Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Forum's Amazon Link this Holiday Season

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold.

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. Same if you buy a Prime membership for someone else as a gift! Purchasing an Audible membership will earn the forum a few bucks. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

If you have an Amazon Echo, you need a free trial of Amazon Music!! We will earn $3 and it's free to you!

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Stay safe and well and thank you for your participation in the Forum and for your support!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

How "Oh: will they go??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niffla
    replied
    Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    If the Lions don’t beat the Eagles at home in week 8… it’s looking like the Lions will be 0-10 on Thanksgiving.
    So embarrassing. I wonder how many people in this country who want to watch good games that day collectively roll their eyes every Thanksgiving morning when they know they'll be subjected to arguably the most inept professional sports franchise this country has to offer. For 3 plus hours. Every single Thanksgiving. I know they started the tradition but I'm still amazed that the NFL allows them to play that day. On national television in front of the entire country.. And you just know that whatever broadcast duo is stuck with that game (Buck/Aikman or Nantz/Romo) just cringes knowing they have to spend the greatest holiday this country has in Detroit, watching that level on ineptitude while pretending like it's meaningful. If I was them I'd be taking shots of bourbon during commercial breaks just to get through it.

Leave a comment:

• Cody_Russell
    replied
    I was against the Campbell hire at the time, but think he deserves a shot before judging him.
    Really like the staff Campbell assembled... that's as far as my opinion will go about him in 2021.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    I just don't get the Dan Campbell hate unless it's trolling. The 2021 Lions roster is god awful. You can put Nick Saban or Bill Belichick in charge of this roster and you would hardly see a difference.

Point being... be mad at the roster, not the coaching staff. Holmes and Campbell deserve some time before judging them.
    Hell, I think he has a problem with being over-aggressive, especially considering the roster he has. But hey, I'm probably Campbell's biggest critic who didn't want him hired in the first place, so if that's the worst I can come up with, ya gotta figure he's doing alright.

Leave a comment:

• Cody_Russell
    replied
    I just don't get the Dan Campbell hate unless it's trolling. The 2021 Lions roster is god awful. You can put Nick Saban or Bill Belichick in charge of this roster and you would hardly see a difference.

Point being... be mad at the roster, not the coaching staff. Holmes and Campbell deserve some time before judging them.

Leave a comment:

• LightninBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

If only his grasp of the English language was as locked in.
    Now, now, lets be nice. We aren't writing novels here. And, to be fair, Its pretty much on par with today's journalist.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    You seem pretty clued in on the Lions.
    If only his grasp of the English language was as locked in.

Leave a comment:

• LightninBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by PatAmI View Post
    Woods needs to go, he isn't a football guy.
    Yeah, but they hired Chris Spielman as Special Assistant (to the) Team President, so that makes Woods ok.

Leave a comment:

• LightninBoy
    replied
    I would be careful in overreacting to a bad loss.
    - Bad loss to GB (terrible 2nd half). Lions fans overreact and the Lions almost beat the Ravens in the following week.
    - Bad loss to Chicago. Lions fans overreact and the Lions almost beat the Vikings in the following week.
    This reminded me of the Sir Robin bit from Monty Python ...

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    You seem pretty clued in on the Lions.

Leave a comment:

• PatAmI
    replied
    Campbell is not the answer, Ron Woods is not the answer and Goff sure as hell ain't the answer.
    I would but good money on the fact that Detroit could higher someone off the street to coach.
    But the main issues are the front office. Woods needs to go, he isn't a football guy.

Leave a comment:

• Cody_Russell
    replied
    I would be careful in overreacting to a bad loss.
    - Bad loss to GB (terrible 2nd half). Lions fans overreact and the Lions almost beat the Ravens in the following week.
    - Bad loss to Chicago. Lions fans overreact and the Lions almost beat the Vikings in the following week.

It's the NFL. Not college football. The worst team can win games at any time.
    Now, we all know the Rams game is a guaranteed loss and the Lions will be 0-7. So exclude this game from the "any time" statement.
    Maybe the Lions win any of vs Eagles, vs Bears, @ Broncos, @ Falcons, vs Packers (if they rest their starters during the last week again...).

Hope not! Tank for Thibodeaux!

Leave a comment:

• dpatnod
    replied
    I got a box of dehydrated water.

I'm not sure what to add.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Unless they pull a win somewhere, somehow, 0-17 is a scary possibility.

Yes, unless they win at some point, a season without a win is certainly possible. In fact, I'd dare say it is likely. A certainty, in fact.
    Last edited by chemiclord; October 18, 2021, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    At home versus Chicago

Leave a comment:

• edindetroit
    replied
    Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post

Philadelphia, Atlanta and who else?
    Appalachian State

Leave a comment:

Working...