No announcement yet.

All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still doesn't change that the Rams won the division in Stafford's first year.

Remember how he couldn't do that, fool?

Comment

• McVay is photogenic, gives good interviews to the media and is very animated on the sidelines but as a play caller he reminds me of a young Jim Caldwell. Is that wrong? Offensively they get by because they have Kupp, Higbee, Jackson and OBJ for Stafford to throw to but he is pretty uncreative. I've just watched one of the worst teams in the league show more creativity with a bunch of nobodies than McVay shows and Dan Campbell is a greenhorn head coach.

Comment

• I dunno. I'd say it's less a lack of creativity and more a stubbornness. He got it in his head that he NEEDED the Rams to match the 49ers physicality, and even when it was patently obvious it wasn't working, he kept going to that well.

Comment

• I didn't get to watch the game but whether it's due to wanting to match physicality or otherwise you probably aren't winning a playoff game running the ball at less than 2 ypc.

Comment

• My observation is based on all my observations of his games. I have never found him to be that creative.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              My observation is based on all my observations of his games. I have never found him to be that creative.
              Oh, he's not terribly creative... but that's not a fatal flaw for a coach. MOST coaches aren't terribly creative, as we have all repeatedly bemoaned over the years.

Comment

• Yeah like I said, he is a young Jim Caldwell. If he sat in the sidelines like a cigar store Indian he wouldn't get as much slack. When you are trying to win a Super Bowl you have to be able to adjust.

Comment

• Cardinals vs Rams on MNF. How fun.
                  Think I'm rooting for the Chargers too right now to avoid the boring Patriots vs Bills playoff game.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I don't know why McVay calls all those deep balls. Once ion awhile fine. Move the ball down the field methodically.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Same with the 'establish the run' thing. It feels like he is trying to pound a square peg into a round hole a lot of the time.

Use the things you do well.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                        I don't know why McVay calls all those deep balls. Once ion awhile fine. Move the ball down the field methodically.
                        OBJ had a step, but the ball was under thrown. A better pass would have been a TD, but I was surprised that OBJ didn't make a better play on the ball. I think it was the kind of ball that you expect him to get
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          I don't know why McVay calls all those deep balls. Once ion awhile fine. Move the ball down the field methodically.
                          I notice Stafford is a lot more comfortable and does a better job with those controled give what the defense gives you drives. His deep ball has aleays been inconsistent and moreso this year. His bread and butter are those 20-30 yard outs that are over linebackers and undercover 2 deep safeties. ( has the arm to do it like few in the league) and with Detroit their coaching was able to exploit that better(consistently) than with McVeigh.

Comment

• If Staffy chokes in prime time vs a division opponent in the playoffs, in a home game, man this forum will blow up!

Good luck to Stafford and the Rams!!!!

Comment

• McVay is too smart for his own good. Too cocky. Bad decisions and strategy. He blew the game by trying to run out the clock with less than two minutes to play and then go with the prevent defense putting no pressure on Jimmy G or the O-line to confuse the blocking assignments.

Three straight run plays out of run formation when a first down ends the game. No play action. No misdirection. He claims to have the QB he needs to win it all and takes the ball out of his hands on the most important drive of the game.

Would Belichek run three times with his QB? Heck no. He'd dial up a play to give his team to win the game, not to play not to lose.

Comment

• They can’t replace Woods. He was the secret sauce for that offense. He’s just a great all-around WR. He’s the deep guy that opens up play action and shifts schemes to open running lanes. They can’t replace him.

Comment

Working...
                                X