Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• froot loops
    replied
    I was not that impressed with McVay as a play caller, I think that he is àbout on par with Caldwell in that department. The big difference between McVay and Caldwell always looked like he was trying to imitate a stone statue on the sidelines whereas McVay knows where the camera is at all times. TV coverage loves when a coach is very active on the sidelines.

Holistically McVay gets that you need as much talent as possible. Football is mainly about accumulating as much talent as possible and lining up.

Leave a comment:

• jaadam4
    replied
    Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    I maintain McVay is an entirely replacement level coach who the Rams won in spite of more than anything else.
    I'm not a huge fan of him either but you can't argue with his body of work. Jeff Fischer was terrible who was a replacement level coach that kept getting lucky with players. McVay has to get some kind of recognition.

Leave a comment:

• chemiclord
    replied
    I maintain McVay is an entirely replacement level coach who the Rams won in spite of more than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Topweasel
    replied
    Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    The underrated part of the Rams success is they have a lot of homegrown players on the roster even after saying Fuck Dem Picks.
    Also while people want to poke holes in Mcvay's armor after a couple of years after the SB kind of sliding back, he got them competitive and into the SB like a year after taking over a team that couldn't win a single game with their QB. He knows how to coach. I am guessing they only will tank a season at most before they are competitive again.

Leave a comment:

• froot loops
    replied
    The underrated part of the Rams success is they have a lot of homegrown players on the roster even after saying Fuck Dem Picks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X