Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Forum's Amazon Link this Holiday Season

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold.

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. Same if you buy a Prime membership for someone else as a gift! Purchasing an Audible membership will earn the forum a few bucks. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

If you have an Amazon Echo, you need a free trial of Amazon Music!! We will earn $3 and it's free to you!

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Stay safe and well and thank you for your participation in the Forum and for your support!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

How "Oh: will they go??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbomb Turk
    replied
    0-5 to no one's surprise

Leave a comment:

• Newbomb Turk
    replied
    0-4 thanks for playing -Deborah-, Newbomb Turk, NewOrleansLion, froot loops

Leave a comment:

• Newbomb Turk
    replied
    0-3 thanksfor playing DeanUK
    Last edited by Newbomb Turk; September 26, 2021, 03:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• edindetroit
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
    They'll win game 1 - mark it up.
    Motivation and hype can't get you through an entire season - but it can get you through 1 game.
    That didn't age well.

Leave a comment:

• Newbomb Turk
    replied
    0-2

Dan V, thanks for playing

Leave a comment:

• Newbomb Turk
    replied
    0-1

Leave a comment:

• NewOrleansLion
    replied
    Bengals. Decker might be back by then.

Leave a comment:

• Newbomb Turk
    replied
    Get them votes in

Leave a comment:

• Passepartout
    replied
    I like what I see in Dan Campbell. Can easily forgive the Lions preseason games as it was with second and third stringers.

Leave a comment:

• Fraquar
    replied
    Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I sincerely doubt Jonathan Ogden looked like Jonathan Ogden in his first preseason either.

Believe me, I am as much of a Lions pessimist as anyone on this board, but Jesus Christ does it seem like for some posters here it's like some sort of race to sound the alarms.
    Ogden was like virtually every other top O-lineman drafted. A year older and 20+ more games under his belt - and wasn't coming off a year of not even touching a player.

Sewell is literally UNCHARTED TERRITORY. The $64 question is how patient can a team be to wait to see if he lives up to his draft stock.

Leave a comment:

• gibby
    replied
    I'm not down on Sewell. It's going to take some time to learn the position and the league. That said, if he's still having horrible game after horrible game then look to move him down in the depth chart.

Okuda on the other hand is putting in the time and effort to be a bust. If he isn't a stud this year, replace him next year.

Leave a comment:

• gibby
    replied
    I'm guessing the lions will go "Oh, for fuck sake" this year.
    Take that to Vegas. Put the house on it.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    I say it's a sign of rookie growing pains, but it's foolish to say "bust" or "the next Patrick Mahomes!" (reference to the Justin Fields preseason hype train).
    Everything isn't black and white. There is gray area, you know.
    Sewell can look inconsistent as a rookie and turn out to be a stud down the road. BOTH are possible. IDK who is calling Sewell a bust... Bengals fans maybe?
    Let's not act like Sewell is going to look like Jonathan Ogden on day 1. He's a rookie. It is what it is.
    I sincerely doubt Jonathan Ogden looked like Jonathan Ogden in his first preseason either.

Believe me, I am as much of a Lions pessimist as anyone on this board, but Jesus Christ does it seem like for some posters here it's like some sort of race to sound the alarms.

Leave a comment:

• Futureshock
    replied
    Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Holy shit man. You guys are already on the Sewell sucks bandwagon. Him skipping a season didn’t help him but this kid is still going to be a beast. He’s one of the best OT I’ve seen in a longtime and I’m stoked we got him.

What I’m not stoked about is our RG and last years RT. He’s a f’ing shit show. V should be cut immediately but he won’t be as his contract is terrible
    Totally agree. The GREAT thing about Saturday's pre-c was seeing Logan (Stenberg) at RG. All the reps that I had seen previously (for the last 2 years) they had him playing behind Jonah Jackson. Which makes sense IF you had a good RG. But we don't. So it was good to see him in there playing well. And I did not see him miss an assignment until late. Which he probably hasn't played that much since college and then got a little dinged up. I think we should be moving on from V shortly (after a few games) and then our front 5 will be together.

I do think they will be somewhat successful in the run and short passes. I just think the defensive back 8 are a sieve, and it will be hard for any offense to keep up with that. Hey, just swing pass to the flat. It doesn't matter who, we don't have anyone (but Barnes) who will react or stop it until the runner is 10-20 yards downfield.

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    I say it's a sign of rookie growing pains, but it's foolish to say "bust" or "the next Patrick Mahomes!" (reference to the Justin Fields preseason hype train).
    Sewell can look inconsistent as a rookie and turn out to be a stud down the road. BOTH are possible. IDK who is calling Sewell a bust... Bengals fans maybe?
    Let's not act like Sewell is going to look like Jonathan Ogden on day 1. He's a rookie. It is what it is.
    Fields doesn't remind me of Mahommes. He's more like Cam Newton. I can see this leading to injury somewhere in the future. Especially behind that terrible OL.

Bengal fans need to be concerned with who they selected. Sewell has 3 plays of bad tape, but at least he has good plays on tape. Unlike who they selected. Chase is 0-3 period.

Leave a comment:

• Cody_Russell
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X