TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Comic Book Guy - Are you subscribing to Disney+?
    Who and what is a comic book guy?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Who and what is a comic book guy?
      177633dc-simpsons.jpg
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Any Letterkenny fans in the house?

Cuz they gave Shorsey a spin-off

Comment

• I just watched the 5th episode of Obi Wan. I thought it was awesome. Can’t wait to see the finale.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Star Wars for Disney has been an unabashed success. If it keeps people subscribing to Disney+, that's all that matters. Same for a GOT prequel for HBO or LOTR Amazon. It's all CGI pulp fiction designed to generate revenue. If you keep on pushing out content, which they need to do, it is going to be hit and miss. I'm sure they want every series to be top notch, but more importantly they want the series delivered on time.
            I think people hold Star Wars up to Empire strikes back. Specially the hardcore Star Wars fans. They look at the prequels and sequels and they think these don't fit SW. Kids growing up on Prequels have an even harder time with the sequels. ANH was passibly acted and ok directed. RotJ was just plain silly at points though the improvements of the cast through ESB seem to carry over. The sequels either tried to recreate the past that it can't see its own failures coming or like TLJ tries to be so different it angered people. The Prequals was either boring at the start, or terribly acted by some of the best actors of several generations, and terribly directed throughout.

The best part of Star Wars has always been combat, special effects, and diverse aliens/ship designs/sets. Trying to make Star Wars anything then other than that, to hold it up against ESB, will mean you can't enjoy it.

As someone that loved the OT, didn't like the prequels, somewhat enjoyed the sequels, and read about 20 years of the books before they jumped the shark (slammed a moon into Chewbacca). The TV shows have been some of the best and easiest to enjoy SW since OT. Some times like Boba Fett being a bit soft for his show, or Leia kid kind of being a bit of drag in Obi-wan. Its easier for them to give us the SW we should actually be looking for.
            AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• This certainly has the look of the original LOTR movies. The look of smart use of practical effects over a CGI fest of The Hobbit trilogy.

Now the big question is did they get the writing and narrative right… The first two TV series I was looking forward this year disappointed.
              - Dexter New Blood. Terrible ending after a good start.
              - Kenobi. The writing is so shaky. Gaffes, plot conveniences galore, and plot holes. (Note: I’ve only watched 4 out of the 6 episodes)

Don’t f*** this up, The Rings of Power….
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I can’t finish Kenobi. It’s terrible
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I actually didn't like it much. AT FIRST. But I have watched enough series to know you have to get to the end to get to knowing how everything ties in. And the end was really good and shows how SW Episode #4 came about.

The AA gal that plays a villain in the story said she gets a lot of death threats because of the character. People are crazy.

BTW, the kid is a mirror of Lea (sp?) feisty adult self which we have become accustom to. Some people just don't like to see it in a kid.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I admittingly, watch a lot of Sci-fi and Action. If you don't like blood and guts, this list is not for you. My sisters always say I am such a guy film watcher. Whatever... Lemme see..

Series I like lately:
                    The Umbrella Academy - Super Powered Kids who either save the world or end it. What will it be?
                    The Boys - In a world where Supes and politics meet, can anyone stand up to Earth's greatest hero/narcist/evil guy, HOMELANDER
                    Stranger Things - Can the kids save the world? Who is Eleven?
                    The Terminal List - By Chris Prat. Starring Chris Pratt. Who is behind what is happening to the war veteran Navy Seal?
                    Better Call Saul - 6 years before he meets Walter White, how does Jimmy McGill turn into Saul Goodman. Easily one of the best prequels I have ever seen.
                    Westworld
                    The Old Man - a good story so far. Can ex-CIA agent Dan Chase (Jeff Bridges), retire and just live his life? The action scenes are more realist and gritty then most shows. The sound of 2 guys killing each other at times feels akin to nails on a chalkboard, but I like the realism. AND LOVE HIS DOGS! Great Drama-Action. Also starring John Lithgow (one of my favorite actors)
                    Last edited by Futureshock; July 15, 2022, 10:53 AM.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I gave up on Saul early, is it good?
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah. It got a lot better the more it's gone on. A lot of the characters from Breaking Bad are introduced and you get to see why he pointed ol Walter to certain people. Even how certain "facilities" were built or came into the picture. It's one of my favorite shows currently.

It'd be awesome if they ended this at the point that he met Walter.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          I gave up on Saul early, is it good?
                          You would really like the Terminal List. Each episode is almost a small movie. Although, for you, it may hit a little close to home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                            I actually didn't like it much. AT FIRST. But I have watched enough series to know you have to get to the end to get to knowing how everything ties in. And the end was really good and shows how SW Episode #4 came about.

The AA gal that plays a villain in the story said she gets a lot of death threats because of the character. People are crazy.

BTW, the kid is a mirror of Lea (sp?) feisty adult self which we have become accustom to. Some people just don't like to see it in a kid.
                            People making those threats are dumbasses. It’s a shame because part of it is likely to be racially motivated. Similar to when people made threats to the Rose actress from SW: The Last Jedi. I’m guessing it’s a very small minority of people that have made those comments. Dozens perhaps. Still, uncalled for. Dumbasses to attack someone personally.

It does take away from the fact that Reva is actually a poorly written character haha. IMHO.
                            To get specific… I think Reva is one note and an unlikeable douchebag 4 episodes in. Maybe that changes after I watch the last two episodes of the series. TBD there.

It’s not like it’s just Reva. There are several poorly written characters in this series. Disney Star Wars in general. I’m pretty bummed out with this series based on the hype building up to it. Reminds me of the writing of “Game of Thrones” season 8 with all of the plot holes and stupid character decisions.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Wow, I’ve enjoyed Obi Wan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                Wow, I’ve enjoyed Obi Wan.
                                The last couple of episodes pulls it all together

Cody, watch the last couple. If you've gone this far, you might as well watch the best episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X