No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hockey draft is always wild because these dudes are still kids. Some of them look exactly like the 17 year olds they are.

Comment

• I liked Chaz Lucius at 15 ... but their picks were solid. That goalie had dominant junior numbers, and the defenseman was a guy I often saw going 3rd overall
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
        Ok a Detroit team is on the clock, time for commercial breaks and segments about other teams.
        I said the same thing. I even predicted it. BTW. The NHL drafty format SUCKS big time. They take way to long to announce picks. Too many people involcved in the process who have to say their BS before passing it to the next guy who does the same before actually announcing the pick.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• This is great.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...861967&__cft__
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I know one one-millionth of what Steve Yzerman knows about hockey, but the Wings' draft through 3 rounds has been kind of underwhelming. Ended up with way less picks than they had a couple weeks ago, and I don't see how they improved the offense. Guess they have improved defensively and in net tho, so trust in Steve I suppose
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I love the fact that Stevie Y is using his draft capital to trade up and get the players that he wants. Screw sitting still, move up and get your players.

I would have preferred Brandt Clarke @6 as his offensive game is more polished but I have no problem with Edvinsson.

Was REALLY surprised they took Cossa over Jesper but Cossa is Uber athletic for his size. I hope the kid turns into a star but I’m glad they swung for the fences. Stevie Y stole that pick from DC. Its house money at that point
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If you are drafting for current needs in the NHL draft I'd argue you're doing it wrong.

As for the players themselves think it comes down to the guys they took in the first having fantastic athleticism for their size. If guys are pretty close on potential then why not grab the bigger stronger athletes especially for a defenseman. Edvinsson is probably a lot closer to being able to call up without being a defensive liability too.

They have a ton of cap now and this years FA class is probably the deepest we are going to see for a while unless a new CBA changes things down the road. The one year deals guys signed last year with the pandemic uncertainty has deepened an otherwise often shallow FA pool.

Comment

If you are drafting for current needs in the NHL draft I'd argue you're doing it wrong.
                  How would you do it then? FA is a joke and picks take 2-3 years to hit the NHL. Picks from 2 years ago still haven’t sniffed the NHL. And that’s every team not just the Wings
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You pick BPA

Comment

• Yup. That’s exactly what Holland did and every year it was the best forward that fell to them. That’s why Stevie Y had zero young puck moving defensemen to build around and he’s used most of our top draft capital on defensemen.

In hockey holes in your talent don’t get fixed by not drafting for need at some point.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• You don't make any sense, you are arguing about drafting for need but then saying all of these picks are at least two years aways. How are you forecasting the big club's need three seasons into the future?

Comment

If you are drafting for current needs in the NHL draft I'd argue you're doing it wrong.

As for the players themselves think it comes down to the guys they took in the first having fantastic athleticism for their size. If guys are pretty close on potential then why not grab the bigger stronger athletes especially for a defenseman. Edvinsson is probably a lot closer to being able to call up without being a defensive liability too.

They have a ton of cap now and this years FA class is probably the deepest we are going to see for a while unless a new CBA changes things down the road. The one year deals guys signed last year with the pandemic uncertainty has deepened an otherwise often shallow FA pool.
                          All of this is based on the presumption, without any evidence, that Chris Ilitch has any intention whatsoever of spending significant money on either team he owns.

Spoiler alert; he doesn't. I fully expect the Red Wings to flirt more with the salary floor than the salary cap.

Comment

• Military followed by a career at a business based off military standards.
                            The ironic thing is it wasn't until AFTER I left that company that they relaxed standards.
                            And since then? Wings have been moot - irrelevant. Can't grow a playoff beard if they don't make the playoffs.

Oh yeah, I figured it was your job or career you're probably going to have to wait till 2023 though :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

All of this is based on the presumption, without any evidence, that Chris Ilitch has any intention whatsoever of spending significant money on either team he owns.

Spoiler alert; he doesn't. I fully expect the Red Wings to flirt more with the salary floor than the salary cap.
                              I didn't make any presumptions either way, you have. I'm just saying what would be a smart move.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                You don't make any sense, you are arguing about drafting for need but then saying all of these picks are at least two years aways. How are you forecasting the big club's need three seasons into the future?
                                Bro. Only a handful of draft picks get drafted and make the NHL in the 1st season and those are generally generational talents. It takes several seasons for 18 year olds to make the NHL. Its like expecting the Tigers to thrust Jobe into the rotation next season. It doesn't happen in MLB or the NHL.

From the 2019 NHL draft only 22 have played in the NHL. Of those 22 players 12 have played in 10 or fewer games. That's out of 217 picks

From the 2020 NHL draft 4 players have played an NHL game and 1 of those players seen the lineup for just 6 games. That's out of 217 picks

That's damn near 95% haven't seen the NHL.

So yes... its going to take at least 2 years and eventually you have to draft for need. Glaring holes don't get fixed overnight as FA is nonexistent. This is why Steve Yzerman has drafted defense top heavy in 2 of the 3 drafts he's been the HMFIC
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X