Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME WEEK THREAD - 49ers @ Lions - The rebuild starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m actually looking forward to football this season. It’s going to be a good year.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitRockCity View Post
      I 💖NFL gamepass. It keeps getting better each year. If it weren't for gamepass I'd probably see the Lions play once or twice per season when they have prime time games. And... I have the day off work! It's a Monday here.
      There's an AP for that: XCIPTV PLAYER - Apps on Google Play

Stream any live event. Most channels worldwide.

And, Your welcome.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

I tried the 7 day free trial for NFL GamePass during the preseason and it was good. If only that carried over for live regular season games…

If anyone has DirecTV, you should get the first week for free. Annual week 1 free trial. Lions are on ESPN (MNF) for week 2.
        Two weeks before you would have to decide on purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket.
        2021 AAL - Jamaal Williams
        2022 Detroit Lions Kicker - Cade York (Fade for Cade!)

Comment

D’Andre Swift, T.J. Hockenson full participants in Wednesday practice

Posted by Myles Simmons on September 8, 2021, 4:42 PM EDT

Getty Images

There is good news on the injury front for the Lions as they prepare to take on the 49ers in Week One.

After head coach Dan Campbell said he expected D'Andre Swift (groin) to be ready to go for Sunday, the running back was a full participant in Wednesday’s practice. Tight end T.J. Hockenson (shoulder) was a full participant as well.

Swift had missed significant time with the groin injury. Campbell at one point mentioned that he was concerned about Swift’s ability to get into football shape in time for the opener.

But apparently, that is no longer an issue.

Campbell also mentioned on Tuesday that defensive lineman Michael Brockers (shoulder) should be ready for Week One. He was a limited participant on Wednesday.

Offensive tackle Taylor Decker (finger), defensive end Levi Onwuzurike (hip), cornerback A.J. Parker (shoulder), and defensive end Nck Williams (elbow) were also limited.

Last edited by Futureshock; September 9, 2021, 09:18 AM.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

If I were a betting man, I would bet they sit Lance (hand/wrist). Feeling as though they won't need him to beat the lowly Lions. That their az! GO LIONS!!!

Jimmy Garoppolo on starting: I’ve always known where I stood, now it’s official

Posted by Josh Alper on September 8, 2021, 4:26 PM EDT

Getty Images

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan’s resistance to officially naming Jimmy Garoppolo the team’s starting quarterback for Week One extended through his Wednesday press conference when he said he felt he “already answered” the question at his first press conference of training camp.

The implication at that point was that Garoppolo would start over first-round pick Trey Lance against the Lions and Garoppolo confirmed that when he had his own press conference — the one traditionally reserved for the No. 1 quarterback — after Shanahan. Garoppolo was asked when he knew he would be starting the first game of the year.

“For awhile. I told you guys a long time ago I had a pretty good feeling about it, kinda joked about it. I’ve always known where I’ve stood. Now it’s official, I guess,” Garoppolo said.

Garoppolo, who was also named a team captain on Wednesday, and Lance split first-team work in the final preseason game and there have been hints Lance will continue to have a role in the regular season, but he’ll need medical clearance before he can be a factor in Week One.

Comment

49ers “not sure yet” about Trey Lance for Week One

Posted by Josh Alper on September 8, 2021, 4:01 PM EDT

Getty Images

The signs that Jimmy Garoppolo will start at quarterback for the 49ers continue to mount and that’s been the expected course of action for some time.

A more uncertain part of the plan is how much the team will use Trey Lance before he is elevated to the top of the depth chart. We got a taste of how things could look in the preseason finale, but Lance chipped a bone in his finger in that game and the injury clouds his availability.

On Wednesday, 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said that Lance would be limited in practice and that the team is “not sure yet” about whether he will be in uniform against the Lions.

Lance is set to throw passes and take snaps, which would both seem to be things he’ll have to be able to do without any discomfort or snags in order to have any role this weekend.

Comment

Jared Goff's familiarity with 49ers an asset for Lions in season opener

Comment

Lions have full practice participation, but five players

Comment

GO LIONS! FK SF! Good luck all!

Comment

Playing for the Los Angeles Rams, the 49ers' NFC West rival, the first five years of his career, Goff has previously battled against Sunday's opponent eight times. He's thrown more touchdown passes (14) against them than any other team, but also more interceptions (six), while posting a below-average completion percentage (59.8%) and a losing record (3-5).
                      IDK if the familiarity thing is in our favor here

Comment

I hope Cory does for them what he did for our DBs

SF DBs coach Cory Undlin

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          I’m actually looking forward to football this season. It’s going to be a "good year."
                          I agree......., everyone "tired" by three quarter time v SF.

"I've driven women to lesbianism before but never a mental institution."

George Costanza

Comment

Nick Bosa: I’m fully confident to play as many snaps as I need to

Posted by Myles Simmons on September 10, 2021, 9:01 AM EDT

Getty Images

Though 49ers defensive lineman Nick Bosa is coming off a torn ACL, he won’t have any restrictions for Sunday’s season opener against the Lions.

Head coach Kyle Shanahan said last week that he expected to see “a lot” of Bosa in Week One. The player himself said on Thursday that should be the case.

“There’s really no pitch count for me,” Bosa said, via Taylor Wirth of NBCSportsBayArea.com. “I’m just going to go whenever [defensive line coach] Kris [Kocurek] tells me. I’m fully confident to play as many snaps as I need to.”

Bosa tore his ACL in Week Two of last season when the 49ers beat the Jets. After winning defensive rookie of the year in 2019, Bosa didn’t have much time to show how he’d improved for Year Two. But now he says there’s even more in his toolbox for 2021.

“A lot of the stuff I was going to add to my game last year, obviously I wasn’t able to,” Bosa said. “I think it’ll be a good year.”

Bosa recorded 9.0 sacks, 16 tackles for loss, 25 quarterback hits, a forced fumble, and an interception as a rookie. He played only 68 defensive snaps before suffering the injury last year, but picked up six total tackles, a forced fumble, and a QB hit.

Comment

Trey Lance sheds splint but still limited in practice

Posted by Charean Williams on September 9, 2021, 6:46 PM EDT

Getty Images

Trey Lance did not wear a splint on his injured finger while throwing during the portion of practice open to the media. The 49ers, though, still listed the rookie quarterback as limited in Thursday’s workout.

He’s still limited,” offensive coordinator Mike McDaniel said, via Kirk Larrabee of 49erswebzone.com. “He looked good, but we’re very hesitant to get ahead of ourselves. . . . You just have to let the week progress and see how it plays out. He looked good throwing the ball today and moving around. What does that mean for Sunday? We still have a practice to go before that. Hopefully there’s no setbacks and we’ll move from there.”

Lance has a small fracture in a finger on his throwing hand after connecting with the helmet of Raiders linebacker Max Richardson during the team’s final preseason game Aug. 29.

Jimmy Garoppolo will start at quarterback for the 49ers, but the team is expected to find a role for Lance this season. The Lions are preparing to see both quarterbacks Sunday.

Receiver Jalen Hurd (knee) and cornerback Emmanuel Moseley (knee) did not practice, while defensive tackles Kevin Givens (hip) and Javon Kinlaw (knee) returned on a limited basis after sitting out Wednesday.

The other players on the team’s injury report, including receiver Brandon Aiyuk (hamstring), defensive end Nick Bosa (knee) and defensive end Dee Ford (back), were full participants.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Lions 24
                                49ers 23
                                Lions +7.5

Last second Seibert FG for the win. Hockenson has a big game and the Lions get a couple lucky turnovers go their way. This will be one of the few wins this season... when nobody expects it.
                                Sorry, but without Decker, this prediction has to change.

49ers 27
                                Lions 16
                                49ers -7.5

Pass protection could be awful at OT. No pass protection off the edge = Goff in trouble. Offense shatters unless the run game is effective.
                                Decker is the most valuable player on this team in 2021.
                                Big point swing in the prediction. 🤣 But hey, Decker is so damn important to this offense.
                                2021 AAL - Jamaal Williams
                                2022 Detroit Lions Kicker - Cade York (Fade for Cade!)

Comment

Working...
                                X