Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions News

Starting a new thread for the Lions News since we have thousands of responses in the previous thread. I will copy over the last few posts.
    #birdsarentreal

F'er

“Why Your Team Sucks.”
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Lions RB Greg Bell reverts to IR list; C.J. Moore off NFI

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Who will be the Lions starting linebackers at the end of 2022?

There are plenty of training camp battles heating up right now, with linebacker being one of the competitions to keep an eye on.

By Morgan Cannon

By the end of the 2022 season, who will end up being the Lions’ second linebacker?

My answer: I don’t think it happens right away, but I believe Rodriguez ends up being the starter opposite Anzalone.

Yes, he is undersized — but the instincts and natural feel for the position are undeniable. The wrestling background doesn’t hurt his cause either, because at the end of the day, sometimes being a linebacker is as simple as being able to get a running back on the ground. The other nuances of the position should come with time, but being a sure tackler is a strong start.

Comment

Our linebacking corps will consist of a tackling dummy, a ragdoll, a blocking sled, and a pair of shoulder pads.
          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            I got bored with it about halfway through.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

The best part of that article is the emails on why the team sucks. If you stopped halfway through you didn't see the best part of the article. Every year the Lion fans have the best emails.

Comment

Yeah, Margary himself is mailing these in (which really isn't surprising, he does 32 of these every year for roughly the last decade). The reader comments are where the fire is found.

Like for example, I can guarantee you just about every Lions fan has had a thought similar to this flit through their heads at least once this offseason:

Brian:
                I have an actual shred of hope for a somewhat entertaining and improved team this season. This now means that Dan Campbell will be caught on a hot mic saying the N word and that DeAndre Swift will get crushed by a lighting rig.

Comment

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  Yeah, Margary himself is mailing these in (which really isn't surprising, he does 32 of these every year for roughly the last decade). The reader comments are where the fire is found.

Like for example, I can guarantee you just about every Lions fan has had a thought similar to this flit through their heads at least once this offseason:

[/INDENT]
                  I have an actual shred of hope for a somewhat entertaining and improved team this season. This now means that Dan Campbell will be caught on a hot mic saying the N word and that DeAndre Swift will get crushed by a lighting rig.
                  Or they'll trade Stafford or something.
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    The best part of that article is the emails on why the team sucks. If you stopped halfway through you didn't see the best part of the article. Every year the Lion fans have the best emails.
                    Joseph:
                    The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have won the Lions’ division more recently than the Lions have.
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

Or they'll trade Stafford or something.
                      Too soon
                      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

[/INDENT]
                        Ewwwww

Joseph:
                        The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have won the Lions’ division more recently than the Lions have.
                        Holy double post Batman

Comment

Did anyone go to the scrimmage? If so, did anything stand out?

Couldn't go this year because I had a 40 class reunion last weekend

Comment

VIDEO: Dan Campbell rips another Ford Field promo speech

Dan Campbell grabbed the mic and gave another emotional speech to the Ford Field crowd at training camp.

Comment

6 standouts from Lions training camp scrimmage at Ford Field

The Lions took training camp to Ford Field, and these six players stood out in their annual scrimmage.

... Austin Bryant

Bryant continues to be a disruptive menace on defense. I had Bryant down for a tackle for loss, a sack, and at least one more pressure. Many of his plays came against the first-team offense, too. With Julian Okwara, Romeo Okwara, and Josh Paschal all missing time right now, no one is taking more advantage than Bryant.
                              Aidan Hutchinson

Hutchinson didn’t have a monster day but I had two notes that show exactly what the Lions thought they were getting in their second overall pick.

On the first, the Lions ran a screen and Hutchinson got upfield so quickly, that he nearly stopped the play in its tracks. Eventually, he recognized the screen and was able to hustle downfield and make the tackle on the running back well before the first down.

Then, during the first-team two-minute drill, Hutchinson knifed into the backfield, causing an off-target throw from Goff. He should be a huge weapon for the Lions during end-of-half defensive drives.
                              Eric Banks

The biggest surprise performance of the day came from Banks—a midseason addition from last year. Banks, too, is seeing an increase in playing time due to injuries of his teammates, and on Saturday he was everywhere. He met Jermar Jefferson in the backfield for a 5-yard loss. He both forced an incompletion and drew a holding penalty on Penei Sewell later in practice. And he had an outright sack against the first-team offense.

This was a breakout performance from Banks, and if he can continue this momentum into the next week of practice and throughout the preseason, there could be a spot on the practice squad (or more) for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X