Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

It's a "big deal" in that the Red Wings should be getting younger. They should be calling up all this talent the optimists claim is stewing in Sweden or Germany or GR, not keeping them buried while they trade for moderately effective 30-year old point defensemen that are pretty much worthless in every other aspect of the game.
    Exactly, the one thing the Wings have trained the sycophants is the players need lots and lots of seasoning in GR. Unless it's Seider and in that case he is part of the unquestioned #1 pairing with a 30 year old journeyman.

Comment

• Well I'll be dammed. lol All the armchair experts who said Yzerman fucked up leaving Stecher unprotected were....wrong. Amazing how people think THEY know better than our GM.

Trust in the Yzerplan.

Cholowski was chosen by Seattle over Wings such as defensemen Troy Stecher and Danny DeKeyser, and forwards Vladislav Namestnikov, Frans Nielsen and Evgeny Svechnikov.

The Wings’ list of protected players included fforwards Dylan Larkin, Tyler Bertuzzi, Jakub Vrana, Robby Fabbri, Adam Erne, Michael Rasmussen and Givani Smith, defensemen Hronek, Leddy, Lindstrom and goaltender Thomas Greiss.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        Well I'll be dammed. lol All the armchair experts who said Yzerman fucked up leaving Stecher unprotected were....wrong. Amazing how people think THEY know better than our GM.

Trust in the Yzerplan.

Cholowski was chosen by Seattle over Wings such as defensemen Troy Stecher and Danny DeKeyser, and forwards Vladislav Namestnikov, Frans Nielsen and Evgeny Svechnikov.

The Wings’ list of protected players included fforwards Dylan Larkin, Tyler Bertuzzi, Jakub Vrana, Robby Fabbri, Adam Erne, Michael Rasmussen and Givani Smith, defensemen Hronek, Leddy, Lindstrom and goaltender Thomas Greiss.
        You mean... like... you? I don't recall anyone else having any thoughts about it at all.

Comment

• Yes like me, I should never underestimate Yzerman, thinking I know more than he. I didn't want to lose Stecher, now Cholowski (?) Seattle can have him. Draft winner Red Wings GM Yzerman was asked about the Twitter meltdown when 'not' protecting Stecher and rolled his eyes. That was great.

Now Loops buddy Holland is about to deal his way out of a job ?

Last edited by WingsFan; July 22, 2021, 05:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

You mean... like... you? I don't recall anyone else having any thoughts about it at all.
            Everyone and their brothers were predicting that Seattle would take him.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              Yes like me, I should never underestimate Yzerman, thinking I know more than he. I didn't want to lose Stecher, now Cholowski (?) Seattle can have him. Draft winner Red Wings GM Yzerman was asked about the Twitter meltdown when 'not' protecting Stecher and rolled his eyes. That was great.

Now Loops buddy Holland is about to deal his way out of a job ?

I don't think Froot is any fan of Holland. His take is that at some point you need to stop blaming Holland for shortcomings on the current squad.

Comment

• Froot LOVESSS Holland. He acts like Stevie Y inherited a great farm team with an abundance of salary cap space. Instead he ignored d men and have lifetime contracts to Weiss, Z, Franzen etc
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• In fairness the Kraken likely made a mistake taking Cholowski over Stecher. I have serious doubts about Cholowski being able to overcome his deficiencies on defense but if he does we will be wishing they took Stecher.

That said whether it was a mistake to leave them unprotected is more about Lindstrom and his future than which one of them got grabbed.
                  Last edited by JGSpartan; July 22, 2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• I think the Kraken took a lot of guys who are way more proven than Stecher (Giordano, Larsson, Oleksiak, etc). Those guys are solid, so they prob wanted the young upside guy from somewhere
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• ALEX NEDELJKOVICG, DETROIT RED WINGS
                      Detroit has acquired Alex Nedeljkovic from Carolina in exchange for Jonathan Bernier and a third-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.

According to Nedeljkovic's agent, Rich Evans, the 25-year-old netminder has agreed to a two-year contract with the Red Wings worth an AAV of $3 million. Nedeljkovic was superb for the Hurricanes last season, while finishing third in Calder Trophy voting. He posted a 15-5-3 record with a 1.90 goals-against average, a .932 save percentage and three shutouts. Nedeljkovic also played well in the playoffs, while seeing the bulk of the action between the pipes for the Hurricanes.

SOURCE: Detroit Red Wings on Twitter
                      Jul 22, 2021, 1:58 PM ET

Comment

• Is this guy our goalie of the future? Does anything think the goalie in the draft is worth the 6th pick?

Comment

• Sounds like a great, low cost pickup that could explode.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Is this guy our goalie of the future? Does anything think the goalie in the draft is worth the 6th pick?
                            Jesper Wallstedt was the player I hoped the Wings would draft if Hughes is gone but I can’t see that now. There’s some people that think Carolina shit the bed with this trade. If he was a flash in the pan the compensation was minimal. Seems like a win / win

Stevie Y doesn’t look like he’s wanting to coast along with a long Detroit Tiger like rebuild. I’m excited to see how it plays out but he’ll need a better defense in front of him that’s for sure
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Owen Power (obviously going 1), Luke Hughes, and Chaz Lucius would be my top 3 picks
                              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Hey but we're not getting younger!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X