Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME WEEK THREAD - 49ers @ Lions - The rebuild starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME WEEK THREAD - 49ers @ Lions - The rebuild starts here!

It’s been too long since we had one of these.

Wrestling with the fact that I wanted a rebuild but for the first time in a long time having no realistic chance of even flirting with meaningful football in December before the season starts.

How does Goff look? Can we run the ball? Is this really the worst WR room in NFL history? Is it Jimmy G or Trey Lance? Can we finally generate some pressure and can the rookies ball out?

Either way it will be the first time Ford Field is full in god knows how long. Let’s hope it’s a cauldron!

Thanks for starting the thread. I don't know what to think about this team yet but the college games from this weekend got me amped up for the football season. Go Lions!!
    Dogs rule.

Comment

If Swift doesn’t play , this team may get shut out. If he plays, I see SF 35, Lions 14

Comment

The WRs might be better than the RB without Swift
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Man you guys are making it sound like San Fran is a juggernaut. Lions are going to f up their draft position and win 27 - 13
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I can't predict anything. The main thing I got from the pre-season is that we can't depend on our backup QB's for a win. Go Lions!

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              Thanks for starting the thread. I don't know what to think about this team yet but the college games from this weekend got me amped up for the football season. Go Lions!!
              Yeah the atmospheres looked absolutely wild. I bet the MCDC effect will have Ford Field amped up as long as we can hang with them.

Is anyone going?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

Yeah the atmospheres looked absolutely wild. I bet the MCDC effect will have Ford Field amped up as long as we can hang with them.

Is anyone going?
                If this team is a hit and plays hard, MCDC will be an all time fan favorite. This dude is a walking talking Detroit soundbite. He’s built for Detroit
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  Man you guys are making it sound like San Fran is a juggernaut. Lions are going to f up their draft position and win 27 - 13
                  It's less that San Fran is that good and more that Detroit is going to be that BAD. Make no mistake, the Lions are a VERY bad team right now that's disastrously low in talent. They'll hang close for the first half, but once the adrenaline rush wears off, the significantly superior talent level of the Niners will turn this one into a laugher. San Fran 31- Detroit 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                    If Swift doesn’t play , this team may get shut out. If he plays, I see SF 35, Lions 14
                    Dan Campbell: D’Andre Swift, Michael Brockers will be ready to go in Week One

Posted by Myles Simmons on September 7, 2021, 11:08 AM EDT

Getty Images

There’s some good news on the injury front for the Lions as they enter the season.

Via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, head coach Dan Campbell said in an interview with 97.1 The Ticket on Tuesday morning that running back D'Andre Swift and defensive lineman Michael Brockers will be ready to go in Week One.

There had been some concern about Swift’s status, as the running back has been dealing with a groin injury throughout training camp. Campbell said late last month that he was concerned about Swift’s ability to get into football shape by the time the season started.

Brockers had been out with an undisclosed injury, but is working his way back into practice. Campbell said last week that the Lions don’t want to overwork Brockers too soon because he’s played a lot of football in his career.

Entering his second season, Swift rushed for 521 yards with eight touchdowns and caught 46 passes for 357 yards with two TDs as a rookie. The Lions acquired Brockers via an offseason trade after he recorded 5.0 sacks with five tackles for loss and 10 QB hits for the Rams last year.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

They experimented a lot with using Lance as a Wildcat+ QB in the pre-season. Deadly

Another sign pointing to Jimmy Garoppolo starting at QB for 49ers

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on September 6, 2021, 11:44 PM EDT

Getty Images

San Francisco 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan is still not officially naming a starting quarterback for this Sunday’s season opener against the Detroit Lions.

However, all the unofficial signs continue to point brightly in the direction of Jimmy Garoppolo.

Via Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area, Garoppolo is set to speak with reporters on Wednesday after Shanahan, which is the time slot reserved for the week’s starting quarterback. Trey Lance isn’t scheduled to speak this week.

Shanahan joked last week that he didn’t need to announce anything.

I don’t need to announce the quarterback, I don’t think I need to announce the starting punt returner, either, but I bet you guys can figure it out,” Shanahan said.

If there truly was a decision to be made between Garoppolo and Lance for the starting job at the end of training camp, that decision was almost certainly shelved when Lance sustained a “chip” in his finger that has kept him from throwing for the last week. However, the 49ers have said nothing to indicate anyone other than Garoppolo would be their starter for the beginning of the regular season.

Shanahan may be sitting on an announcement of the starter a little bit longer. But an announcement sure doesn’t seem necessary to know who will be under center in Detroit.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Trey Lance doesn’t throw Monday, Brandon Aiyuk back at practice

Posted by Josh Alper on September 6, 2021, 2:43 PM EDT

Getty Images

49ers wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk took a step toward playing in Week One on Monday while quarterback Trey Lance‘s status remains unclear.

Aiyuk took part in practice with the team for the first time in more than a week. Aiyuk has been dealing with a hamstring injury, but his return to action on Monday will likely put him on track to play against the Lions on Sunday.

Lance made some progress in his return from a fractured finger on his throwing hand as he’s no longer wearing a splint to protect the injury. Reporters at practice noted that he gripped the ball, but was not throwing during the session.

Wide receiver Jalen Hurd, defensive tackle Kevin Givens, and cornerback Emmanuel Moseley were not working for the 49ers. The team will issue its first injury report of the season on Wednesday.

Comment

49ers release Dontae Johnson

Posted by Myles Simmons on September 6, 2021, 1:54 PM EDT

Getty Images

The 49ers have announced the previously reported signing of Josh Norman and announced the team’s corresponding roster move.

San Francisco has released veteran cornerback Dontae Johnson.

Johnson appeared in 14 games for San Francisco last year with three starts. he recorded three passes defensed and a sack while playing 26 percent of defensive snaps and 56 percent of special teams snaps.

Johnson spent his first four seasons with the 49ers before short stints with the Seahawks, Bills, Cardinals, Chiefs, and Chargers.

With Norman in tow, San Francisco now also has Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, K'Waun Williams, Deommodore Lenoir, and Ambry Thomas at the position.

Comment

I'm going to subscribe NFL Game Pass to see the 17 Lions games of the regular season and probably the Super Bowl (maybe Matthew Stafford if the Rams reach the playoffs).

Expectations!? None!! But I do miss Football and following the Lions closely. When I picked them in 2009 for being my NFL team, it was for life...

Glad to be back!

Comment

Niners fans declared a Meme war on /R/DetroitLions. Don’t declare a meme war on Lions fans 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
                              951 votes, 136 comments. 107k members in the detroitlions community. The official subreddit for Detroit Lions football. [NFL, National Football …

Comment

Working...
                              X