No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope it's ammo for getting established guys in the league. The Captain has a bucket of quality picks now. I wonder if he already has something lined up? Fingers crossed.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Didnt realize that Bertuzzi was unrestricted free agent after the season...It was good he got something for him at least.

Comment

• It's a good return for someone you didn't want to sign, but what is the timetable? But just accumulating picks is not some guarantee of anything. If you actually use the picks to draft the prospects, it's maybe a sign the Yzerplan fruition is put off a few more years into the future. It seems like he has years and years of patience from the fan base.

Bertuzzi is a guy you want in the playoffs, but you have to be asking yourself how old would he be when they finally get to the playoffs, let alone be a contender. And let's not overrate Bertuzzi, he had 4 goals and 10 assists in 29 games this year.

Comment

• Bertuzzi was gone after this year anyway. I'm glad we got something for him.
          All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• I can't believe all the stuff thats come out about Babcock. I knew he was a tough coach but I didn't know he was a complete son of bitch. From the sounds of things FA's avoided us like the plague because he was in Detroit. He sounds like a complete dick.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They keep trading real players for 17 year old draft picks. The Yzerman plan or whatever has always been a charade.

Comment

• We drafted Hronek, the guy was good, and then traded him for more picks. There is no plan.

Comment

• I think the got great value in both trades. We will see what they do with them. They might not even be done yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                    I think the got great value in both trades. We will see what they do with them. They might not even be done yet.
                    It depends

Hronek is young, moves the puck well and isn’t too terrible defensively. He shoots right and has another year on his deal while under the Wings thumb for a few years after that. That’s fairly valuable in the NHL for a defensemen. If it’s for a mid teens pick it’s not great IMO.

but. We didn’t get the Canucks pick we got the Islanders pick which is protected this year and unprotected next season. If the Islanders fall off the board (they will) the Red Wings might get a premium pick out of this.

Im not sure if I’d have made that deal but Stevie Y must think Simon Edvinsson might be readier sooner rather than later. If that’s the case it was smart.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Truthfully if you look at what Arizona got for Chychrun it’s a steal. That kid is superior to Hronek and they only netted an extra 2nd to go along with the first rounder. Hell I’d have preferred the Wings bought Chychrun
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I do think Edvinsson playing very well for the Griffins recently helps them make thar decision on Hronek. There doesn't appear to be adjustment hiccups for him.

Comment

• I’ve never liked Hronek but he’s been good. It really depends on what that pick ends up being. If it’s a top 5-10 we might have screwed them. If not then we gave a decent piece of the puzzle away and screwed ourselves
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It will really only look bad if Edvinsson flops at the NHL level. If Edvinsson plays to his potential then Hronek was gonna get pushed to third pairing. Trading now while his value was high could end up being a very good move.

Comment

• Red Wings fire sale complete.with two more trades today. Vrana for a minor leaguer and a 7th round pick. Sundquist for a 4th round pick. Feel the excitement.

Comment

• They traded proven 25 and 28 year old dudes who came up in the organization. They traded them for 17 year olds. Literally to turn into the guys they traded. It’s all very bizarre.

The Yzerman plan or whatever has always been a sham. People just give these icon types a total pass because they remember the past. It’s all bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X