No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sounds like in THIS particular case, UofM was dragging their feet (they've had a pretty sweet deal the last couple of years, after all), and this was more to jolt the University to get a little more serious.

Comment

• Ahhhhh ok.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Talks between NCAA and Michigan crater over Jim Harbaugh’s refusal to admit to lying

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2023, 11:14 PM EST

Getty Images

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is staying put. And he’ll be dealing with a formal NCAA investigation as he does.

Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports reports that talks between the NCAA and Michigan fell apart this week, after Harbaugh refused to admit that he lied to the NCAA when asked about low-level violations.

Per the report, Harbaugh has admitted to minor violations, but he has refused to acknowledge that he was not truthful during the investigation. He said he didn’t recall the events when first questioned, but he insists he never deliberately lied.

The lying allegation raises the stakes, subjecting Harbaugh to a potential six-game suspension along with recruiting restrictions, under NCAA rules.

The official process could likely take at least a year, allowing Harbaugh to coach the team within sanction in 2023. He could then leave for the NFL in 2024, if it appears that he may lose the case against the NCAA.

Harbaugh interviewed with the Vikings last year and the Broncos this year. In both instances, he decided to stay at Michigan.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The NCAA is a joke. Give it up already bro
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Benedict Cumberbatch Movie GIF by NETFLIX

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
              Benedict Cumberbatch Movie GIF by NETFLIX
              Did you watch that movie?
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Michigan fires co-offensive coordinator Matt Weiss

Posted by Josh Alper on January 20, 2023, 3:48 PM EST

USA Today Sports

Shortly after Jim Harbaugh announced that he would be rebuffing any NFL interest and returning to Michigan as their head coach, the school put co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Matt Weiss on paid leave during a criminal investigation by university police.

The investigation involved a report of computer access crimes and the school’s athletic director Warde Manuel said in a statement Friday that Weiss has been fired.

“After a review of University policies, the athletic department has terminated the appointment of co-offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Matt Weiss,” the statement read. “Consistent with university policy, we will have no further comment on this personnel matter.”

Weiss posted a statement on Twitter after Michigan’s announcement.

“I am proud of the success we achieved over the last two seasons and grateful to all of the Michigan players, coaches, and staff. I have nothing but respect for the University of Michigan and the people who make it such a great place. I look forward to putting this matter behind me and returning my focus to the game that I love,” Weiss said.

Weiss worked for the Ravens for 12 years before joining Harbaugh’s staff in Michigan. He was promoted to co-offensive coordinator with Sherrone Moore this year. Michigan could again look to the NFL ranks to fill the opening on the offensive staff, although there are plenty of offensive coordinator jobs available at the pro level at the moment.

Comment

• John Harbaugh: I think Jim Harbaugh is probably at Michigan for life

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 2, 2023, 3:25 PM EST

Getty Images

In the last two years, former 49ers head coach — and current University of Michigan head coach — Jim Harbaugh has drawn serious interest to become a head coach again at the NFL level.

Harbaugh said late last month that he’s planning to be at Michigan as long as the program wants him. But it shouldn’t surprise anyone if Harbaugh is in the mix for another pro job next year.

At the Combine this week, Harbaugh’s brother, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh, was asked if he thinks Jim will return to the league.

“I don’t know,” John Harbaugh said in his press conference. “I feel like, again, you talk about providence too, and it’s good work; I think he’s really good about that. He talked about, ‘Make no oath for the future.’ I think he’s honest about that.

“That’s probably the difference with him and all these other guys who act like they’re not open about opportunities that come along. Jim is open about it. I think his players respect that; his coaches respect that. And he’s just an open book, man. He’s a fun guy to be around. I saw some of the Michigan guys here, [and] they just laugh about how fun it is to play there and what a good guy he is. So, I think he’s at Michigan for life, probably, but then again, maybe God’s got other plans. So, we’ll see.”

Jim Harbaugh compiled a 44-19-1 record and a 5-3 postseason record as the 49ers head coach from 2011-2014. Jim lost to his brother, John, when Baltimore beat San Francisco in Super Bowl XLVII.

Comment

• I think probably.. while every year he interviews for an NFL job. Shit gets old
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Meh. The guy just wants to know he's loved

Comment

• It’s annoying yet funny as shit all at the same time
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They llost agin at the end of the game. They have no clue how to close whether it's missing FT or making TO's.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Maybe having a good football and basketball team in the same year isn’t a sustainable model. Let’s ride this football thing out

Beat Ohio
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Tom Brady: NFL legend becomes minority owner of Birmingham City

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/...irmingham-city
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• JJ is really good. That’s about all we need to know from game 1
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X