TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic: TV Thread

Wow @ the results of American Idol. No way did I think that would happen. I figured the teens of America would call and text a million times a piece to get Archulata crowned.

The finale was pretty good. Lots of singing, which is what I like. But I question some of the guests. It seemed like an 80s theme. Bryan Adams? Donna Summer? George Michael? ZZ Top?

Last Comic Standing starts up tonight!
    #birdsarentreal

Brian Dunkelman (co-host during season 1) alleges that the phone call ins don't mean a damn thing. It's all fixed

I can't wait for LCS. It's one of my favorites.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

A co-workers (Cash Cab Sam) daughter went for a try out on 'Last Comic Standing'. But they failed to account for how many people would turn out for a try out. By the time she got to perform, they already had a full slate of contestants. She did however, get to do a minute and a half routine for them instead of a full three minutes.
      Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

I like LCS. In these early rounds I often disagree with who gets picked but I'm sure with editing I'm not seeing the potential the judges are seeing. The guy who did impressions at the AZ tryouts (and moved on) was awesome.
        "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

Rom,
          Mrs. SLF and I saw him live a few months back at the "Seattle international comedy competition." He's funny, but he's doing a constant Dane Cook impersonation IMO...

Comment

He reminded me of Dane Cook, until he started doing impressions.

Rommy, I agree, there were some other comics I would have liked to see go on to the next round.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
              Rom,
              Mrs. SLF and I saw him live a few months back at the "Seattle international comedy competition." He's funny, but he's doing a constant Dane Cook impersonation IMO...
              Why would a comic impersonate someone as unfunny (is that a word?) as Dane Cook? |

Must be satire or something...
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

The LOST finale was pretty darned spectacular.

Comment

Yep!!! (Finally watched it)
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

Yep Rom.

btw,For those that don't know, Jeremy Bentham was an english philosopher who didn't necessarily believe in natural law or personal rights, unlike John Locke. He was the main proponent of Utilitarianism, which gave way to collectivist thought.

You may think Dane Cook is unfunny, but he makes tons of money as a comic.

Comment

You may think Dane Cook is unfunny, but he makes tons of money as a comic.
                      Yeah, and Laverne and Shirley was a huge hit tv show and it wasn't funny either...
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

It's funny the hate Dane Cook gets. I had never heard of him till he hosted SNL a year or two ago. He was a riot.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

I dont know why people dont like him. I think he's funny as shit
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Re: Last Comic Standing

I thought the guy in Nashville who did the Deliverence bit was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by romster View Post
                              Re: Last Comic Standing

I thought the guy in Nashville who did the Deliverence bit was hilarious.
                              I was REALLY distracted by his ears!!!
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                              X