No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst team in the league before Jim took over the Niners was the Lions and it wasn't even fucking close.

Comment

• Froot I like how you glossed over the fact that Caldwell had one of the best QBs the NFL has ever seen.

You’re funny bro
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• My point about Caldwell was more about a lot of average coaches have gotten to the Super Bowl. It's not that big of a deal. Jim got worked by his brother in that Super Bowl.

Stay the course

Comment

• Also at the time they made out like Harbaugh made Alex Smith into a quarterback, that's where he got the quarterback whisperer tag. In reality Alex Smith was a really good quarterback who was saddled with a bad coaching staff with Singletary as coach.

Comment

• Yeah let's examine that analogy of Harbaugh being another Jim Caldwell or Bill Callahan.

Caldwell inherited a team that had 6 straight seasons of 12 wins or more and one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the sport. Callahan took over a team that amassed 22 combined regular season wins in the previous two seasons, both of which resulted in trips to the postseason -- one of which was a conference championship game appearance.

Harbaugh took over a 6 win team who had gone 8 consecutive years without finishing above .500.

Bill Callahan's head coaching record? 20-26 in the NFL, 28-23 in on the NCAA level.

Caldwell? 64-54 in the NFL, 26-63 on the NCAA level.

Jim Harbaugh: 44-19 in the NFL. 111-49 on the NCAA level.

I think we can safely dismiss the Caldwell & Callahan comparisons now.

AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Stay the course

This is so corny. You repeat it over and over as if it's clever or something. It's not. And don't you guys have your own thread here for Michigan State? Shit over there you can repeat your "stay the course" one-liner over and over, exchange high fives and have a good laugh about it with fellow Spartan fans. What are you over here ragging on Michigan for? Do you see me hanging around in the Michigan State thread taking shots at the Spartans?
              Last edited by Niffla; September 27, 2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                Yeah let's examine that analogy of Harbaugh being another Jim Caldwell or Bill Callahan.

Caldwell inherited a team that had 6 straight seasons of 12 wins or more and one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the sport. Callahan took over a team that amassed 22 combined regular season wins in the previous two seasons, both of which resulted in trips to the postseason -- one of which was a conference championship game appearance.

Harbaugh took over a 6 win team who had gone 8 consecutive years without finishing above .500.

Bill Callahan's head coaching record? 20-26 in the NFL, 28-23 in on the NCAA level.

Caldwell? 64-54 in the NFL, 26-63 on the NCAA level.

Jim Harbaugh: 44-19 in the NFL. 111-49 on the NCAA level.

I think we can safely dismiss the Caldwell & Callahan comparisons now.

bro you’re wasting your time with this one. He’s playing dimwit to a T.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Froot's telling the wrong people to sarcastically "stay the course."

The people he SHOULD be snarking to would say, "That's exactly what we plan to do!"

Fire Harbaugh, and the search will merely be on for the next coach willing to commit to "Three Yards and a Cloud of Dust."

Comment

• I have no beef with you Niffla, I think you are a righteous dude. I don't think he has been good at Michigan. As far as the stay the course, its kind of like the litle brother stuff we see constantly in the MSU thread. All in good fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      Froot's telling the wrong people to sarcastically "stay the course."

The people he SHOULD be snarking to would say, "That's exactly what we plan to do!"

Fire Harbaugh, and the search will merely be on for the next coach willing to commit to "Three Yards and a Cloud of Dust."
                      You might be right on that, I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and they may in fact be like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        I have no beef with you Niffla, I think you are a righteous dude. I don't think he has been good at Michigan. As far as the stay the course, its kind of like the litle brother stuff we see constantly in the MSU thread. All in good fun!
                        Yeah sorry Froot. Nothing personal. I can get overly defensive sometimes.

And look, I am by no means making a case that Jim Harbaugh has been great at Michigan. Because he hasn't been. All I'm saying though is, he has not been as bad as some say either.

This is his seventh season at Michigan (one of which was a shortened 6 game covid season). His current overall record is 53-22. 35-16 in conference. The seven seasons prior to him, Michigan was 48-42 overall and 23-25 in conference play.

53-22 (35-16) is much, much preferable to 48-42 (23-35).

In many ways he has indeed failed at Michigan, but he has still improved them far ahead of where they were. And that was my original point. Everywhere he has gone, he ultimately improved his teams (Stanford, the 49ers, Michigan). He may not be Urban Meyer or Nick Saban (very few are) but he's not a bad football coach.

In the NFL & college combined, the guy is 90 games over .500. He also has five NFL playoff wins on his resume.

Jim Harbaugh is a good coach.

Comment

• Froot was trolling bro. You weren’t defensive
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• A stellar performance by M
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Haskins did to Ohio what Walker did to Michigan. I would never have thought after the spanking the Buckeyes put on Sparty that Wolvy had a chance in hell... but the Wolverines just ran it down OSU's throat and the Buckeyes had no answer at all.

Well done Wolvy. Don't let your energy waver next week against Wisconsin or Iowa (which might be REALLY hard to do), and you'll be playoff bound.

Comment

Working...
                                X