All Things Rams - Stafford Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot_20220118-171210_Chrome.jpg
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Big win on the road to the Super Bowl. We dedictate this win to dwt1, the guy who said Stafford could never win a playoff game. You were wrong.
      Here, here.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Matty iceIce baby
        If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
          Brady needs to be pressured up the middle, which with Donald you have almost the perfect weapon to do so. Brady does not want to roll left or right, he wants a pocket he can make small steps, slides or move up in. And he definitely doesn't want to get hit. TB typically has a good OL to handle that but they are banged up.

On the flip side, TB's front 4 will probably get home on Stafford if they can't run the ball. And ball hawking back seven players like David, White and Winfield could take advantage of that if Stafford makes some of those bad decisions he made down the stretch. Rams need to run somewhat effectively to avoid letting that D pin their ears back.
          I dunno if they necessarily have to "run" the ball (because frankly, expecting this O-Line to be able to maintain a running game is a bit of a fool's errand as we saw in Week 18), but they can't have slow developing plays. They have a lot of players that can do damage in open space; trying to force-feed Michel or Akers into the teeth of a defense isn't going to work if a defense is waiting for it.

Comment

• I admit I am a little sad that Roger Ramjet, who auditioned in front of Hugh Heffner, went to the Moon, TWICE, and scored 8 touchdowns against the Dakota Yeast Infections, can't come here in order to admit that he's a dumbass.

Just for old times sake, in case he's lurking......

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC
            Last edited by dpatnod; January 20, 2022, 04:40 AM.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

I admit I am a little sad that Roger Ramjet, who auditioned in front of Hugh Heffner, went to the Moon, TWICE, and scored 8 touchdowns against the Dakota Yeast Infections, can't come here in order to admit that he's a dumbass.

Just for old times sake, in case he's lurking......

that 70s show lol GIF by IFC
              The comments on that clip could have been written by our He Man Stafford Haters club. What a bunch of morons.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Must admit, if it was possible to care less than not giving an absolute fuck about the Rams & Stafford, thats where i’d personally be……. But that guy delivered that speech fucking BEA-utifully. The fingers at the end was cherry on cake stuff. 🖕🖕

👏👏👏
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Most of those commenters are not true Ram fans. I would.not invite those people to a Rams watch party.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Most of those commenters are not true Ram fans. I would.not invite those people to a Rams watch party.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I dunno if they necessarily have to "run" the ball (because frankly, expecting this O-Line to be able to maintain a running game is a bit of a fool's errand as we saw in Week 18), but they can't have slow developing plays. They have a lot of players that can do damage in open space; trying to force-feed Michel or Akers into the teeth of a defense isn't going to work if a defense is waiting for it.
                      I think with Akers back and looking good they can be more effective. Agreed they shouldn't (and likely can't) go out and run it down anybody's throat. But they need to at least convert some decent runs to keep TB honest and prevent that d-line from pinning it's ears back.

The problem with the short passing game is that McVay hasn't shown an interest in maintaining that. OBJ and Van aren't really those type of players, much better at the downfield plays. And neither of their backs are receiving threats. So it's basically Kupp and Higbee. Tampa also presents a unique challenge because of what David and White can do to that short passing game with their speed. This is a game where Woods would be especially valuable because of the pressure he can put on the underneath coverage with his route running

Comment

• I’d prefer to have a better pick but seeing Stafford win one would be awesome.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post

Rams will have to get to Brady early and often if they wish to have a chance. Brady rattles easily with pressure but he also is fantastic at getting the ball out on blitzes and getting his backs to pick them up. You really need to be able to get to him without blitzing which is obviously quite difficult even with very good edge guys. Hence why he rarely sees enough pressure to get rattled. If Wirfs can't go or is hampered that's a potentially huge deal.
                          The team that runs it better and stops the run will win

This game will be "given" to Brady or Stafford, but the lines is where it will be won. TB has some injuries there but they also have a better run stopping D. The Rams D (as even Detroit with Decker and Ragnow out, moved the ball on the ground against the Rams) is more geared to stopping the pass.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post

I think with Akers back and looking good they can be more effective. Agreed they shouldn't (and likely can't) go out and run it down anybody's throat. But they need to at least convert some decent runs to keep TB honest and prevent that d-line from pinning it's ears back.

The problem with the short passing game is that McVay hasn't shown an interest in maintaining that. OBJ and Van aren't really those type of players, much better at the downfield plays. And neither of their backs are receiving threats. So it's basically Kupp and Higbee. Tampa also presents a unique challenge because of what David and White can do to that short passing game with their speed. This is a game where Woods would be especially valuable because of the pressure he can put on the underneath coverage with his route running
                            If they're dropping back 50 times (either team) they're losing. Especially MS.

Who runs, wins.

I'd wager anyone on this.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Brady doesn't need TB to run the ball. It makes it easier for sure, but they just need to protect him. Give him time and he picks everybody apart.

Comment

• IDK if teams are successful against that D without that. If they don't wear down that D, a little, and they can just pin their ears back, IDK if Brady will have enough time to find that open guy,

Comment

Working...
                                X