Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

The Schwartz era never had the same momentum or feel. Schwartz never had the success with the draft that Campbell/Quinn had. Not to mention that Schwartz had the Mayhew stink all over him. Very few believed in Mayhew as a protege of Millen. Lions had a good run one year with Schwartz and because of the playoff birth people were excited that one year but that was it.

It doesn't piss me off. You are just wrong. Waiting for actual results before you acknowledge the Lions to win the Superbowl before you acknowledge anything has no bearing on anything. You can sit here and cry all you want. I'm excited. I'm happy with this team. Happier than I've been since the 90s. I think you are the one pissed off pal. Be mad all you want. Complain all year. I'm going to enjoy my Lions team.
    Campbell who?
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      You guys should head to the argument thread
      They should not!
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Did they IR Harris for a paper cut to get Houston on the roster?
        The Detroit Lions made a move at edge rusher, signing rookie James Houston to the active roster and placing Charle sHarris on injured reserve.
        "Well, that wasn't pretty, but it was beautiful,'' Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.
        After Lions 7-3 win over GB

Comment

• Houston was better in a handful of snaps than harris has been all year.

Comment

• That sucks, Harris was awesome last year. Hopefully Okwara will be back in a few weeks as well.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Replacing one Ford with another doesn't count as new ownership.
              Sins of the father and all that. Sheila has so far looked to be far more competent than her father. Granted that is an incredibly low bar, but she is not the same person.

Comment

• Pro Bowl voting update: Detroit Lions have 6 players voted in top 10 at their position

Frank Ragnow — Currently fourth among centers

Despite dealing with a painful toe injury all season, Ragnow is continuing his quiet dominance at center. He’s currently sporting a 78.1 PFF grade, good for fourth in the NFL. He’s allowed just a single sack all season and his 80.4 run blocking grade ranks fifth.

Aidan Hutchison — Currently sixth among defensive ends

Hutchinson has been a play-making machine for the Lions in his rookie season. The second overall pick may only have 5.5 sacks (t-34th in the NFL), but he leads all NFL defensive linemen with two interceptions. He has a 69.8 PFF grade on the season, which ranks 45th among edge defenders, but that is first among rookies with at least 200 defensive snaps this season. Additionally, in Week 12, he was also the NFC Defensive Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week.

DeShon Elliott — Currently seventh among strong safeties

Perhaps the biggest surprise on this list, Elliott has brought some stability to the safety position after Detroit struggled initially when Tracy Walker was lost for the season with an Achilles injury. Elliott doesn’t have any gaudy stats—he’s got just two passes defended and an interception—but his physical nature has helped the Lions in the run game and his 73 tackles rank ninth among defensive backs.

Kerby Joseph — Currently eight among free safeties

Another rookie standout who won NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his two-interception performance against the Packers. Joseph ranks t-eighth in the NFL in interceptions (3) and is also t-eighth in forced fumbles (2). His 69.5 PFF rating is third amongst rookie safeties, only behind 14th-overall pick Kyle Hamilton (86.9) and second-round pick Jaquan Brisker (69.9).

Penei Sewell — Currently ninth among offensive tackles

Pro Bowl voting doesn’t distinguish between left and right tackle, so while this ranking may seem disrespectful to the season Sewell is having, it’s worth noting he’s being compared to every other left and right tackle.

Sewell currently ranks 10th in PFF grade (79.6) among all offensive tackles, but ranks fifth among right tackles. While Sewell came into the league a much better run blocker than pass blocker, he’s taken big strides in his sophomore season as a quarterback protector. His PFF “Pass Blocking Efficiency percentage of 96.6 ranks 10th among tackles.

Amon-Ra St. Brown — Currently 10th among wide receivers

The receiver position is among the most competitive in the league, but this still feels a little low for St. Brown. He currently ranks third among receivers in PFF grade (89.8), trailing only Stefon Diggs (90.1) and Tyreek Hill (92.1). St. Brown is a weapon the Lions don’t only use as a receiver, but as an essential blocker in the run game.

Injuries have limited St. Brown’s overall production, but even after missing (essentially) two games this year, the second-year receiver ranks ninth in receptions (65) and 15th in yards (716).

Pro Bowl voting is still ongoing. You can vote for your favorite Lions right here until December 15. Additionally, starting on December 1, you can vote for the Pro Bowl via Twitter by tweeting the first and last name of a player, along with the hashtag #ProBowlVote.

Ultimately, Pro Bowl players will be decided by three sets of voters: fans, players, and coaches—with each accounting for one-third of the influence.

Comment

• That’s way low for St Brown. Terrible
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ra's ranks among WRs:
                    - 9th in receptions
                    - 6th in YAC
                    - 15th in total yards and yards per game
                    - Tied for 16th in receiving TDs
                    - 12th in first downs
                    - Outside the top 40 on yards per reception

Solid across the board, but not exactly screaming lock pro-bowler to those who don't watch him week in and week out. He's a really good player having a good season, but he's also on a 4-7 team and behind stars like Hill, Adams, Diggs, Jefferson, Lamb in the pecking order and other young studs like Waddle and AJ Brown are having more visible seasons.
                    Last edited by Mainevent; November 29, 2022, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Sounding like no Jameson Williams vs Jacksonville.

Comment

• Well aren't you the barrel full of sunshine

Comment

• Maybe chemi was right
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The only thing I am "right" about is that any improvements aren't really showing up in the win column. The operative word that follows is "yet."

Everything else between Kreton and is largely opinion. He thinks the Lions are on the right track. I don't particularly care if they think they are. Every single GM, coach, whatever, has walked into Allen Park believing they know the formula to bring the Lions to at least a playoff win or two. I'm merely done hoping any of them have figured it out. They'll prove it one way or another in time.

Comment

• Shit.. maybe not
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well looky there, a little bit of show me don't tell me.

NFL Week 13 power rankings: Lions ‘show they can hang with just about any team in the league’

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/platf...-in-the-league

Comment

Working...
                                X