R.I.P. Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Cat

Long time forum member Bill "The Cat" Catalano has passed.

​​​​​​In loving memory of Catalano William (Bill) Joseph. March 19, 1945 – November 25, 2021 who passed away peacefully in his home surrounded by his family.
    Born and raised in London, Ontario, Bill grew into a career broadcaster working in such areas as North Carolina, The Bahamas and Florida. Bill arrived in Sudbury in 1971 to work at CKSO Radio and Television as program manager and the first play by play announcer for the Sudbury Wolves, covering the team for the 1972-73 and 1973-74 seasons. From there, Bill moved up the street to the CBC Television news affiliate where he served as CKNC news director for four years before leaving to take on the role as the first senior director for CBC Radio news when it opened its doors in Sudbury in 1978. The Sudbury news went on to being voted on by its peers as the top regional newsroom in the country. During his time at CBC, he taught journalism at Cambrian College for two years.
    After meeting the love of his life and having three children together, they moved down to North Carolina to raise their family. Bill described those years as some of the best of his life.
    Bill was known to be a quiet man who spoke so eloquently. Every word had to be smooth, clear, Interesting, and immensely powerful. A thoughtful and influential speaker that could make an entire room go quiet, and for good reason! He only said what others needed to hear.
    Bill is survived by his beloved wife Paulette (nee Dubie), son, James Catalano (Tracy), daughters Anne Marie Catalano (Johny) and Andrea Bazinet (Kevin), as well as his dearest grandchildren who called him Papa. He also leaves behind his loving sister, Helen Claire Catalano, and many of his cousins, nieces and nephews throughout Canada and the U.S. Predeceased by his parents, Richard (Mariano) Catalano and Nora Frances Catalano (Haines), brother, Richard (Dick), and sisters Elaine Bogle and Francis-Norine.
    Friends and family are invited to join us for a celebration of life which will be announced at a later date. The family asks those who wish to express sympathy to consider making a donation to the MS society.

260374546_4152800711486257_5261919530294826883_n.jpg
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

I remember Bill. He didn't post much in recent years did he? Or maybe he did post some and I just missed his posts. Rest in peace, Bill.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

I’ll tip one out to our fellow Lions brother. He was a good dude
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Dammit. He was truly a great guy. I'm so sad to hear this, although his health had been declining for some time now I believe. Seems like he said something about five years ago about his COPD was really taking its toll.

The last Forum Game I attended (when was that? 2016 or 2017 I'm guessing), he had made the trip over with some friends and it was just hotter than crap that day. They took a golf cart from the tailgating spot to the stadium but he still wound up having a health issue that day and said he missed much of the game. :(

He was very kind and very generous and was always trying to find ways to support the Forum and get others to support it as well. He came up with several fund-raising ideas over the years that kept the Forum going.

I'm thinking there is a pretty great group of guys tailgating in Heaven these days.

Rest in Peace, Bill. 💔
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          Long time forum member Bill "The Cat" Catalano has passed.

260374546_4152800711486257_5261919530294826883_n.jpg
          Thanks for sharing, CG. I'm going to make this thread sticky for a week or so to ensure everyone sees it.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

RIP Bill, a classy guy. Thanks for putting a sticky on it Deborah.

Comment

RIP. Sad. Thanks for posting.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Sad. RIP Cat
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Pass on to the next big game with all the class you have us.

So long for now friend
                  Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Just saw this on facebook. Thanks for posting, CG.

Bill was a loyal Lions fan and loved most everything about Detroit and it's sports teams.

A good spirit has been snuffed and the world will be a bit worse off for it.

RIP Bill, your friendship will always be cherished.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

You said it Marko RIP Cat

Comment

Cat always struck me as a really good, level-headed guy. That’s not an easy thing to be when you’re a fan of this team. Peace, strength, and love to Cat and his family.

Comment

RIP.

Comment

He was a good guy

Comment

RIP Cat

Dude was alright.

This has been a really bad time

I lost a member of my church family (young man that died of COVID in Ypsy) he was 24 and was vaccinated.
                              I lost a member of my personal family, my nephew Marty.
                              I lost a member of my work family friday, Big Art was a cool dude.
                              And now a member of my Forum family. Again RIP Cat
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X