Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask Alexa "what was the Lions score"
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Some fun stuff in the comments section!

https://wondersofthepast.quora.com/O...story-violence https://wondersofthepast.quora.com/O...rget_type=post
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Son's just about to graduate, daughter 21 in August, which means we'll hopefully finally be coming to a game ( Well me and my son)! Looking at the Carolina game in October. Got to sit down at the weekend and go through all the different flights etc. Will probably fly into NY as daughter and Mrs want to visit there, then to Detroit, want to visit the Ford museum (mainly to see the Dymaxion house and the plastic injection moulding vending machines!). Will also do the stadium tour on the Monday. Then my son want to visit Chicago for the art museum. Will then possibly go to one other place. Will also try and look at booking some airbnb (First time doing that ) rather than hotels. Think it'll take me all day!
        AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• That's great Dean. Keep us abreast of the situation. We can have the Forum game for whichever game you come to.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• In winter only the museum is open. Not sure if the house you want to see is in the village but just check out the times for both the museum and the village

Comment

• Thanks for the info on the museum, the house is on the museum I believe, so hopefully all good. Flights booked at the weekend, bit of travelling involved in two weeks. NY, then Detroit, then Chicago, then Seattle and back to NY for the flight home. Definitely the Panthers game on the 8th (Coincidently one of two franchises i haven't seen).
              3 different domestic airlines s I'l have a nice comparison - Delta,AA and Alaska.

Will be checking travel insurance next as it's a lot of money to lose! Currently have some but might need to upgrade.

Will also be looking into game to game tickets also, I know a lot of people have said every seat is a good seat., but I think I'll still try and look for something in the lower tier if possible, unless anyone can recommend a particular area? I've sat in most spaces at the London games each brings something different. Seems i might have to buy official resale ones although I'll try emailing the ticket office first maybe.

Then I need to book accommodation, won't have a car so looking at Downtown, would that be the best place?

My son wanted to make something out of wood when he was home for Christmas, he was either studying or partying so still hasn't finished his, but I've done mine, bit of bleed with the blue dye but I can live with it :-

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              AAL Quintez Cephus
              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• gorgeous!
                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                  Thanks for the info on the museum, the house is on the museum I believe, so hopefully all good. Flights booked at the weekend, bit of travelling involved in two weeks. NY, then Detroit, then Chicago, then Seattle and back to NY for the flight home. Definitely the Panthers game on the 8th (Coincidently one of two franchises i haven't seen).
                  3 different domestic airlines s I'l have a nice comparison - Delta,AA and Alaska.

Will be checking travel insurance next as it's a lot of money to lose! Currently have some but might need to upgrade.

Will also be looking into game to game tickets also, I know a lot of people have said every seat is a good seat., but I think I'll still try and look for something in the lower tier if possible, unless anyone can recommend a particular area? I've sat in most spaces at the London games each brings something different. Seems i might have to buy official resale ones although I'll try emailing the ticket office first maybe.

Then I need to book accommodation, won't have a car so looking at Downtown, would that be the best place?

My son wanted to make something out of wood when he was home for Christmas, he was either studying or partying so still hasn't finished his, but I've done mine, bit of bleed with the blue dye but I can live with it :-

Love this and want a set!!
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Stadium is located downtown. If you don’t want to pay a lot I would recommend an Airbnb near downtown.
                    however there are hotels within walking distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                      Stadium is located downtown. If you don’t want to pay a lot I would recommend an Airbnb near downtown.
                      however there are hotels within walking distance.
                      Thanks, booked an apartment for 5 nights downtown!
                      AAL Quintez Cephus

Comment

• You're welcome to stay here Dean.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• You’ll end up being best friends or hating each other after 5 days 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            You're welcome to stay here Dean.
                            Thanks DanO I think we are all ok with the downtown apartment, but if it all goes wrong .....

Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                            You’ll end up being best friends or hating each other after 5 days 😂
                            Are you talking about DanO or the Family 😂

Just checking out the tickets now, need to get two, not many official ones left! Bandwaggoners!
                            AAL Quintez Cephus

Comment

• Well didn’t think about the family angle but I’ve heard that family is like fish and starts to smell after a few days 🙂

Comment

• Hey there, Dean. Great news you and family heading to the USA for a holiday (Thats vacation for Jaadam) …… should generate some decent pictures, especially at Ford Field or a potential tailgate. 👌

I am remembering Bill (The Cat) and his family pictures thread. (RIP Bill) ……. And i remember very well from these photos one of DanO cuddling his air rifle! Just mind how you go buddy ———->> you don’t want to be the next Netflix documentary!!

Calm yerself, Dano Boy……. Joking!
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X