Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
    Long time Vikings Coach Bud Grant died today at the age of 95.

Posting the article from the Athletic in the NFL News thread.
    The one thing I always remember about Bud Grant. He was literally old school.
    Give the opponents heaters, our guys don't need them.
    Those guys will want to run to the heaters.....
    His only mis-calculation was the Super Bowl wasn't played in 10 degree weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
      Lance Reddick passed away. I knew him from Fringe and I think he had a small part in LOST. I really liked him.
      John Wick movies and “The Wire” too.
      I’ve only watched the first two episodes of The Wire and have had a difficult time getting hooked. Legit actor though that always had a presence.

RIP.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Gallagher The pumpkin smasher has died.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Terrible news about Reddick. He was great as the chief in Bosch. First Annie Wersching and now Lance Reddick, it has been a bad couple months for Bosch alums.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
            Gallagher The pumpkin smasher has died.
            He died in November 2022,,,I thought I saw that headline lol

Comment

• HA!!! Someone just posted it on FB.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                Lance Reddick passed away. I knew him from Fringe and I think he had a small part in LOST. I really liked him.
                The Wire was one of the best series of all time. It was so well done there’s not many that will ever come close to the realness and character development it portrayed.

Reddick played his part like a champ. It’s crazy as he looked to be in phenomenal shape.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• R.I.P. Jerry Greene

Jerry Green, only sportswriter to cover the first 56 Super Bowls, dies at 94

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 24, 2023, 12:11 PM EDT
                  Getty Images

Jerry Green, a sportswriter notable for covering the first 56 Super Bowls, has died at the age of 94.

Green missed Super Bowl LVII last month after covering each of the first 56, citing his declining health, although he said he was looking forward to watching a Super Bowl on TV for the first time.

No other sportswriter covered as many Super Bowls as Green. Only six other people attended each of the first 56 Super Bowls: fans Don Crisman, Gregory Eaton and Tom Henschel, photographer John Biever, groundskeeper George Toma and Norma Hunt, whose family has owned the Kansas City Chiefs since before they played in Super Bowl I.

Green wrote about sports in Detroit for so long that he was believed to have been the last active sportswriter who covered the Lions’ last NFL championship, in 1957. He was the Detroit News Lions beat writer early in his career and then shifted to a sports columnist role before retiring. He occasionally wrote columns for the News after retiring and continued covering the Super Bowl for the paper.

The media experience at the Super Bowl was so different that before Super Bowl III, reporters who wanted to interview Joe Namath just had to meet up with him beside his hotel’s pool, and Green was one of the reporters in the iconic photo of Namath relaxing a few days before his Jets upset the Colts in one of the games that established the Super Bowl as America’s greatest sporting event.

In 2005, Green received the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s award in recognition of long and distinguished reporting on pro football.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Oh at first I thought it was Joe Namath that died

Comment

• I have an old yellow newspaper with a Jerry Green column making fun of the Lions. I found it in my wife's grandpa's basement when we were cleaning out the house. It was really funny because the names were different but the message was basically the same.

Of all of the newspaper columnists in Detroit, he was my favorite.

Comment

• I heard him interviewed on local radio during Super Bowl week when sports radio started becoming a thing here and he always seemed cool. And one of my childhood friends worked with him at the Detroit News for a little while and posted on Facebook that he was a great coworker.

Comment

• Harry Belafonte, Civil Rights activist, singer, and all-around humanitarian, died earlier today at the age of 96.
                          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• R.I.P. Harry

Daylight come and me wanna go home...
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• You low life’s will want to remember Jerry Springer and honor the good he did for daytime TV

Comment

• I remember about a million years ago, I was living in Cincinnati, and his show was just starting. It was nothing like what it would become at that time. More like Donahue than Maury.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X