talent level than many of its SEC opponents. What I probably like most about him is that he has enough wheels to use them when shit's not there and seems to have matured away from forcing shit that's not there. He hasn't hurt his team with dumb decisions. I don't see him lasting to our second pick tho but if he does I'd be in on him. Hard to pass on one of the edge guys that seem to have a much higher floor.

Howell I like too but he's more on the back end for me of the top guys. Hes just a step behind Corral to me. The UNC offense doesn't do him a lot of favors for what he'd be coming in to. He's a sit and learn for a bit guy unless you feel he has the confidence to not let the inevitable adjustment mistakes wreck him.

Next year's class looks to me to be currently more top heavy but I'm not sure that makes it a better class. I still view this as a solid class that's just missing the big school kids doing big school things. If we finish at 5 next year both Stroud and Young could be gone. I think we potentially have worse to pick from next year at 5 than we would this year with the second two picks. Who else is left on the board this year does matter too. I don't like the idea of flat saying no to a QB other than at 1 where I view Thibodeaux and Hutchinson as having a much higher success chance at a position that's also super important.

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied
    Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    Corral and Howell stand out to me. Howell was great as a freshman and soph when he had weapons, and he's been pretty good this year with none. He's iron man tough. Corral seems to have a bit of an IT factor
    Would you pick him with the #1 pick in the draft?

Leave a comment:

• Forsh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• edindetroit
    replied
    They won't be replacing a star they will be replacing Goff.

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied
    One of these QBs will exceed his draft position. I just have no faith we will be that lucky. That's not a shot at Holmes, but it is just an acceptance of the history of this team. Getting good QBs are rare for us and replacing a star with a star almost never happens.

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied
    Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
    That's saying a lot. He's wrong early and often. The local station he was on went out of business. I don't wonder why.

Leave a comment:

• edindetroit
    replied
    Screenshot_20211124-111927_Chrome.jpg

Leave a comment:

• THE STEE
    replied
    Originally posted by DanO View Post
    GOFF SUCKS!!!!!
    he is the check down Charlie...err Joey

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Yep I would have taken a shot with Minshew. For some reason TLL wants old, broken down Nick Foles. That's a guy who can't stay healthy, that isn't a good formula in Detroit. I'm a Michigan State man and even I know it's a bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• Mainevent
    replied
    Should have traded for Minshew. He’d at least be entertaining.
    Last edited by Mainevent; November 15, 2021, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    Those guys aren't cheap, Cam Newton got 5 million for half a season. Fitzmagic makes 15 million a year. Your big mistake is thinking these guys are cheap.

Leave a comment:

• TheLondonLion
    replied
    That’s why I suggest bringing in a veteran as competition.

We need to show improvement and win some games. Right now there’s no point in sitting Goff, there’s even worse trash in the pipeline behind him.

We’ve got some cap space next year - why not look at a Foles or a Taylor? I’d rather have had the ghost of Cam Newton.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X