No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yzerman essentially swapped a 32-year-old in Bernier, who was coming off a contract making $3 million a year for a 25-year-old in Nedeljkovic making the same money. Nedeljkovic posted a 1.90 goals-against average and .932 save percentage in 23 games last season for the Hurricanes. He went 2-0 against the Wings with a 1.51 GAA and .951 save percentage.

Bernier, who just finished his third season with the Wings, started 23 games with a 2.99 GAA and .914 save percentage in 2020-21.

Good deal ? Lol Amazing!

Comment

• Eh, it's amazing if he thrives. Otherwise, it becomes a footnote in a sports journal that no one ever thinks about.

Comment

• Shit. Greiss is 35 yeas old not 32. I don't understand this move by the Canes? WTF

Trade a Goalie who was finalist for rookie of the year only two goalies who saved more goals last year than Nedeljkovic were the last two Vezina Trophy winners. All for a 94th pick and a 35 year old journeyman going to his 5th team for the same money. No words how Yzerman pulled this off.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          Shit. Greiss is 35 yeas old not 32. I don't understand this move by the Canes? WTF

Trade a Goalie who was finalist for rookie of the year only two goalies who saved more goals last year than Nedeljkovic were the last two Vezina Trophy winners. All for a 94th pick and a 35 year old journeyman going to his 5th team for the same money. No words how Yzerman pulled this off.
          They traded Bernier not Greiss, but yeah. Apparently Nedeljkovic was available for every team on waivers last year and nobody took him. Carolina must think he was a flash in the pan ... but he was a 2nd round pick
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I don’t think you rule out going goalie at 6. Most teams need two of those guys. Plus, the guy in the draft will take a few years to even get to the L.

Comment

• And Yzerman did it at Tampa, I hope he doesn't this time, (but I wont complain) and word is he won't. Though NOBODY hold his cards like our GM

They traded Bernier not Greiss, but yeah. Apparently Nedeljkovic was available for every team on waivers last year and nobody took him. Carolina must think he was a flash in the pan ... but he was a 2nd round pick

Oh right lol

I guess that make 'some' sense for the Canes ? I guess? Yzerman said he wants Bertuzzi to stay in the Red Wings organization (?). His goal is to work on a deal to keep him here.

Comment

• E67QqdWWYAENiBf?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

• I like Yzerman but Jesus let’s see if these moves work out. This team hasn’t really done anything under his watch yet.

Comment

• Nice trade for the goalie.

I missed the meeting where everyone decided that leaving Stecher unprotected was a bad idea. Apparently, loads and loads of people were melting down.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Nice trade for the goalie.

I missed the meeting where everyone decided that leaving Stecher unprotected was a bad idea. Apparently, loads and loads of people were melting down.
                      Yeah, I apparently missed that meeting too.

Comment

• So who do you guys think we should go with tonight?
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Yeah, I apparently missed that meeting too.
                          Did my invitations disappear? Lets face it, one person hates Chris Ilitch (im no fan believe me) and one is still bitter about Ken Holland getting fired ( he was once looked at as one if not the best GM in the NHL). I get it, but let it go and really want the Red Wings to get better. Moving forward the draft can be a crapshoot most of the time, with so many picks we have to hope one or two stand out down the road. My guess is Hughes, any of the following is ok.

1. Eklund

2. hughes

3. Clarke

4. Johnson

5. Gunther

Comment

• It doesn't matter who they pick. They'll be buried in GR so long that by the time they get up to the Wings, it'll be time to trade 'em for the next rebuild.

Comment

• I'd love Hughes as he has size and can move with the puck. Its a reach that he could even make it to us but I'd love to draft him. Truthfully I doubt the Devils will pass on him since they have his brother on the squad as well.

After Hughes, I like McTavish' game but snagging one of the elite defensemen @ #6 would be wise as they'll have better value for forwards @ #23. Either way the Wings will have 2 1st rounders and a couple 2nd rounders to grab some decent talent. I like the direction of the team.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah I Like Hughes also as long as he's healthy he has injury trouble in the past, might scare Yzerman away from taking him.

It doesn't matter who they pick. They'll be buried in GR so long that by the time they get up to the Wings, it'll be time to trade 'em for the next rebuild.

I agree with the first part when you have one the first six picks you never know who's going to stand out without a Sid the Kid or McDavid available, which is rare. I'm sure it will be a defenseman. I like the way things are going, and if anybody can do it it's Yzerman. Just takes so long in the situation he was brought into. I don't think I could handle another rebuild even if I was still around.
                                Last edited by WingsFan; July 23, 2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X