No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call me a pessimist but I don’t see us walking into AT&T and winning. Not with that defense versus ours. Games that looked easier suddenly don’t look as easy. We’ll see I guess.

That Pats loss would knock the stuffing out of any fan.

Comment

• Just saying, it's way too early to crown those other teams. Eagles are the only one in the bunch with multiple wins against good opponents and healthy win margins. Not saying they all fall apart but I certainly wouldn't be shocked by it happening to any of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
        Call me a pessimist but I don’t see us walking into AT&T and winning. Not with that defense versus ours. Games that looked easier suddenly don’t look as easy. We’ll see I guess.

Meh, that Pats loss was coming.
        Us old grizzled fans? It's not a matter of if but when, and more importantly how often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
          We seem to seriously overreact to coaching failure. Jim Schwartz was a hot head who lost his team. Let's go 180° and take "Cold"well. Went from a defensive-minded head coach whose Lions teams were high offense and no defense to an offense-minded head coach whose Lions teams did better on defense. And unlike Gym Shorts, Caldwell never lost his team.

FMP was a smart but unrelatable coach who understands how to manage a game but no clue how to manage men. In terms of finding the polar opposite, well done, bravo, fucking nailed it. But apparently that doesn't translate to winning.
          There is definitely a pattern there. I have to give credit to Chemi for calling this pattern out some time ago.

Comment

• I don't think Patricia had a great handle how to manage a game any better than other Lion coaches. In fact I think Caldwell was the best Lion coach at managing a game. It's just that when they lost games his conservatism was annoying.

The Lion hiring practice of coaches over the years is thermostatic to the previous coach. You get a player's coach after you had a hard ass coach. I think that is normal for most NFL teams. The problem is and always will be lack of talent. They have never had enough talent on defense and whatever good to great talent they have had they lost due to scheme changes, free agency or injuries. Recently, it's been annoying to watch Quandre Diggs go to Pro Bowls or watch Slay thrive in Philadelphia knowing the Lions have bad secondary problems. They gave away those players for totally dumb reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Recently, it's been annoying to watch Quandre Diggs go to Pro Bowls or watch Slay thrive in Philadelphia knowing the Lions have bad secondary problems. They gave away those players for totally dumb reasons.
              Here are 2 dumb reasons

Screenshot_20221017-091127_Chrome.jpg
              Last edited by edindetroit; October 17, 2022, 08:16 AM.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

“Some bye week perspective on second-year coaches.

Nick Sirianni took over 4-win Eagles. Now: 5-0.
                Robert Saleh took over 2-win Jets. Now: 4-2.
                Arthur Smith took over 4-win Falcons. Now: 3-3.

Dan Campbell took over the 5-win Lions. Now: 1-4. It doesn't have to take forever.​”
                In a vacuum of other variables? Sure

But every last one of those teams started with more talent then DC had to start with. I don't care for some of his game day desicions and the injury man visits way more then those teams too, but that doesn't tell the whole story.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Here are 2 dumb reasons

Screenshot_20221017-091127_Chrome.jpg
                  They look like 2 characters that wouldn't make it out of season 1 of GOT
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Call me a pessimist but I don’t see us walking into AT&T and winning. Not with that defense versus ours. Games that looked easier suddenly don’t look as easy. We’ll see I guess.

I have a plan to help the Lions. Show up in cowboys home uniforms for the game Sunday. That'll confuse them (by them, I mean both teams)
                    Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

“Some bye week perspective on second-year coaches.

Nick Sirianni took over 4-win Eagles. Now: 5-0.
                      Robert Saleh took over 2-win Jets. Now: 4-2.
                      Arthur Smith took over 4-win Falcons. Now: 3-3.

Dan Campbell took over the 5-win Lions. Now: 1-4. It doesn't have to take forever.​”
                      Look at the talent level and cap space of those teams.

Lions had nearly 60 million in dead cap when DC took over as coach. And a locker room in the midst of an exodus. The previous regime traded all of the most talented players, save for Stafford, for next to nothing. This team was nowhere near the shape of the Eagles or Falcons or Jets.

It would be cool if at least a few people looked beyond the box scores and attempted to understand this team.

Comment

• In every successive Lion regime, a new warrior takes up the mantle to defend the team when the results are severely lacking.

Comment

• I must have missed that big Atlanta spending spree.

Comment

• And Levi is done for the year according to Campbell, reported by Kyle Meineke.

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1582084337708638208?s=20&t=lsnY7as5XiFDirncSxmrOQ

I think it's safe to call him a bust and another failed second round selection.

Comment

• Time to consider him Lubinized.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                In every successive Lion regime, a new warrior takes up the mantle to defend the team when the results are severely lacking.
                                Well... We all come around at our own pace.

Comment

Working...
                                X