Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
    10 days until he has to be on the active roster or be IR'd for the season
    Im pretty sure he's going to be added. But who do we lose? Someone is off the team (drop back to PS) and someone is out of the WR mix.

We have Chark, Kennedy, Raymond, Reynolds, St. Brown active. I know they are very likely to keep 6 active given the group is banged up but at a minimum someone is not seeing the field. St. Brown is top tier and going nowhere. Raymond and Reynolds are likely in the mix.

Real question here is does Jameson push Kennedy or Chark down the chart to obscurity. IMO I hope it is Chark. Honestly at this point I wouldn't care if they flat out cut him when Williams is ready. I don't see any point in keeping him around.

Comment

• Coach up anyone makes sense, but taking a flyer with a top 10 pick, or the #1 overall pick in this case, always baffles me. When you have the top pick why gamble? Walker always seemed like a bit of a higher risk than Hutch or KT. And Jacksonville didn't seem like they were in a spot to gamble.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

Im pretty sure he's going to be added. But who do we lose? Someone is off the team (drop back to PS) and someone is out of the WR mix.

We have Chark, Kennedy, Raymond, Reynolds, St. Brown active. I know they are very likely to keep 6 active given the group is banged up but at a minimum someone is not seeing the field. St. Brown is top tier and going nowhere. Raymond and Reynolds are likely in the mix.

Real question here is does Jameson push Kennedy or Chark down the chart to obscurity. IMO I hope it is Chark. Honestly at this point I wouldn't care if they flat out cut him when Williams is ready. I don't see any point in keeping him around.
        C'mon man. They're paying Chark way too much to do that. AND I think the cap ramifications would be substantial where they'd have a lot of contracts to restructure to pay for said ramifications.

We all know if it was a WR, it would be Kennedy.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Coach up anyone makes sense, but taking a flyer with a top 10 pick, or the #1 overall pick in this case, always baffles me. When you have the top pick why gamble? Walker always seemed like a bit of a higher risk than Hutch or KT. And Jacksonville didn't seem like they were in a spot to gamble.
          It is a reason they are always drafting high. Their team is almost literally been high draft picks. Trent Baalke stinks. He doesn't go TOO far off the menu so they have a team with a bunch of athletic guys. But the part of having skill and getting the guys with grit? Nope. They're fans are even more clueless. Here's a comment from Jaquar Nation...

rockpiler says:
          December 1, 2022 at 4:24 pm
          He flat out told them not to draft him. Jacksonville didnt want any more embarrassment after the Urban experiment, and decided to take the clear #2 prospect accordingly so that Aiden could get his (demand) wish and play for his hometown team in the state where he went to college. FACT
          That's the "rumor" floating around down there in the swamps. That Hutchinson told them not to draft him. An obvious deflection based on deflecting from the fact they screwed up the pick. They tried to be cute, watched to much tv and the combine and here we are...

THANKS JAX ASSES
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Seattle Seahawks v Detroit Lions

Notes: Lions RB Jamaal Williams gave an amazing gift to the entire offense

By Kellie Rowe

Comment

• Green Bay Packers v Detroit Lions

The Honolulu Blueprint: 4 keys to a Lions victory over the Jaguars

By Erik Schlitt

Comment

Seattle Seahawks v Detroit Lions

Notes: Lions RB Jamaal Williams gave an amazing gift to the entire offense

By Kellie Rowe

Haha if Rodgers did this for GB bahaha
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Or Wilson in Denver

Comment

• Buffalo Bills v Detroit Lions Detroit Lions have not made decision on activating Jameson Williams vs. Jaguars

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

C'mon man. They're paying Chark way too much to do that. AND I think the cap ramifications would be substantial where they'd have a lot of contracts to restructure to pay for said ramifications.

We all know if it was a WR, it would be Kennedy.
                      He is a FA at the end of the year and we are paying for 3 years either way. Only real question is whether or not we keep the last 6 games. Can't imagine we resign.

Comment

He is a FA at the end of the year and we are paying for 3 years either way. Only real question is whether or not we keep the last 6 games. Can't imagine we resign.
                        You do know there's escalators involved right? Dead money that would have to be paid now? Stop it. Tom Kennedy is not worth it dude.

Comment

You do know there's escalators involved right? Dead money that would have to be paid now? Stop it. Tom Kennedy is not worth it dude.
                          So if the Lions cut Chark they'd have to pay the full 10 now rather than over 3 years? I didn't know that. Honestly didn't.

Comment

So if the Lions cut Chark they'd have to pay the full 10 now rather than over 3 years? I didn't know that. Honestly didn't.
                            Yep. That's one of the reasons why Chark is arguably Holmes's biggest FA blunder, and why many of us joke he would have been better off setting that 10 mil on fire.

Comment

• I'm not sure what Futureshock has against TK. The dude has been good in his limited time, route running is important.

Comment

• When I saw the signing of Chark all it said was 1 year 10 million dollars....Was something changed later that spread it out over 3 years?

Comment

Working...
                                X