No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• “He’s fast… He’s very fast. He’s very, very fast.”​

-Jared Goff (Re: Jamison Williams)

Comment

• We have seen what guys like Waddle, Chase, and Hill can do....If JaMo is on that level, it will be fun....Let's just hope Goff can get the ball to him.

Comment

• I don't think Tua has a stronger arm then Jeff. Most in the NFL are slants that just need to be timely.

One thing. I have looked at video of Goff (even with the Rams) and when he is moving the chains and such, his receivers make a concerted effort to come back for the ball. Even of it is just slightly. I get it. Less chance for it to be picked off that way.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Notes: How are the top two picks in the 2022 NFL draft currently performing?

Drafted first and second overall, respectively, Travon Walker and Aidan Hutchinson have had immense pressure placed on them.

By Morgan Cannon
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Comment

• Breaking down the replacement guards, Dan Skipper and Kayode Awosika, in Week 12

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    Aidan Hutchinson nabs defensive rookie of the month for November

Posted by Josh Alper on December 1, 2022, 9:03 AM EST

Getty Images

Aidan Hutchinson‘s pass coverage skills were not mentioned often when discussing the reasons why the Lions made him the second overall pick of this year’s draft, but they helped the team to a pair of wins in November.

Hutchinson picked off Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in the end zone to kill a scoring chance during the Lions’ 15-9 win over their divisional rivals. He then dropped into coverage to snag a pass by Giants quarterback Daniel Jones to set up a touchdown in Detroit’s 31-18 win in Week 11.

Hutchinson also had a sack in the team’s Week 10 win over the Bears. He also had 13 tackles and a fumble recovery as the Lions went 3-1 last month.

All of that led the NFL to name Hutchinson the league’s defensive rookie of the month for November. A similar December would make Hutchinson a strong contender for defensive rookie of the year once the season is over.
                    Showing us, not telling us.
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I am glad the Lions gave my AaL a chance finally...he still only got 5-6 snaps and had 2 sacks and a fumble recovery....I dont care about size ineffeciences I like his speed and he plays hard.....With all thse running QBs now you need guys that can move

Comment

• Jameson Williams says he is “somewhere close” to full speed

Posted by Charean Williams on December 1, 2022, 6:51 PM EST

Getty Images

The Lions drafted receiver Jameson Williams knowing it would take some time for him to make his rookie debut. He’s almost there.

Williams has rehabbed for nearly 11 months after tearing an anterior cruciate ligament in the national championship game.

Lions quarterback Jared Goff said Thursday that Williams is “very, very fast.”

Williams agreed, though, he said he’s not up to full speed yet.

Somewhere close to it,” Williams told Kyle Meinke of MLive after practice. “I’m running real fast right now. I feel real fast. Feeling good.”

Since Williams has practiced only twice in 11 months, he is unlikely to play this week. But Williams isn’t far away from being back to full speed and back in the lineup.

“I wouldn’t say I feel rusty,” Williams said. “I’m getting back on my feet. I’ve been running around for a minute now, so it’s just I’m back out with the team. I wouldn’t say I feel rusty.”

He still has some hurdles to clear, but there are fewer of them now.

Comment

• 10 days until he has to be on the active roster or be IR'd for the season

Comment

• St should have a talk with him. Compare lists

Aidan Hutchinson ready to face the team that passed on him on Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 1, 2022, 3:39 PM EST

Getty Images

For much of the run-up to the 2022 NFL draft, Aidan Hutchinson was expected to go first overall to the Jaguars. But Jacksonville decided to take Travon Walker first overall instead, leaving Hutchinson to the Lions with the second pick.

Now Hutchinson is looking forward to showing the Jaguars what they missed out on.

The Lions and Jaguars face off on Sunday, and Hutchinson said today that he’ll be thinking about it. Hutchinson expected to be the first overall pick and was surprised when he learned the Jaguars were taking Walker instead.

Hutchinson told Kyle Meinke of MLive.com that he heard the talk that the Jaguars liked Walker better because Walker’s arms measured three inches longer at the Combine.
                            @kmeinke

“Guess my arms were not quite long enough,” Hutchinson said. “We’ll see if that inch or couple of inches was the difference.”

Comment

• I don't get it. I just don't. Walker is ok if there's no one else there, but Hutch is sitting right there. And I'd prefer KT over him too. I just get a kick out of these GM/Coaches that pish on the guy having an actual skill vs all the measurables. The history of the NFL is littered with HOF players that had guys selected ahead of them based on measurables. The guy (Walker) never puts a single move on tape and honestly still struggles with getting off blocks. IF they want him to be an OLB and situational blitzer, I can see that. But for what he was put forth as? He isn't. Not right now. Both those dudes are way ahead of him.

Comment

• A lot of GMs love to lean on, "You can't teach size (or speed or whatever)," and a lot of coaches have the arrogance to believe they can "coach up" anyone.

At that point, teams wind up working themselves into a shoot, and they fall victim to valuing measurables over anything else, overrating workout warriors over actual players. But by the time a player is in their 20s, if they still don't have any reliable and consistent technique, there's a reason for that. That reason is usually because they are awful students of the game that struggle with actually learning said game, and if they haven't figured out how to learn by the point they're drafted to the highest level of competition, chances are even the greatest coach isn't going to be able to unlock that puzzle.

Now, Walker wasn't that much of an unshaped block of clay... but he definitely needs to learn a lot, and he's going to have a hard time doing it at a level where you're expected to have a certain level of knowledge and technique before you even step onto the practice field.

Comment

Working...
                                X