No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “I don't see why you'd trade a 2nd round pick for a guy to hit the salary floor ... just sign anybody”

True.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Maybe a mentor and pairing for Seider. I guess worst case is you just flip the guy at the deadline. Best case is you extend him.

Is he any good? I’ve heard various takes.
      Ya know how badly the Duncan Keith trade blew up in Edmonton's face?

Leddy is very similar in production to him. This trade makes very little sense unless you think he's going to find that small spark of production in these last playoffs for an entire season, which would be absolutely dick-in-a-wall-socket stupid.

Comment

• I don’t follow hockey for shit. Watched maybe 3 Wings games this year and it was very painful. I’ve honestly never heard of this guy, but I follow hockey like I follow Nascar.

I don’t.

Comment

• King that was a very informative post. Thanks for sharing
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Who else would it be? Those would be our best dmen by far.
            That's an indictment of the franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

That's an indictment of the franchise.
              You’re completely right. Holland ignored the position for YEARS. I have no idea what he was thinking
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Fills a need for a solid veteran defenseman and a powerplay guy. Your 2 most talented defenseman will likely be Seider and Hronek. I don't think you'd want to pair them together at their experience levels.

There is a very good chance he outplays that pick value. Even if he doesn't do amazing he likely still provides similar or better return at the deadline next year if he's at least decent.

I think people are overvaluing the late 2 in this trade because Panik certainly isn't a big deal to lose. I think this is a win-win trade for both teams.

Comment

• A lot of fans don't understand Teams have to unload players for cheaper prices or risk losing them for nothing to Seattle. Leddy is good at moving the puck, he had a very good playoff run. He is only 30, his weakness is defensive breakdowns. Leddy ranked 34th on this list (provided by the Edmonton Journal) of top scoring and most trusted NHL d-men for 2021. Duncan Keith didn't even make the list and Holland still Fucked that up, people in Edmonton are not happy, oh well - Kenny is their problem now. What I like is getting rid of dead weight Richard Panik whatever Yzerman's plans are with Leddy. Its not like this is a blockbuster move, just moving pawns on the board.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YW4/edit#gid=0
                  Last edited by WingsFan; July 18, 2021, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Looks like Stecher will be gone. I'm a bit surprised Lindstrom is protected over him, has to be the difference in age. And Nick's endorsement?

The list of players Seattle will take is well stocked. No way teams to completely trade your way out of trouble with these expansion-draft rules. Past all-stars, current team captains and promising young pros. More big names with contracts to match available than Vegas saw during their expansion draft. Tight-money, flat-cap environment and the fresh memory of mistakes made four years earlier. Carey Price and Max Domi jump out to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      A lot of fans don't understand Teams have to unload players for cheaper prices or risk losing them for nothing to Seattle. Leddy is good at moving the puck, he had a very good playoff run. He is only 30, his weakness is defensive breakdowns. Leddy ranked 34th on this list (provided by the Edmonton Journal) of top scoring and most trusted NHL d-men for 2021. Duncan Keith didn't even make the list and Holland still Fucked that up, people in Edmonton are not happy, oh well - Kenny is their problem now. What I like is getting rid of dead weight Richard Panik whatever Yzerman's plans are with Leddy. Its not like this is a blockbuster move, just moving pawns on the board.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YW4/edit#gid=0
                      Here's the problem, the Islanders didn't really unload him for a "cheaper price." Hell, they FLEECED Detroit here. Leddy is garbage. He will be worse garbage the further he gets on the wrong side of 30. The Islanders should have been lucky to get anything at all, much less a 2nd.

But hey, good thing his biggest weakness is defensive breakdowns on a team with a critical flaw of routine defensive... break... downs...

Nah, no problem here!
                      Last edited by chemiclord; July 18, 2021, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Pretty much split with Red Wings fans some hate it, mostly fans who have the hot takes and are mad most of the time. Some like It, I have read it's a good move by most of the beat writers. I myself don't really think anyone can say it moves the needle, I would have kept the draft pick myself. Still not a big deal.

Comment

• Holland is going to truly screw up the Oilers. What a shitbag
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            Pretty much split with Red Wings fans some hate it, mostly fans who have the hot takes and are mad most of the time. Some like It, I have read it's a good move by most of the beat writers. I myself don't really think anyone can say it moves the needle, I would have kept the draft pick myself. Still not a big deal.
                            It's a "big deal" in that the Red Wings should be getting younger. They should be calling up all this talent the optimists claim is stewing in Sweden or Germany or GR, not keeping them buried while they trade for moderately effective 30-year old point defensemen that are pretty much worthless in every other aspect of the game.

Comment

• Only time will tell, would not be surprised if Yzerman gets a second round pick back from this deal, its not like going to the playoffs next year. Its not a big deal, 5 years down the road we might say look who NY drafted.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

You’re completely right. Holland ignored the position for YEARS. I have no idea what he was thinking
                                I get it man, unlimited free pass for Yzerman, when he makes a questionable trade, blame Holland. It's a great gig if you can get it. If blaming Holland isn't enough, you can whine about the unfairness of the NHL draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X