Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

now we just have to get the puck moving defensemen rolling.
    Yeah, the Wings and something like 26 other teams in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Yeah, the Wings and something like 26 other teams in the league.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Point is that really good point defensemen that aren't a huge liability defensively are EXTREMELY rare, and pretty much everyone in the NHL outside of a few teams are scouring everywhere looking for one. I think the Wings are going to have to adapt without one.

Comment

• I get your point but our defense is garbage and it's been that way for a very long time. Even when Lids was still on the team playing ridiculous minutes and making the D look better than it was, it was apparent the Wings should be stockpiling puck moving defensemen for replacements. That's been over a decade.

We've been stuck with Ericsson, Larry, Curley and Moe. Up until the last 2 years, Holland has been asleep at the wheel living off past success. I hope Stevie Y knows what he's getting himself into.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Comment

• That's the problem. In the past the Wings did an unbelievable job of drafting hidden gems in Europe because they were ahead of the curve with their scouting dept. Once the NHL caught up over there it leveled the playing field. Add to the fact the salary cap era started in 05 the Wings couldn't buy players which put a lot of pressure on GM's to pick the right players.

With the exception of Nyquist there won't be one player from any of the 2006-2011 drafts to skate for the Red Wings this year.

Its pure horse shit that Holland is still the GM with those kind of numbers.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Even with those dog shit years of drafting and the Wings still saddled with garbage Ericsson, I think the Wings have enough skilled forwards to make the playoffs. I was scratching my head at the Vanek signing but with Hank retiring and AA moving to center it makes sense with his vet scoring touch. I'm looking forward to this year. If Howard can turn this contract year into a strong season we might have something to build on.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

That's the problem. In the past the Wings did an unbelievable job of drafting hidden gems in Europe because they were ahead of the curve with their scouting dept. Once the NHL caught up over there it leveled the playing field. Add to the fact the salary cap era started in 05 the Wings couldn't buy players which put a lot of pressure on GM's to pick the right players.

With the exception of Nyquist there won't be one player from any of the 2006-2011 drafts to skate for the Red Wings this year.

Its pure horse shit that Holland is still the GM with those kind of numbers.
                    I dunno.

It is pretty hard to criticize him for the moves he made when he had a well oiled machine. It took him too long to wake up and see the writing on the wall and then the parts of his machine started needing replacement quicker than anticipated.

When Holland got signed to a two year conditional contract, I thought right then the Wings have some kind of a deal to rehire Yzerman.

If they do in fact get Yzerman under contract, there will be a visible improvement immediately and within 5 years they will once again be a perennial lock for the playoffs.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yep. That's Matt Millen level awful drafting. Kenny's been given a whole TON of slack for a guy that hasn't built a contender for going on a decade.

Comment

• Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The issue is PT really. If he is not going to get top 6 minutes let the kid play down at GR and get the minutes while adjusting to the ice surface. Only 18. I suspect if they could not put him in GR then he would be on the team.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X