No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dunno, I guess I don't see what grounds anyone has to complain when they get exactly what they claim they want.

The Red Wings had the sixth worst record. They're drafting sixth.
    lol being funny ...or I missed that? Where did you hear or read that they wanted the 6th pick? All I seen and heard is the Wings where hoping for some good luck this year for a change. Unless not dropping is good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

lol being funny ...or I missed that? Where did you hear or read that they wanted the 6th pick? All I seen and heard is the Wings where hoping for some good luck this year for a change. Unless not dropping is good luck.
      You guys claim you don't want a lottery because it's rigged (against Detroit specifically, I guess).

You got exactly what you wanted; the Red Wings are drafting exactly where their record says they should be.

Comment

• So no make-up call?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

Exactly. I wasn’t expecting anything but it would be nice to move up. When staying put is a win you know shit is f’ed up. Last year was a shit Storm
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The success Tampa Bay is having should really give Wings fans comfort about the future. Sometimes it doesn't go like this ... but it bodes well
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I think Yzerman did a great job there for sure and much of their foundation was laid with his picks but he inherited Stamkos and Hedman. Way better than what he's come into here. Not trying to be negative just saying this is a more difficult build.

I like that the bad money is largely cleared out and the vet signings have been more short term. We'll see how it goes as more of the prospects come up.

Comment

• It looks like Stevie Y is gearing towards putting a legit roster again. We traded a 2nd round pick for Nick Leddy. I think it was a bit much for someone that was going to be left unprotected but he’s a decent d’man who can actually play in the top pairing with Seider next season.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  It looks like Stevie Y is gearing towards putting a legit roster again. We traded a 2nd round pick for Nick Leddy. I think it was a bit much for someone that was going to be left unprotected but he’s a decent d’man who can actually play in the top pairing with Seider next season.
                  I think he's more motivated by making sure the team actually hits the salary cap FLOOR (with a lot of the dead weight gone, it looks like Chris I. is trying to run TWO teams on the cheap), and possibly flipping him for a better pick by next year's trade deadline. There's no way Yzerman can think this guy is even a short term solution. Leddy's metrics are... Duncan Keith level.

Comment

• I sure hope the top pairing isn't Leddy and Seider.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I sure hope the top pairing isn't Leddy and Seider.
                      Who else would it be? Those would be our best dmen by far.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I think he's more motivated by making sure the team actually hits the salary cap FLOOR (with a lot of the dead weight gone, it looks like Chris I. is trying to run TWO teams on the cheap), and possibly flipping him for a better pick by next year's trade deadline. There's no way Yzerman can think this guy is even a short term solution. Leddy's metrics are... Duncan Keith level.
                        I don't buy the next years trade deadline talk. While it could be a nice fall back scenario getting more than a 2nd for him will be difficult.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• For the hockey guys. Is this a longterm play where we extend this dude? Is it a rental, then flip him at deadline? Or is it salary floor?

I haven’t a clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                            For the hockey guys. Is this a longterm play where we extend this dude? Is it a rental, then flip him at deadline? Or is it salary floor?

I haven’t a clue.
                            None of us sure, either. If Yzerman thinks this guy is going to amount to shit, he's DEFINITELY lost it.

Comment

• I don't see why you'd trade a 2nd round pick for a guy to hit the salary floor ... just sign anybody
                              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Maybe a mentor and pairing for Seider. I guess worst case is you just flip the guy at the deadline. Best case is you extend him.

Is he any good? I’ve heard various takes.

Comment

Working...
                                X