No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean, you can project all you want, young blood, but I really don't give a damn that you're positive. Be happy with this. I'm not. I need to see more. Sorry, but I'm not sorry.

I'm tired of the insinuation that comes from people like you that long time fans have no reason for pessimism. We do. We've seen all this shit before. Some of us many times.

What Campbell and Holmes are doing is NOT unique, no matter how much you want to believe it is. Will they flame out like everyone else? Who knows? Not me. Will they succeed where everyone else failed? Who knows? Not you.

Win a playoff game. That's been the bar since the turn of the millenium. Once they get there, then we'll start talking about what's next. Not before.

Until then, the "Same Ol Lions" they will remain. Deal with it.

Comment

• Yawn
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You guys should head to the argument thread
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          I mean, you can project all you want, young blood, but I really don't give a damn that you're positive. Be happy with this. I'm not. I need to see more. Sorry, but I'm not sorry.

I'm tired of the insinuation that comes from people like you that long time fans have no reason for pessimism. We do. We've seen all this shit before. Some of us many times.

What Campbell and Holmes are doing is NOT unique, no matter how much you want to believe it is. Will they flame out like everyone else? Who knows? Not me. Will they succeed where everyone else failed? Who knows? Not you.

Win a playoff game. That's been the bar since the turn of the millenium. Once they get there, then we'll start talking about what's next. Not before.

Until then, the "Same Ol Lions" they will remain. Deal with it.
          I love how you've told me what I can and can't post, and pretending your the only person who has followed the Lions for 10 minutes, and now are assuming my age. Your argument just keep devolving. You aren't even making football points. You are just clinging to past seasons with a bunch of guys who aren't on the team, and don't run the team anymore. I don't have to deal with anything as, and this will be a shocker, you don't speak for anyone. Even on this forum there is like maybe 4 or 5 of your type clinging to the SOL scapegoat. You are just a bitter dude on the internet pretending to be some sort of spokesperson for the fan base and claiming to be the gate keeper for your tired ass "SOL" mantra you cling to like a security blanket.

Reality is, the fan base overall is happy with where this team is, and is heading. The majority of the fan base is excited. The local beat writers and pod casts that cover the Lions, and even the national media are increasingly optimistic for the first time in at least a decade and maybe 3. The culture in Detroit has changed. You are one of the few clinging to the past because can't accept the reality of today or the future. This team has made great improvements over the last 2 years and the future is bright. You can deal with it.

I am happy with my team and proud of what they are accomplishing.

Comment

• Kreton:

Never argue with an idiot….they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

-Mark Twain

Comment

• Nah I'm here to argue or talk to whoever is willing to talk Lions football.

Except for Old Geezer who's opinion I just won't hear and don't even know what it is. No respect for that guy.

Chemi is just clinging to the past and pretending to know me for some reason. He cried that i want to tell him he's not a fan, but then keeps calling me young and insinuating that I've only followed the Lions for a year or two or something because he thinks that somehow makes his argument valid....well that and he found a poster online that "proves" the lions were bad in the 70's so therefore they can't ever be good.

Comment

• I didn't tell you to do shit. But keep projecting.

Comment

I didn't tell you to do shit. But keep projecting.
                  Yea I guess this wasn't you.

Just get it over with and tell us we're not "true fans." You know you want to.​
                  Also must not have been you telling me I haven't been a fan for long enough because you know me so well.

Also not you desperately trying to discuss my age as a relevant factor as to if the Lions are heading on the right track.

Must have been the other Chemiclord.

Comment

• I don't get why this gets your dander up so much. Why does it bother you that I'm unmoved by "fighting and playing hard?" Why does it get your blood boiling that I don't care how hard they fight if it ends with another "L" on the ledger?

Why does my opinion matter to you?

It's not like I'm going to bring them down. I can promise you no one in that locker room is thinking, "Well shit, chemiclord doesn't believe in us. What's the point in even trying?"

I get snippy because you also aren't the first fan who has come in trying to lecture us about our attitudes here. They all end largely the same way, with said fan screaming that we're not "true fans" and leaving.

If that's not your intent, then I apologize. If it IS, however, let's just get to the point where you storm off never to be seen here again.

Comment

I don't get why this gets your dander up so much. Why does it bother you that I'm unmoved by "fighting and playing hard?" Why does it get your blood boiling that I don't care how hard they fight if it ends with another "L" on the ledger?

Why does my opinion matter to you?

It's not like I'm going to bring them down. I can promise you no one in that locker room is thinking, "Well shit, chemiclord doesn't believe in us. What's the point in even trying?"

I get snippy because you also aren't the first fan who has come in trying to lecture us about our attitudes here. They all end largely the same way, with said fan screaming that we're not "true fans" and leaving.

If that's not your intent, then I apologize. If it IS, however, let's just get to the point where you storm off never to be seen here again.
                      What is this "us"? Define "us". And what lecture? I posted a link to an article where Taylor Decker said it isn't the same old Lions and you started in on me pal. You can be as snippy as you want. As for coming in here and "lecturing" this is a forum to discuss the Lions. If you post some shit I am probably gonna comment on it. Did I miss something where this is supposed to be the fruit and chemi anti campbell circle jerk and the rest of us are supposed to watch quietly?

The "us" is seemingly 2 of you. You can be fans or not fans or whatever you want to be. But if you post, on a forum I post on, I'm gonna reply. You don't have to like it.

And again, I want to be real clear for you here, I posted an article and you started in with your bullshit with me. I've been responding to you. You have been lecturing me, telling me I haven't been a fan long enough (and you have no idea) or that I'm some kid (you have no idea) and that I need to deal with the fan base clinging to "SOL" because you said so. Shit I've been posting on this forum for nearly a decade, and many more before that that. You can cry all you want about how some other dude hurt you feeling in the past. I'm sure you can find another shoulder to cry on. Mine isn't available.

You don't have to believe in this team, but if you post about it, I'm probably gonna point out how wrong you are. But you could at least try to talk about THIS team when making your point rather than your entire argument being pathetic generalizations about your fantasy of who i may or may not be. I'm talking about the Lions. I could be the 3 year old who just started following the Lions yesterday morning, and it won't change that you are dead ass wrong about this team and can't make anything resembling and actual argument about the team. So keep focusing on me, and past posters, and how bad the Lions did in 1962. I'll keep looking to the bright ass future of my Detroit Lions with a big ass shit eating grin spread across my face.

Comment

• And you aren't the first Lions fan I've met who just cries about the past, and you won't be the last. Hell at times (like the Quinn and Mayhew years) was on board with it. I've been to games wearing "SOL" gear. I was right then when I said they were a bad team, and I'm right now when I say this team is doing things differently.

Whether they win or lose this year by definition "different" is not the "same". This team is different than anything Quinn or Mayhew or Millen ever did. Quote me at this time next year and prove to me I am wrong. The Lions will not only be in 1st place in the NFC North come next December, but they will win the division and a playoff game next year. I know that because this team is not the same as it was.

Comment

• What about "this team?" They went 3-13-1 last year, and they're 4-7 now. You seem happy about that. I am ambivalent at best. Cool, they're taking teams to the final possession. They're "playing hard." That's all well and good. But teams aren't judged by "playing hard." They're judged by the results. Right now, the results aren't there. Right now, they're the Same Ol' Lions that finished with poor records.

So yes, I scoff at Decker when he says they aren't "The Same Ol' Lions." It's hardly the first time a player has defiantly made that declaration (see also; my current profile pic). The record says they are. You may want to believe they're losing in ways they haven't normally lost before against higher quality of teams, but even if you're right, the record doesn't divide "quality losses" from "bad losses." Yes, I'm sure the Lions would lead the league in moral victories, but that's not a stat anyone in the league counts.

I get that you don't think that's fair, and it gets you all bent out of shape, but that's a "you" problem. I know you want to make the distinction between this current leadership and those of the past. You want to make a distinction REALLY badly. I don't care. The only distinction I care to see is in that W-L column. If Campbell and Holmes and co. are worth their salt, we'll see that distinction soon enough, and nothing you or I say will matter one iota.

The "Pessimistas" haven't really budged on what is largely a consensus on what we need to see. Win a playoff game. Contrary to how hard the Lions have made it look over the last 60 years, it's not that impossibly unreasonable of a bar. Hell, even the damn Texans have won four times as many in about a quarter of the history. Get that, then we can talk about next steps.

Until then... I'm sorry that I just don't give a shit that they are losing to 66-yard field goals with time expiring now instead of 63-yard field goals. I'm sorry that I am unmoved that they took Buffalo to the final possession. It wasn't THAT long ago that people like you were telling people like me that Monday Night victories over the Steve Young led 49ers were a sign that the franchise has turned a corner and that the crow was already in the oven.

I'm still waiting. Maybe in a year or two's time, it'll finally be ready.
                          Last edited by chemiclord; November 28, 2022, 03:44 PM.

Comment

What about "this team?" They went 3-13-1 last year, and they're 4-7 now. You seem happy about that. I am ambivalent at best. Cool, they're taking teams to the final possession. They're "playing hard." That's all well and good. But teams aren't judged by "playing hard." They're judged by the results. Right now, the results aren't there. Right now, they're the Same Ol' Lions that finished with poor records.

So yes, I scoff at Decker when he says they aren't "The Same Ol' Lions." It's hardly the first time a player has defiantly made that declaration (see also; my current profile pic). The record says they are. You may want to believe they're losing in ways they haven't normally lost before against higher quality of teams, but even if you're right, the record doesn't divide "quality losses" from "bad losses." Yes, I'm sure the Lions would lead the league in moral victories, but that's not a stat anyone in the league counts.

I get that you don't think that's fair, and it gets you all bent out of shape, but that's a "you" problem. I know you want to make the distinction between this current leadership and those of the past. You want to make a distinction REALLY badly. I don't care. The only distinction I care to see is in that W-L column. If Campbell and Holmes and co. are worth their salt, we'll see that distinction soon enough, and nothing you or I say will matter one iota.

The "Pessimistas" haven't really budged on what is largely a consensus on what we need to see. Win a playoff game. Contrary to how hard the Lions have made it look over the last 60 years, it's not that impossibly unreasonable of a bar. Hell, even the damn Texans have won four times as many in about a quarter of the history. Get that, then we can talk about next steps.

Until then... I'm sorry that I just don't give a shit that they are losing to 66-yard field goals with time expiring now instead of 63-yard field goals. I'm sorry that I am unmoved that they took Buffalo to the final possession. It wasn't THAT long ago that people like you were telling people like me that Monday Night victories over the Steve Young led 49ers were a sign that the franchise has turned a corner and that the crow was already in the oven.

I'm still waiting. Maybe in a year or two's time, it'll finally be ready.
                            If all you want to do is wait until they've won a playoff game before you admit this team is moving in the right direction then why even watch until they are in a playoff game? Since nothing matters except that one game?

The way I see it. Look as the Lions roster at the end of the 2020 season. Look at it today.

End of 2020:
                            • 60 Million in dead cap space.
                            • Our QB was demanding a trade to get away
                            • All of our defensive players who had promising futures had already demanded to get out and had left
                            • The only thing we had for quality moving forward was Ragnow, Decker and Hock.
                            60 mil in dead cap, players demanding out and 3 players worth keeping. That is an embarrassment.

1.5 ish years later today:
                            • 8 first or 2nd year players who are showing starting NFL potential
                            • Likely the rookie of the year 2022
                            • Arguably one of the top 5 players of the 2021 draft class and 2 of the top 10.
                            • Players from other teams talking good about the Lions culture
                            • Players believing in the team and wanting to be here
                            • Playoff hopes are still alive in December
                            • 2nd place in the division
                            • On top of all that we still have an amazingly talented rookie with tons of potential about to come off IR
                            • Loads of draft capital next year
                            • Loads of flexibility with the cap next year
                            You cannot point to any time in the last 30 years that the Lions the Lions have developed the team in this way. Maybe the 90s at best.
                            Or when we've had a coach like Campbell.
                            Or when we've had an owner like Sheila. She is not the same owner her father was. In fact, when she took over control from her parents first thing she did was get rid of Quinn and Patricia. Since she took over this team has been far smarter than at any time her parents ran the team.

The only thing that is the same about the Lions team since Sheila, Holmes, and Campbell took over is that they haven't won in the post season yet. But from where this team was when they took over, it was never likely to be fixed over night. And as optimistic as I am, I didn't think they were going to be this successful this soon. I didn't even expect 4 wins this year and we could win 8.

Whether you want to admit it or not doesn't change that what this team has done in 2 years is impressive. And rarely has the Lions team over 2 years been impressive with their decisions and still have a brighter future.
                            Last edited by kreton; November 28, 2022, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• It might be impressive (I don't think so, but we've been over the acceptable length of a rebuild already), but it's not results.

I really don't care how they try to build the team. I genuinely do not. Show me the W's. SHOW me, don't TELL me.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post
                                Over the last month, they have been winning. The games we are losing are generally due to inexperienced players and coaches. The Lions team is young and hungry. We have new ownership, new GM, new coach and staff and new players. This is an entirely new group doing things in ways we have not seen in Detroit since the 90s when the Lions were making the playoffs regularly. I love that the Lions are developing players. The staff and front office aren't acting like a bunch of clowns. They aren't ostracizing players. They aren't making a bunch of tired excuses.

And all this "i'll believe the Lions are good when they prove it" is bs. That isn't believing. That is simply acknowledging. Failure by the negative cry babies who can't see the difference in the team over the last two year and the previous 20 doesn't change what the team is doing. I don't know where this regime will take the Lions, but it looks good. And for the first time in a long time, it isn't the same feel.
                                Replacing one Ford with another doesn't count as new ownership.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X