No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.. I wasn’t expecting this kind of movement the first day. Respectable signings all around.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Wow.. I wasn’t expecting this kind of movement the first day.
      Well, 🤷‍♂️, it’s slippy out there.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Interesting that the Lions (Josh Paschal) and Red Wings (Olli Maatta) both acquired players who had cancer at 20 or less years of age. Not implying anything, it's just something rarely seen in pro athletes
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I was told you couldn't get anything in free agency.

Comment

• No one said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
              No one said that.
              Uhhh... yes, they did. We were frequently told free agency was a barren wasteland.

Comment

• Not by me, I frequently said you can't get a quick fix to a rebuild from it. No one they signed is a star. Role players are typically what you get. That's what they got. None of them on big contracts.

Comment

• Well, I'm pleased. Stars are guys who are consistent. Winning helps. We're better then we were.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Uhhh... yes, they did. We were frequently told free agency was a barren wasteland.
                    All the time in this thread. It's about time the Wings did something other than saying, "This shit takes time."

Comment

• Exactly what kind of talents do you think they just signed? These guys wouldn't carry a team. The wings best players will still be their homegrown guys. They are a piece of the puzzle that doesn't make sense to go get until you hit on some youth which is exactly what happened. If you think signings like this would make them winners without hitting on guys like Raymond, Seider then you're beyond clueless. You'd be pointlessly gimping your lottery chances while still not competing. Not having a high enough pick to take either Raymond or Seider or Edvinsson.

Comment

• They’re trolling you bro. Resist the temptation to argue.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I love the Ben Chiarot signing. The years and money standpoint is a little crazy but hopefully it’ll help alleviate the cheap shots Larkin and Raymond were taking last season.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                            Exactly what kind of talents do you think they just signed? These guys wouldn't carry a team. The wings best players will still be their homegrown guys. They are a piece of the puzzle that doesn't make sense to go get until you hit on some youth which is exactly what happened. If you think signings like this would make them winners without hitting on guys like Raymond, Seider then you're beyond clueless. You'd be pointlessly gimping your lottery chances while still not competing. Not having a high enough pick to take either Raymond or Seider or Edvinsson.
                            No shit Sherlock, nobody in this thread ever claimed that Yzerman needed to sign superstars. You need to find players other than just drafting players and waiting for them to turn into men. When the Wings won those 4 cups their main stars were homegrown, but the front office was always able to find veterans to augment them. These 5 players improve their depth immensely. They were short about 4 defenseman last year and they didn't have hardly any good defensive forwards, it made them terrible defensively. This should help. I think people who are sensitive to the criticism of the Wings didn't watch or listen to any of the games then last few years.

Jad doesn't like any criticism of the Yzerplan, if you listened to him, free agency was worthless anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              I love the Ben Chiarot signing. The years and money standpoint is a little crazy but hopefully it’ll help alleviate the cheap shots Larkin and Raymond were taking last season.
                              The Red Wings were listed as the #1 winners in free agency on ESPN.com. So that is good, a lot of progress for them. Time to start at least competing for the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

The Red Wings were listed as the #1 winners in free agency on ESPN.com. So that is good, a lot of progress for them. Time to start at least competing for the playoffs.
                                We’ll see. They’re definitely making a step in the right direction but they fooled me last year. They were playing really gutty hockey for stretches in the 20/21 season. I thought they’d for sure they’d be knocking on the playoff door but last season was not good at all.

Blashill should have been let go years ago. Il
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X