No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished the first season of Succession. Wow, that family is something else. Lol

Comment

• Oh it gets crazier.

Brian Cox Game GIF by SuccessionHBO

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Anyone watch House of the Dragon? I think it’s really good but it’s missing the Tearyn Lannister levity. It’s all serious and crazy people. GoT was great because it had balance

It’s been really good so far. They’re 3 for 3 on the episodes. Hope it continues and they build to some high drama peak moments in the back half of the season.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The 3rd episode was really good. Pretty slow start

Comment

• I think I figured out “House of the Dragon.”
          It’s basically GoT season 7. Enjoyable, but too fast paced with the time jumps. The fast pace takes away from developing some characters to be fully fleshed out. It’s not GoT season 8 because it doesn’t have the writing gaffes.

Ultimately, well worth! It’s not peak GoT though.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I started watching GoT again and season 1 is so damned good. I remember it being a slow burn but it was good from the get go
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Just watched the documentary Facing Nolan on Netflix.

Not too long and just a fun look at Nolan Ryan’s career….it includes a cool story about when nolan tossed a no-no vs the tigers. The last tigers player up to bat (Norm Cash maybe?) broke off a leg from a table in the clubhouse and brought it up to bat with, when the ump told him he couldn’t use it…he responded that no one was going to hit this kid anyway.

Comment

• Ha!!
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The content is not owned by me and credit goes to the respective owners. No copyright infringement intended. This is for entertaining purposes only.From the ...

This is TV. Back story ... he took a tranquilizer before cuz he was afraid to fly ... so was tired at this party
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    My house is nearly 100 years old and is the design has exactly one spot where a TV can go. In that spot the best is a 40 inch TV.
                    Welp. Time to get a new house.

Priorities man!

Hey, whatabout the ceiling?
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I thought it was great the first time, better the second time through. It stands up well. I remember not liking the season where Tony was in a coma very much. I have not gotten to that point yet. We'll see if it improved with age...

A lot of shows now are much more of a slow burn. Many episodes of newer shows leave you wanting, you know, "give me some fucking answers". I guess new shows are more meant to be binged. The Sopranos left you anticipating the next episode, but but not because the last one left you empty. More along the lines of wanting to see what happens next.
                      Hey man, my box set is in a real box (Oak). There were some that came with a gun, but I chose not to pay an extra $50-$100 (whatever it was back then) for a plastic gun.

The coolest box set I have is the Freddy vs Jason series. It's half and half with the middle being the death match movie. When you look at all the cases together, they make the case of the vs movie.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'm on the end of season 2 of GOT. It's ok. A bunch of dumb sh!t so far.

Comment

• I’m halfway through the 3rd season of Succession. Crazy stuff. Some of the lines in this are just killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZP6kykyTZI

This is TV. Back story ... he took a tranquilizer before cuz he was afraid to fly ... so was tired at this party
                            Loved him.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• I generally love true-crime dramas (and documentaries)…loved the staircase (doc not movie), loved Mindhunter.

But I couldn’t get past 2 episodes of Dahmer. Don’t get me wrong, it’s well made and I like the kid they got to play the part…..but delving into J Dahmer is too much.

The subject matter is too creepy…I can’t do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                                I generally love true-crime dramas (and documentaries)…loved the staircase (doc not movie), loved Mindhunter.

But I couldn’t get past 2 episodes of Dahmer. Don’t get me wrong, it’s well made and I like the kid they got to play the part…..but delving into J Dahmer is too much.

The subject matter is too creepy…I can’t do it.
                                I can’t watch it too… have a feeling it would make me feel sick. Unless someone truly recommends it, no thanks.
                                Gotta feeling it would make me feel sick like watching the movie “The Human Centipede.” Disgusting experience that I totally regret.
                                It’s Halloween season and horror movies are usually entertaining, but some cross the line…
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X