No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okudah is actually been a playmaker, it's the consistency and health that is lacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      That Jeff Seidel article makes no sense. If Goff has another great year his price will skyrocket, therefore they must find a franchise quarterback. Huh? The Lions improvement has probably meant an increase in page clicks and more Lion articles, but the Windsor and Seidel articles are too much.
      It comes down to what I said when the season started. I figured the Lions where going to get the high pick not the Rams. But it still holds. That was the Lions had to make a decision this off-season. You are either all in with Goff, or you think you can't win big with him and you use your draft ammo and get a guy you like in the draft.

I think that ship has sailed. There are just too many reasons to keep Goff and spend those picks on game changers. But there is no better season to make a play for a high pick. We keep Goff and change our minds we will be in the purgatory Stafford kept us in. Too good to get the best draft picks, too bad have any real success. Part of that was on GMs that struggled outside the top of the first.

But none of this is about how much Goff will cost. If they see him Qbing the team for 3-5 years they will pay him. If not we make a move for a QB and let his contract expire.
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

It comes down to what I said when the season started. I figured the Lions where going to get the high pick not the Rams. But it still holds. That was the Lions had to make a decision this off-season. You are either all in with Goff, or you think you can't win big with him and you use your draft ammo and get a guy you like in the draft.

I think that ship has sailed. There are just too many reasons to keep Goff and spend those picks on game changers. But there is no better season to make a play for a high pick. We keep Goff and change our minds we will be in the purgatory Stafford kept us in. Too good to get the best draft picks, too bad have any real success. Part of that was on GMs that struggled outside the top of the first.

But none of this is about how much Goff will cost. If they see him Qbing the team for 3-5 years they will pay him. If not we make a move for a QB and let his contract expire.
        One problem. They have already put a better team with a better culture around the QB. So if they were "stuck" they could do what they're doing anyway. Drafting and developing their talent. FA should be like cough medicine. Use as NEEDED. Not just because you can.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I don’t think Levis falls to us but I’m starting to like that pick. He’s not option #1 for me but if he’s there I hope they consider him
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            I don’t think Levis falls to us but I’m starting to like that pick. He’s not option #1 for me but if he’s there I hope they consider him
            I think that QB is on the Lions "big board," but it's in fairly small letters. There would have to be a surprising run of non-QBs in the Top 5 for the Lions to think Levis (or Stroud or even Young) is the BPA at #6.

Now, at #18, that's a different story. There's a lot of movement that Holmes could be capable of if he sees someone he thinks could be "the guy" start to slide.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              I don’t think Levis falls to us but I’m starting to like that pick. He’s not option #1 for me but if he’s there I hope they consider him
              Well if he is taken in top 5 then that is a win for the Lions because one of the other 5 studs fell to us then.....If he is there, and the otehr 5 guys are gone, and there are no good trade down scenarios, then maybe the Lions should consider Levis....but...he is a turnover machine...its hard to evaluate him because he didnt have much talent around him....He does have an excellent arm and can extend plays and make some great throws, but I am not sure he reads defenses very well and has good judgement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

One problem. They have already put a better team with a better culture around the QB. So if they were "stuck" they could do what they're doing anyway. Drafting and developing their talent. FA should be like cough medicine. Use as NEEDED. Not just because you can.
                Agreed. Just pointing out that if you don't trust Goff, there is no better year to get a guy you project better. You can pull a BB and keep drafting 3-6 round qbs and develop one till you get one your Jimmy G. You can hope to catch the next Cousins, but you need both the money and the pull. You could go late first or second on a QB heavy draft. Or you believe right now that Goff isn't worth attaching your career to, and take some of the stockpile of picks (including one high one) something you are unlikely to have in the future and get a guy you like.

​​​​​​THe answer is Goff. I think even with Holmes excellent drafting going with an unknown is always riskier and none of the other options guarantee a step up from Goff. Goff's ceiling is a lot higher than people give him credit for and Holmes can do a lot more good not trying fill a pretty well filled role. Even when we sign Goff for 40+ million a year.
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• What about Richardson? People talk him up like he's as physically gifted as any QB prospect there's ever been. Seems like he's even more toolsy than Levis, and younger, so unlike Levis, there's a reason for him being earlier in the development stages

It's a risk for many reasons to take a QB, but unless there's a can't miss guy at another position, maybe it's a risk worth taking
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• You'll never know if you don't try.
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I'll say this. Maybe Valenti got me fired up today or something. Detroit fans DO always approach things as a couple years away........Slow and steady there chief......

The window is NOW. Finish the defense. Make your run. Goff is fine. Jesus......

Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        I'll say this. Maybe Valenti got me fired up today or something. Detroit fans DO always approach things as a couple years away........Slow and steady there chief......

The window is NOW. Finish the defense. Make your run. Goff is fine. Jesus......
                        I'm fine with that, too ... although I'd suggest that the window won't be closing anytime soon. Holmes seems to be hitting on picks. Even if they lose guys to free agency, if they draft well it'll be fine

I guess one thing that might hurt is eventually losing Ben Johnson tho
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• The window is never as long as you think it will be. Look at the Detroit Rams!

It's now beatches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• I don't think you can finish everything if you did everything possible.

Comment

• Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                                The window is never as long as you think it will be. Look at the Detroit Rams!

It's now beatches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                True but you have a QB with 7ish at least good years ahead of him. You have one of the youngest teams (so many bad Lions teams have also been the oldest). Outside assistant staff our core is really really young. You want to roll all in while you are peaking, but the window has to be up there in the League. Maybe not as large as teams with an unquestioned Top 5 QB (Mahomes, Burrow, Allen), but its up there.

We all knew that the Ram's window was incredibly short and they were already at the tail end of a pretty good window (that included a previous SB appearance).

Also I feel that the structure in the NFC is crumbling. We might have the second best future outlook outside the Eagles.
                                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

Working...
                                X