No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team is a fucking joke. The Harbaugh extension is an all time Michigan sports WHAT THE FUCK moment.

Comment

• From what I read was that the extension was going to make it easier to let him go / buy him out / head to the NFL if things didn’t work out but still not screw up our recruiting and lose out on McCarthy
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Not sure if I mentioned this before but Peoples-Jones mom told a reporter that the reason Michigan is stuck in the mud was because of Harbaugh.

I don’t know how he built Stanford into a damned good football program and took the worst team in the NFL to a SB but has looked like a garbage fire at Michigan.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Never testing the edge was terrible. McNamara should have been pulled. He was clearly shook
          He didn't recover from missing that receiver in the end zone near the end of the first half.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Not sure if I mentioned this before but Peoples-Jones mom told a reporter that the reason Michigan is stuck in the mud was because of Harbaugh
            Michigan has been stuck in the mud since Rich Rod. Hiring him was a Lionesqe move.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• They've been stuck longer than that.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You can probably point to Luck as the reason Stanford did so well under Harbaugh. I don’t know how he did so well in SF.

Comment

• He's not a bad coach. In fact he's a good coach. Just not the savior or miracle man that the Michigan fanbase hoped him to be.

He took a bad Stanford team and by the time he left, they were in the Orange Bowl and ranked in the top five in the country. Took over a bad 49er team and promptly took them to 3 straight conference title games and a Superbowl. Yes, at Michigan he has failed to meet expectations -- but yet still, the program is ahead of where it was prior to his arrival. He still has three 10 win seasons at Michigan and a 9 win season.

His HC career, NFL & college football combined, is 126-62. Every stop he has been, the team got better.

And again, I'll be the first to say that he has clearly failed at UM where it has counted the most (winless against Ohio State, still no conference titles, no playoff appearances, etc.). I get that. But he's not a bad coach like a lot of people make him out to be.
                  AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Stay the course.

His resume was good, but the hype of his hire was like they were getting Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. He did get to the Super Bowl, but so did Bill Callahan and Jim Caldwell. He has been a disaster at Michigan. He has brought nothing to the table that you could use identify as innovative.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Stay the course.

His resume was good, but the hype of his hire was like they were getting Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. He did get to the Super Bowl, but so did Bill Callahan and Jim Caldwell. He has been a disaster at Michigan. He has brought nothing to the table that you could use identify as innovative.
                      In my opinion, to say he has been a "disaster" is quite a reach. As is comparing him to Bill Callahan, which I think is laughable myself. But you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm not even advocating they keep him by the way, or "stay the course" as you like to sarcastically repeat in this thread.

But a disaster? I just looked it up, and Jim has 53 wins at Michigan since he arrived in 2015.

Michigan State has won 45 games during that same span.

If Harbaugh has been an outright "disaster" at Michigan, what does that make Michigan State during that time?

Comment

• The last few years of MSU have been bad, no doubt about it. They basically pushed out Mark Dantonio. But they also have a big ten title and a CFP during that stretch. I'll still take that even if the record is worse. If you examine that Michigan record with Harbaugh, they are a front running team with a glass jaw. They haven't beat ranked teams on the road and they lose any time they are an underdog. Under Harbaugh they are a flat track bully. If you want 70 points against the Northern Illinois Huskies, he is your man.

Comment

• Okay so now we've whittled his entire Michigan tenure down to nothing more than a guy who can beat down Northern Illinois.

Did you know that he's 35-16 in the Big Ten?

Michigan State during the same span? 28 conference wins.

Michigan's conference record in the seven years prior to Harbaugh (the same length of time he has been at Michigan)? 23-35.

Look I'm with everyone that he has failed against Ohio State (obviously). He has never won the conference, so he has failed there also. But I'm sorry, I just think calling a guy a disaster or thinking he's a bad coach and headcoach reincarnation of Bill Callahan, when he has won 35 of his 51 Big Ten games, is a bit much.

Comment

Stay the course.

Are you really comparing Harbaugh taking over the worst team in the league and immediately turning them into not only a playoff team to Caldwell inheriting Peyton Manning? You’re on crack bro
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Stay the course Jad. Exaggerating how bad the Niners were prior to Jim taking over is a nice touch.

Bill Walsh was a much better coach, but he didn't do much at the college level.

Comment

Exaggerating how bad the Niners were prior to Jim taking over is a nice touch.
                                The 49ers didn't have a plus .500 season for 8 straight seasons before Jim Harbaugh arrived in San Francisco. They won 6 games the year before Harbaugh. The next three seasons, with Harbaugh, they won 13 games, 11 games and 12 games. All three seasons ended in conference championships game appearances.

I'd say that Jaad's "exaggerations" are much more accurate than the ones you've displayed (Harbaugh is another Bill Callahan or Jim Caldwell, Harbaugh is only good for beating teams like Northern Illinois) in recent posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X