No announcement yet.

All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all know Stafford is a choker. That alledged LA crowd (the Niners fans were louder) won’t help much. BTW, it’s like a 6 hour drive from LA to SF. So those Niners fans come correct. You should see the Giants fans pour into San Diego for Padres games. They represent.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      The team everyone in LA loves is up 17-0.
      Crowd noise from 49ers fans caught Rams off guard on Sunday in Los Angeles

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 11, 2022, 5:49 AM EST

Getty Images

The Rams were at home on Sunday against the 49ers, but it didn’t sound like it inside SoFi Stadium.

Rams coach Sean McVay and quarterback Matthew Stafford both said the number of 49ers fans who attended the game — and the loud cheering when the Rams were on offense — surprised them and made it more difficult to call signals as the 49ers pulled of a stunning comeback win to earn a playoff berth.

It did catch us off guard,” McVay said, via ESPN. “Just because of the way that it’s been this year. It’s been great, great atmosphere, great environment. Yesterday was the same thing, but there was a lot of red there. That was definitely a surprise.”

Stafford said the Rams had a hard time getting plays called with the 49ers’ crowd noise advantage.

“It was a tough environment for us to communicate in really the whole second half,” said Stafford.

There appeared to be more 49ers fans than Rams fans in attendance, and even on the Rams’ home field, it was the 49ers who had the crowd noise advantage.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Jordan Fuller will miss playoffs with ankle injury that might require surgery

Posted by Charean Williams on January 10, 2022, 10:58 PM EST

Getty Images

The Rams will play the postseason without safety Jordan Fuller.

Rams coach Sean McVay announced Monday that Fuller’s ankle injury is season ending and might require surgery.

“That’s a big loss for us,” McVay said.

Fuller, a captain and the defensive play caller, started 16 games this season. He made 113 tackles, an interception and a pass breakup.

He was injured in the fourth quarter of the Rams’ 27-24 overtime loss to the 49ers.

Safety Taylor Rapp is in concussion protocol, with Nick Scott and Terrell Burgess the next players up on the depth chart.

“Nick Scott’s done a nice job playing in that (role),” McVay said. “I thought Terrell Burgess came in and did a really good job as well yesterday. So we’ve got a couple candidates and a lot of that is predicated on, ‘All right, what kind of personnel groupings and the approach and the best way that we feel like we want to try to defend the multiple looks that Arizona can present?’”

The Rams open the postseason against the Cardinals on Monday Night Football.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Sean McVay downplays Matthew Stafford toe issue

Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2022, 10:09 PM EST

USA TODAY Sports

Sunday’s loss by the Rams to the 49ers included not only wounded pride but a toe that may or may not be injured for quarterback Matthew Stafford.

“He was just hobbled on,” coach Sean McVay told reporters on Monday. “He had gotten hit on a third down earlier and he kind of came up limping a little bit. He doesn’t say [he’s hurting]. He’s so tough. It was maybe certain phases of your offense just a little bit more limited in terms of [his] ability to execute at the level that we all know he’s capable of. But it wasn’t like he was going to come out of the game. There’s just certain things that maybe you would potentially call on those scenarios that you’re not as comfortable with the ability to execute at the level that you want.”

McVay doesn’t believe the toe will be an issue moving forward.

“He came in, he felt good today,” McVay said regarding Stafford. “He was just typically sore.”

While the toe may not be an issue, the Rams suddenly have to worry about the crowd at SoFi Stadium. On Sunday, the place was overrun by zealous 49ers fans.

“I think it did catch us off guard,” McVay said. “I think just because of the way that it’s been this year. It’s been a great, great atmosphere, great environment. Yesterday was the same thing, but there was a lot of red there. That was definitely a surprise — I think it’s a fair way to put it.”

A different kind of red may show up on Monday night, when the Cardinals come to town for a playoff game. And Arizona should be happy about playing away from State Farm Stadium. They were 8-1 on the road in the 2021 season, and they finished the slate with five straight home losses.

Share this:

Comment

• I mentioned Jordan Fuller on Sunday. Seemed like the Rams had trouble in the secondary after Fuller went down.
            Like for example, too many instances of S Nick Scott #33 looking bad. Scott has a slightly better PFF grade than Will Harris.

At least the Rams have time to figure it out. Maybe not a big deal.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Crowd noise from 49ers fans caught Rams off guard on Sunday in Los Angeles

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 11, 2022, 5:49 AM EST

Getty Images

The Rams were at home on Sunday against the 49ers, but it didn’t sound like it inside SoFi Stadium.

Rams coach Sean McVay and quarterback Matthew Stafford both said the number of 49ers fans who attended the game — and the loud cheering when the Rams were on offense — surprised them and made it more difficult to call signals as the 49ers pulled of a stunning comeback win to earn a playoff berth.

It did catch us off guard,” McVay said, via ESPN. “Just because of the way that it’s been this year. It’s been great, great atmosphere, great environment. Yesterday was the same thing, but there was a lot of red there. That was definitely a surprise.”

Stafford said the Rams had a hard time getting plays called with the 49ers’ crowd noise advantage.

“It was a tough environment for us to communicate in really the whole second half,” said Stafford.

There appeared to be more 49ers fans than Rams fans in attendance, and even on the Rams’ home field, it was the 49ers who had the crowd noise advantage.
              A lot of those people in attendance weren't true Ram fans. There are so many Ram fans in LA and they can't get tickets because of those people.

Comment

A lot of those people in attendance weren't true Ram fans. There are so many Ram fans in LA and they can't get tickets because of those people.
                Rams fans can't get tickets because they don't want them.
                SF wanted them, badly and probably have been gobbling up every available ticket for that game for at least the last month.
                When your team has a win or go home scenario - you tend to show up.....
                Wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of those "true Rams fans" cashed in pretty good with their ticket sales to SF fans.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It's getting harder to find true LAR fans. A true sign of greatness
                    GIF by Bounce

Comment

• There are a few left in STL.

Comment

• No need for haters in this thread.

Comment

• Stafford and Co should feast on Arizona. They've completely fallen off the map. Not having DeAndre Hopkins is a killer for them
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

No need for haters in this thread.
                            Just Mc Lovin the fan favorite of LA - THE MIGHTY RAIDERS!

Comment

• Such a fan favorite that they skipped town over 20 years ago. This is a forum for an OG LA professional team.

Comment

Such a fan favorite that they skipped town over 20 years ago. This is a forum for an OG LA professional team.
                                Actually, the OG Rams started in Cleveland.
                                Rams have 3 titles, two weren't in LA.
                                Last edited by Fraquar; January 12, 2022, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X