No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Wagner is gone but Dickinson stays. Wagner looks like a low lottery pick. Hard to pass up on that. I don't expect to see Livers back either. Mike Smith and Austin Davis leave as well because they are grad school players.

If Wagner does leave that will open up a scholarship for either Brooks or Brown (if they want the covid year).

So here is the question.....since you can only have one....which guy would you want back of these three Wagner (if he stays), Brooks or Chaundee Brown?
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
      I think Wagner is gone but Dickinson stays. Wagner looks like a low lottery pick. Hard to pass up on that. I don't expect to see Livers back either. Mike Smith and Austin Davis leave as well because they are grad school players.

If Wagner does leave that will open up a scholarship for either Brooks or Brown (if they want the covid year).

So here is the question.....since you can only have one....which guy would you want back of these three Wagner (if he stays), Brooks or Chaundee Brown?
      Gosh man that's a tough one. If I absolutely had to pick...I'd say Franz. Man if Franz could just become a more consistent shooter, he'd be elite. Because he does everything else so well, and really is just the ultimate swiss army knife.

He's extremely versatile, can really defend, has size/length, can pass it and is a very nice rebounder. I love both Eli and Chaundee and would welcome either back with open arms but if you're asking me to pick one, then I'd have to go with the projected NBA lottery pick. Even in spite of his disturbing propensity to disappear completely offensively from time to time (he was 11 of 50 shooting the basketball in Michigan's five losses this season...yikes).
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Wagner all day long. I know everyone is saying he's a lottery pick but I don't think he is at the moment . He's got the talent but he didn't turn into a force that I thought he would this last season. It could be attributed to not having a real PG but he didn't take that major leap like his brother or anyone should from their 1st to 2nd year with his talent.

Give him a real PG and another season and this kid could be a top 5 pick.

Wagner will be back.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• There’s always a chance Wagner could choose to come back, but it’s not because he won’t get picked high. He’s a lock in the top half of the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
            There’s always a chance Wagner could choose to come back, but it’s not because he won’t get picked high. He’s a lock in the top half of the first.
            Sure thing. That’s exactly what they told Mo Wagner after he helped carry Michigan to the championship round

He was picked 25th overall. Sorry but Franz has looked nowhere close to his potential that he could be.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Nobody was projecting Mo as a lottery pick. Literally nobody. He was a border line first rounder that likely went pro because there were teams late that said they would take him.

Comment

• If Wagner comes back it wil be in a situation like when Miles Bridges came back, Izzo was shocked and the extra year really didn't do much.for Bridges. Same thing with Wagner. Howard will definitely tell him to go,, nothing left to learn at this level.

Comment

• This Wagner high lotto talk is laughable. The body, length, and active feet are nice. He’s just way too passive for me. I don’t think he will ever be an offensive force.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    This Wagner high lotto talk is laughable. The body, length, and active feet are nice. He’s just way too passive for me. I don’t think he will ever be an offensive force.
                    He was WAY to passive this year. That’s one of the things that I was really taken back by. His slashing was valuable but lottery picks don’t defer and that’s all he did.

Dickinson always wants the rock. Wagner needs to find that. One thing that I truly believe is that Howard and Mo will give him the best advice possible.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Patrick Williams deferred, Isaac Okoro deferred, Devin Vassell deferred. Hailburton was his teams leading scorer but only average 15 pts a game on a what was a sub-500 team and wasn't contending for shit.
                      Last edited by Mainevent; April 1, 2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Man, Wolvy is some serious state of denial here, aren't they?

Wagner's gone, because he's a mid first-round lock, at least. There's an outside chance Dickenson comes back, but if he gets advice that he's a late first round selection, he's gone too. Accept it now so that you're not crying later.

Comment

• Deferring as a freshman is natural even if you are more talented and your coach wants you to be more assertive.

Comment

• Plus if you are getting the #1 recruiting class, those guys leaving is a good thing. First round picks after the freshman year is a huge feather in Howard's cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Man, Wolvy is some serious state of denial here, aren't they?

Wagner's gone, because he's a mid first-round lock, at least. There's an outside chance Dickenson comes back, but if he gets advice that he's a late first round selection, he's gone too. Accept it now so that you're not crying later.
                              Dickinson still has some things to work on. As a more throw back center---he needs to just excel in what he does so much more than if he had a 3 point shot. There is not a lot of buzz on him in the mock drafts AND I think with another year of Juwan teaching him he will take another good sized leap and leave after his sophomore year (unless he has a significant injury).
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Accept it now so that you're not crying later.
                                Crying?

Bro have some self respect. The only players that I've ever been completely bummed about losing was Webber, Rose and Howard early. There's been a handful of players in between should have stayed but I can't ever fault someone for wanting to make the leap. Howard can actually recruit blue chips as he's already scored more high ranked talent than Beilein ever did.

Michigan is in a great place.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X