Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Netflix for you...

Detroit Lions v Dallas Cowboys Detroit Lions place RB Craig Reynolds on IR

The Detroit Lions have placed another player on injured reserve, their 10th of the season.

By Erik Schlitt
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• FB_IMG_1668131923449.jpg
      Last edited by -Deborah-; November 11, 2022, 12:39 PM.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Man, if Williams comes back 100% then this was an awesome draft class. Williams is a gamebreaker. A true take it to the house guy.

Comment

• I hope so. I have learned to not take anything for granted with the Lions, but if he was on any other team I would be excited.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Lions OC Ben Johnson: D’Andre Swift “pissed off a little bit” about playing time

Posted by Josh Alper on November 11, 2022, 6:32 AM EST

Getty Images

Running back D'Andre Swift played 33 offensive snaps when returned to the Lions lineup in Week Eight and head coach Dan Campbell said after the game that “wherever he can go, we’re going to let him go” in reference to Swift’s playing time in the weeks to come.

That suggested Swift would be in line for more playing time in the future, but things went the other way in Week Nine. Swift played 10 snaps in last Sunday’s win over the Packers and it appears the drop in playing time didn’t agree with him.

Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson said on Thursday that Swift “got pissed off a little bit” about the way the snaps were doled out, but he didn’t make any promises about how things will go against the Bears this weekend.

“It’s a balance right now for him because once again he hasn’t felt 100 percent, and that’s been a big part of it is when he’s feeling good and it’s going to show up on Sunday in a positive way for us,” Johnson said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “So, we’ll see. We’ll see as the week goes on in practice, we’ll see on Sunday as we get into the game just how much or how little we use him.”

Swift has been limited in practice this week due to the ankle and shoulder injuries that caused him to miss three games earlier this season, so it would seem he’s still not at the 100 percent level that Johnson and the Lions appear to be looking for before they cast off all restrictions on his usage.

Comment

• I think they found the juice that they need, they can get it somewhat with Jackson. I like Williams, but this OL works well with a back that can get in and out of holes quickly.

Comment

• Both brothers need some help with their smack talk...

Comment

• Swift’s injuries are baffling to me. It was reported to be shoulder and ankle sprains, right? Well it’s almost been two months and the injuries are still impacting him. Has to be more to it… frustrating as both a Lions fan and someone that has Swift on my fantasy team.
                  I’d prefer the Lions sit Swift until he’s 100% or go ahead with surgery if something isn’t been said.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This may sound silly but if the Lions want to avoid track meets as Campbell said in the Dolphins loss wouldn’t you want more of a controlled run game you get with Williams instead of the fast big play that Swift gives?
                    Swift would only put you in a track meet if he’s 100 % healthy.
                    Again Irony in life.

Comment

• Awesome...

Lions vs. Bears broadcast gets another new crew for Detroit

​Behind the mics will be Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez, a duo the Lions haven’t seen yet in 2022.

Comment

• I think the Lions learned earlier this year that if they play Swift too many snaps he gets injured easily......Its a catch 22 for the Lions because the offense does need him, but he just cant stay healthy for any length of time.

Comment

• Lions Jason Cabinda Agrees Turf Fields 'Taking Too Many Guys Out'

The NFLPA has requested all turf fields be replaced.The NFLPA has now stepped up their efforts to protect players from incurring injuries playing on turf fields.

JC Tretter, President of the NFL Players Association, explained on social media that efforts must be made by the league and several teams to immediately modify and remove turf fields.

"There are currently seven teams that use slit film in their stadiums (Giants, Jets, Lions, Vikings, Saints, Colts, and Bengals). The NFL and its experts have agreed with this data and acknowledge that the slit film field is less safe," the NFLPA explained. "Player leadership wrote a letter to the NFL this week demanding the immediate removal of these fields and a ban on them going forward, both in stadiums and for practice fields."

The Lions announced a new field turf back in 2019, and have partnered with FieldTurf since the team's new home stadium opened.

"We've partnered with FieldTurf since the inaugural season at Ford Field because of our confidence in their proven product," said Lions Team President Rod Wood, via the team's website. "With ongoing enhancements in turf technology, we are embracing the opportunity to work with FieldTurf to install their best available playing surface and maintain the highest standards of safety for all players at our stadium."

Fullback Jason Cabinda also took to social media on Saturday to explain his point of view regarding playing surfaces in the NFL.

"We want to be on the field, coaches want us on the field, and so do the fans," Cabinda posted on social media. "Turf is taking too many guys out of the game #SaferFields."

The NFLPA concluded their request with this message to the NFL, "As players, we have a simple message for the league: stop with the lip service, stop with the media spin, stop pretending you care. And if you actually do care, take the actionable steps to fix the problems our union has identified, especially those issues you actually agree with."
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I was disappointed when the Lions built Ford field...i was hoping for a grass stadium, but in the end it comes down to what is convenient for the team (and the fans) and not for the players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                              I was disappointed when the Lions built Ford field...i was hoping for a grass stadium, but in the end it comes down to what is convenient for the team (and the fans) and not for the players.
                              I was pragmatic.
                              I'd have much rather seen them return to their roots - but at the same time they had no chance in hell of ever hosting a SB again if they went open.
                              That said, I'd rather have a team be competitive than worry about if they get the call to host a SB. I mean GB isn't hosting shit......

Comment

• Only option was a retractable roof. Which Lions wouldn’t front the money for.
                                I don’t like indoor football.

Comment

Working...
                                X