No announcement yet.

TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “History of the World: Part II” is a ridiculous experience.
    Mel Brook’s sequel TV series on Hulu. I’m 3 episodes into this and will continue to watch. Though it’s very much a mixed bag with A LOT of lows and a few hilarious segments. The comedy can be a bad as something you would see on Mad TV. It’s a shame given the expectations of a Mel Brooks project. At the same time, going to continue to watch because the highs of the series are pretty funny.

Mixed bag. Ultimately, that’s what I think so far.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    For real?
    I really liked “The Last of Us” after finishing it.
    Perhaps just a tad below top notch television. Very well rounded season from beginning to end. Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey home runs as leads. They nailed the narrative, characters, and everything technical about a TV series. I wish it was one episode longer… that’s my one complaint. Not feeling completely satisfied from the season to explain that complaint.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      “History of the World: Part II” is a ridiculous experience.
      Mel Brook’s sequel TV series on Hulu. I’m 3 episodes into this and will continue to watch. Though it’s very much a mixed bag with A LOT of lows and a few hilarious segments. The comedy can be a bad as something you would see on Mad TV. It’s a shame given the expectations of a Mel Brooks project. At the same time, going to continue to watch because the highs of the series are pretty funny.

Perhaps just a tad below top notch television. Very well rounded season from beginning to end. Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey home runs as leads. They nailed the narrative, characters, and everything technical about a TV series. I wish it was one episode longer… that’s my one complaint. Not feeling completely satisfied from the season to explain that complaint.
      I agree on TLoU. Having played the game (my second favorite game ever). They did stretch out some points, the third episode especially because it expanded (and made some artistic changes) on something you more got a feel about rather than witnessed. But after the first 2 episodes it really didn't feel like the Zombies contributed to their efforts. I don't know where but towards the end I wish their was another episode where the infected acted as an obstacle and that pushed the last episode out just a little more. It could have also helped with some character building SPOILEREllie could have grown a little bit in her combat skills post dealing with the preacher.

I know why. In the game you are constantly dealing with half a dozen raiders, or a couple dozen infected. I have hated as movies and TVs just wratchet up the action at the cost of any realism (Die Hard 4 and Indiana Jones 4 come to mind, where earlier movies seemed to really attempt make it effort full and gritty). They wanted to stay away from that and use the core story beats and cutscenes. But in the end it really did take the edge off of infected even as a back drop.
      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Did anyone see the Chris Rock special? Bro lit Will Smiths Ass up.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

“History of the World: Part II” is a ridiculous experience.

Man, you may have been too kind to History of the World. I just watched the first episode and thought it was really weak overall. I got a few grins out of it and I thought the Hitler on Ice bit was funny, but overall it mostly missed the mark.

I will probably watch another episode to see if it hits a little better, but I am not optimistic.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yup. It’s mostly pretty bad after somehow getting to episode 6. Hate to say this because it was a series that I was rooting for. Huge fan of Mel Brooks.

A few funny moments mixed in with crap. I’m going to try finishing the series, but it’s not entirely enjoyable.

Recommend to pass.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Yup. It’s mostly pretty bad after somehow getting to episode 6. Hate to say this because it was a series that I was rooting for. Huge fan of Mel Brooks.

A few funny moments mixed in with crap. I’m going to try finishing the series, but it’s not entirely enjoyable.

Recommend to pass.
              Yep. Very disappointing.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I finished season one of Poker Face last night. I enjoyed every episode. It was just a bit cheesy how they set up the next season, but I guess they had to have a way to keep her on the road... And I think the "cheese factor" in most of the episodes is a part of its appeal.

Good show

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  I finished season one of Poker Face last night. I enjoyed every episode. It was just a bit cheesy how they set up the next season, but I guess they had to have a way to keep her on the road... And I think the "cheese factor" in most of the episodes is a part of its appeal.

Good show
                  I’ll give it a go
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I recommend Daisy Jones and the Six. It is kind of like This Is Us but if they filmed it about a fictitious band that is a lot like Fleetwood Mac and/or the Eagles. It has its flaws but it's pretty good. Another streaming show that is a good idea for a movie but instead is stretched out to 10 episodes. Final 2 episodes are being released tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I recommend Daisy Jones and the Six. It is kind of like This Is Us but if they filmed it about a fictitious band that is a lot like Fleetwood Mac and/or the Eagles. It has its flaws but it's pretty good. Another streaming show that is a good idea for a movie but instead is stretched out to 10 episodes. Final 2 episodes are being released tomorrow.
                      Never heard of that one either but the cover art looks cool. I'll try it too
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I recommend Daisy Jones and the Six. It is kind of like This Is Us but if they filmed it about a fictitious band that is a lot like Fleetwood Mac and/or the Eagles. It has its flaws but it's pretty good. Another streaming show that is a good idea for a movie but instead is stretched out to 10 episodes. Final 2 episodes are being released tomorrow.
                        I've had that book on my "want to read" list for a couple of years, but my library doesn't have it. I guess I will just watch the series and call it good.

I enjoyed Poker Face and its cheese, too.
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          I finished season one of Poker Face last night. I enjoyed every episode. It was just a bit cheesy how they set up the next season, but I guess they had to have a way to keep her on the road... And I think the "cheese factor" in most of the episodes is a part of its appeal.

Good show
                          I started watching it last night. I like the concept and the cast on the first episode is good.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I started watching it last night. I like the concept and the cast on the first episode is good.
                            It is very old school with a 70's murder mystery/Columbo vibe. Even the graphics are very much in line with that theme.

Comment

• We started watching Yellowjackets Saturday. We're like 3-4 episodes in and pretty hooked.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

someone else recommended this show a few hours after I saw your post, so I started it last night. Only 2 eposides in, but so far it's definitely my cup of tea.
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X