Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• froot loops
    replied
    No I actually look forward to the Thanksgiving game. You are talking about punishing me because of that. I didn't do anything to be punished for.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I get it, you are the internet tough guy trying to show off your bona fides

Come on, man. You've already used that pithy dismissal. Get some new material. That one's stale.
    Last edited by chemiclord; October 18, 2021, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    I get it, you are the internet tough guy trying to show off your bona fides

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    I get it, but you are actually punishing the fans who have this tradition. I think it would actually hurt the fans more than the franchise and the owners.

It would bum me out.
    To be honest, any fan that is still THAT committed to this piece of shit franchise DESERVES to be punished for it.

I have NO problem with the NFL forcibly taking the Ford's toy away and telling them they can have it back when they field a winning team. The league WON'T, because as I mentioned, it's the only way to get the Ford family angry, and the league rather likes FoMoCo's dollars, but I'd have no problem with it happening. Fuck the Fords. Let them cry about it.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    I get it, but you are actually punishing the fans who have this tradition. I think it would actually hurt the fans more than the franchise and the owners.

It would bum me out.

Leave a comment:

• Niffla
    replied
    It is a cool event down in Detroit with the parade and the huge race. But they have sucked for a long time, so I get that sentiment. It's really the one thing Lion fans have.
    This organization emphatically doesn't even deserve this one thing, though. Especially something as prestigious as hosting a game on Thanksgiving. They've had it for like 85 years. If I was the NFL, I'd take it away from them. They've had it long enough. They have done absolutely zero to earn keeping it. And believe me growing up it meant a TON to me for the Lions to get that spotlight. It felt like our Superbowl, because lord knows we weren't going to an actual Superbowl. I hate saying it, I really do. But this is a horrific, pathetic organization and they deserve absolutely nothing.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Originally posted by Niffla View Post

So embarrassing. I wonder how many people in this country who want to watch good games that day collectively roll their eyes every Thanksgiving morning when they know they'll be subjected to arguably the most inept professional sports franchise this country has to offer. For 3 plus hours. Every single Thanksgiving. I know they started the tradition but I'm still amazed that the NFL allows them to play that day. On national television in front of the entire country.. And you just know that whatever broadcast duo is stuck with that game (Buck/Aikman or Nantz/Romo) just cringes knowing they have to spend the greatest holiday this country has in Detroit, watching that level on ineptitude while pretending like it's meaningful. If I was them I'd be taking shots of bourbon during commercial breaks just to get through it.
    The only time the Ford family has ever gotten visibly angry at the NFL and threatened ad dollars was that brief moment where the NFL considered rotating the Thanksgiving Day game among other teams. It's the one time the REAL family business thinks they have a largely captive national audience to bury them in the Ford brand name.
    Last edited by chemiclord; October 18, 2021, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    It is a cool event down in Detroit with the parade and the huge race. But they have sucked for a long time, so I get that sentiment. It's really the one thing Lion fans have.

Leave a comment:

• Niffla
    replied
    Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    If the Lions don’t beat the Eagles at home in week 8… it’s looking like the Lions will be 0-10 on Thanksgiving.
    So embarrassing. I wonder how many people in this country who want to watch good games that day collectively roll their eyes every Thanksgiving morning when they know they'll be subjected to arguably the most inept professional sports franchise this country has to offer. For 3 plus hours. Every single Thanksgiving. I know they started the tradition but I'm still amazed that the NFL allows them to play that day. On national television in front of the entire country.. And you just know that whatever broadcast duo is stuck with that game (Buck/Aikman or Nantz/Romo) just cringes knowing they have to spend the greatest holiday this country has in Detroit, watching that level on ineptitude while pretending like it's meaningful. If I was them I'd be taking shots of bourbon during commercial breaks just to get through it.

Leave a comment:

• Cody_Russell
    replied
    I was against the Campbell hire at the time, but think he deserves a shot before judging him.
    Really like the staff Campbell assembled... that's as far as my opinion will go about him in 2021.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    I just don't get the Dan Campbell hate unless it's trolling. The 2021 Lions roster is god awful. You can put Nick Saban or Bill Belichick in charge of this roster and you would hardly see a difference.

Point being... be mad at the roster, not the coaching staff. Holmes and Campbell deserve some time before judging them.
    Hell, I think he has a problem with being over-aggressive, especially considering the roster he has. But hey, I'm probably Campbell's biggest critic who didn't want him hired in the first place, so if that's the worst I can come up with, ya gotta figure he's doing alright.

Leave a comment:

• Cody_Russell
    replied
    I just don't get the Dan Campbell hate unless it's trolling. The 2021 Lions roster is god awful. You can put Nick Saban or Bill Belichick in charge of this roster and you would hardly see a difference.

Point being... be mad at the roster, not the coaching staff. Holmes and Campbell deserve some time before judging them.

Leave a comment:

• LightninBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

If only his grasp of the English language was as locked in.
    Now, now, lets be nice. We aren't writing novels here. And, to be fair, Its pretty much on par with today's journalist.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    You seem pretty clued in on the Lions.
    If only his grasp of the English language was as locked in.

Leave a comment:

• LightninBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by PatAmI View Post
    Woods needs to go, he isn't a football guy.
    Yeah, but they hired Chris Spielman as Special Assistant (to the) Team President, so that makes Woods ok.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X