No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Kelly Preston was something else. I still remember the trailer for Mischief. She was smoking a hot.

Comment

• Seinfeld is back on Netflix. I feel whole again.

Comment

• FINALLY watching "The Sopranos."
        A TV series that some people consider as one of the greatest, but I was too young to get into it at the time.
        Couple episodes in... yeah, I buy the praise. James Gandolfini's acting is outstanding. The drama has sucked me in... that's a good sign early on.
        "The Wire" is next in a few months for me.

"Arcane" on Netflix.
        Incredible. I haven't watched anime since my young teen years, but had to check this out given the reviews (uh, 9.4 IMDB + 100% Rotten Tomatoes) and subject. It's based on the video game League of Legends. Popular game during my college years. It probably is the best video game adaptation... ever? Sorry "Super Mario Bros". (1993) ​ Highly recommend.
        Netflix with "Arcane" and "Squid Games" in the last couple of months... damn. Pretty good.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Does anyone watch Succession? My friends keep pushing me to see it.

Comment

• I just went back and saw what Cody Russell posted about Succession. My friends say Season 3 of Succession is one of the best seasons of any show ever. They said the first season is kind of slow and it really picks up in Season 2.

Comment

• Breaking Bad to me is the best ever and it’s not even close. GoT was pretty great in places as well.

Succession was good but I wouldn’t consider it a master piece. Some of the characters are pretty hilarious. It’s worth the watch.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Seinfeld and Married With Children are my favorite comedies. Breaking Bad easily my favorite drama
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Seinfeld was the all time best comedies. At one point they were complete perfection. Thursday’s used to be amazing with Cheers and Seinfeld.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• "Dexter: New Blood"
                    Doubt my opinion about the season changes with 2 episodes left. Big fan of the original "Dexter." Particularly seasons 1, 2, and 4. The series was left on a sour note as season 8 was very underwhelming. Was excited to see what they could do several years later to restart the series. Dexter: New Blood is basically season 9.
                    Dexter: New Blood is decent. I'm enjoying it, but there are several holes when it comes to character decisions and writing in general. The main villain is northing special. Too much time is spent on Dexter's less interesting son. Ultimately, it's a safe, adequate, and predictable restart that will entertain you ... if you loved Dexter that is. It's nothing special and can't compare to the peak seasons of Dexter. It won't piss you off like season 8, but probably belongs next to seasons 5, 6, and 7 when it comes to quality. If season 8 ended like this, I probably would have been happy with the series ending that way.

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                    I just went back and saw what Cody Russell posted about Succession. My friends say Season 3 of Succession is one of the best seasons of any show ever. They said the first season is kind of slow and it really picks up in Season 2.
                    "Succession" is excellent. One of few active TV series that is a must watch week-to-week IMO. It gets better every season. Highly recommend.

"Breaking Bad" was that way too. It kept getting better every season. Succession isn't as great (/or goat-like) as Breaking Bad. I still believe Breaking Bad is the best series of all time top to bottom. Still... it's possible Succession is one of the 5 or 10 greatest drama series I've ever seen. That said... Succession is truly a dramedy. Drama with comedic elements.

The best series of the last 5 years or so:
                    "True Detective" season 1, "Westworld" season 1, "Succession" season 2 and 3, "Chernobyl" mini-series 1, "Game of Thrones" season 6, "Arcane" season 1, "The Leftovers" season 3, "Barry" seasons 1 and 2.
                    Noting... I've hardly watched any new movies and have replaced that with watching old TV series like "Homeland" and "The Sopranos." TV Series > Movies nowadays.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah I forgot about season 1 of True Detective. It was excellent
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Expanse is halfway through it's final season. It is is too short for a last season. It has been excellent all throughout it's run. My favorite series since Justified.

Comment

• Succession is a fun watch. Great writing and characters. It does have a bit of an Entourage vibe to me in that literally nothing happens. It’s fun and enjoyable to watch, but it’s just sort of filler.

For anyone who has watched it. We’re done with season 3 and what exactly has happened?

Nothing!

Comment

• Cousin Greg is an all time TV character for me. That dude just cracks me up. That actor does a great job.

Comment

• I miss Homeland. Ozark is set to return next month.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                                Cousin Greg is an all time TV character for me. That dude just cracks me up. That actor does a great job.
                                Tom and Greg are hilarious together
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X