No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was Prince before Prince. A black man (gay man) in the 50’s who made white people dance. That in itself makes him a legend.

I always thought Jerry Lee Lewis was on the same level, but he married his 14 year old cousin. That didn’t go over well.

Comment

• Little Richard was gay? Who would have guessed
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        I remember that game. I was listening to Van Patrick doing the play by play on the radio. ( it was blacked out in Detroit) It was a forgone conclusion that he was going to miss it. Nobody could kick a 63 yarder.

Only the fucking Lions. *sigh*
        It looks like the game was in New Orleans so why was the game blacked out here?
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

It looks like the game was in New Orleans so why was the game blacked out here?
          Don't know. Maybe it was an afternoon game. The broadcast
          rules were pretty fucked up then, though. I remember a lot of times when they played on the west coast we didn't get the game in Detroit.

Or... my memory was off and it was on local TV and I was doing something that caused me to not be able to watch it.

Regardless, I remember listening to Van Patrick's call on the radio.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Phyllis George died May 14 . She was 70.

Comment

• Interestingly enough, the guy that does the ESPN Sports Science described that it was actually harder for him to kick that ball as accurate as he did with a block toe rather than a standard kicking shoeshoe. I don't remember his exact measurements, but it was essentially a 1 in a 1,000,000 shot even if he had the leg strength - the margin for error was almost molecular level.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Don't know. Maybe it was an afternoon game. The broadcast
                rules were pretty fucked up then, though. I remember a lot of times when they played on the west coast we didn't get the game in Detroit.

Or... my memory was off and it was on local TV and I was doing something that caused me to not be able to watch it.

Regardless, I remember listening to Van Patrick's call on the radio.
                Van Patrick's call beats a young Don Criqui's call every day and on Sunday's too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                  Phyllis George died May 14 . She was 70.
                  She was a pioneer. RIP
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

She was a pioneer. RIP
                    HAD A CRUSH ON HER, BIGTIME

Comment

• RIP Ken Osmond, aka Eddie Haskell from “Leave it to Beaver”. I grew up watching that show in syndication as a kid in the 80’s.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
                        RIP Ken Osmond, aka Eddie Haskell from “Leave it to Beaver”. I grew up watching that show in syndication as a kid in the 80’s.
                        Ya same here. Great show. RIP
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• RIP Ian Holm - best remembered by me for his role as Mr. Bilbo Baggins.
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• RIP Carl.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...Ssbp1hySoc9ufQ
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Mr. Reiner's "The Dick VanDyke Show" was one of my favorite shows growing up.

RIP.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

• Hugh Downs, Genial Presence On TV News And Game Shows, Dies At 99

WWJ Newsradio 950 is covering the latest & breaking news live in Detroit & around the U.S., updated around the clock. Listen live & see the latest updates.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X