X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody_Russell
    replied
    Darn, almost had it right.
    Tyrell Williams and Randy Bullock disappeared.
    Swift and the injury question valid.
    Pass rush was so off and on. Better than 2020? But Romeo Okwara went down and Charles Harris randomly was a hit.

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    August 29, 2021
    Vegas O/U for the Detroit Lions is 4.5

My 2021 Detroit Lions prediction:
    Record Prediction - 3-14 (U on the 4.5 Vegas prediction)
    Summary - It pains me to go 3-14 on a season prediction as someone that views himself as a cross between an optimistic and realistic fan. I really like the coaching staff that Campbell assembled and how the Lions are more transparent for the fans. Don’t let this trick you as the roster appears to be the worst since 2009. The Lions schedule is really tough too.
    Offense -
    Pros. TJ Hockenson will be the Lions MVP. D’Andre Swift could be great if he stays healthy. That’s a big if considering his history. The center to left side of the OLine should be good.
    Cons. Goff is a downgrade at QB and could have problems with big plays. The OLine, in particular Sewell, might be leaky. Step back and picture your top three WRs being Tyrell Williams, Kalif Raymond, and Amon-Ra St Brown. Raymond was the 4th or 5th WR on the Titans last season. While St. Brown has some positive reviews, he is still a rookie 4th RD pick. Tyrell Williams is probably the 31st or 32nd best WR#1 in the NFL.
    Defense -
    Pros. Pass rush. This might be the one pleasant surprise. With a change in scheme and the players rushing the passer, it will look competent in 2021.
    Cons. Back 7. Combination of growing pains by a core of young players and the mediocre LB play. There should be a lot of ups and downs. There’s enough talent that this unit might exceed outside expectations. As in, maybe the Lions defense will rank in the 22nd to 26th best range. Oruwariye could be solid. Okudah is the big question.
    Special Teams -
    Jack Fox is the best punter in the NFL. Will make the Pro Bowl. Seeing Randy Bullock or whatever kicker will make Lions fans want to FADE FOR CADE (York).

Leave a comment:

• dpatnod
    replied
    Where do I send the cleaning bill for my monitor?

Leave a comment:

• gibby
    replied
    Originally posted by foxhopper View Post

While I sit my fat ass in my orv/gulf cart or whatever it was.
    Front end loader

Leave a comment:

• whatever_gong82
    replied
    It's ironic and Karma at the same time that the first win is against Minnesota, who have been a pain in our butts since Bud Grant was the Head Coach of the Minnesota Vikings almost 5 decades ago.

Leave a comment:

• edindetroit
    replied
    I came close

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    Perhaps unsurprisingly in Lions world absolutely no one guessed correctly.

Leave a comment:

• DanO
    replied
    No more 0.

Leave a comment:

• Newbomb Turk
    replied
    Oh the Joy !

it's Ohver............

Leave a comment:

• Newbomb Turk
    replied
    What they would not do for a klondike bar....... thanks for playing

Leave a comment:

• Newbomb Turk
    replied
    the Oh goes on........

Leave a comment:

• Newbomb Turk
    replied
    Officials have ruled, the Oh goes on

0-8-1 !

Leave a comment:

• JGSpartan
    replied
    Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Well, that's the problem. All of them past this week are. Because they aren't just record, they are also tied to which team. For example, they can't be 0-16 going into the Packers game.

That's why I think we need a ruling on how to proceed. Are we just gonna go with the number of losses, or the team they (might) beat?
    When/If they win seems to make the most sense to me, not that I've been participating. Though maybe that makes me a good person to give a non-biased opinion.

Leave a comment:

• whatever_gong82
    replied
    I'd like the Detroit Lions to get a win, but at least they won't go 0-17.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    Yes, poll is alive because the “0” or “oh” means a win.
    It does eliminate 0-17 though… one of the poll options is eliminated.
    Well, that's the problem. All of them past this week are. Because they aren't just record, they are also tied to which team. For example, they can't be 0-16 going into the Packers game.

That's why I think we need a ruling on how to proceed. Are we just gonna go with the number of losses, or the team they (might) beat?

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    This week the Vegas updated total was 1.5. I bet they didn't think the hook might be a push.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X