Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BJK View Post

Heath Ledger’s performance was just unbelievable. The scenes where he crashes Dent’s fundraiser and just terrorizes with that blade in his hand, and later when he visits Dent in the hospital and somehow injects levity...two very different situations that he carried masterfully.
    Yeah pretty great. I like Neeson and Murphy in BB, too

I wasn't as big on TDKR as the first two. Otherwise, that'd be my favorite trilogy, I think. Rocky was pretty great, too
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• 1917 is alright. I just felt I’ve seen it before. If you like war movies, it’s a good war movie. Not as much trench action as expected, but I guess that’s the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
        1917 is alright. I just felt I’ve seen it before. If you like war movies, it’s a good war movie. Not as much trench action as expected, but I guess that’s the point.
        Just figured it'd show well on the big screen

Comment

Coincidentally, just started watching The Dark Knight trilogy with my sons yesterday. I’ve seen it already, but I’m now enjoying getting to introduce some of my favorite action movies to my boys (now that they’re old enough). It’s especially satisfying to see them actually enjoying the movies too. We got through Batman Begins and The Dark Knight yesterday. We’ll probably get to the Dark Knight Rises tonight. Also recently watched Terminator 1 & 2 (I’m sparing them from the others). T2 has actually held up pretty well. We watched The Matrix, but got sidetracked from watching Reloaded and Revolutions, so we’ll pick back up on those next week.
          All the DK movies were awesome. The first was my least favorite because the villan didn't come off as amazing as the others. Heath Ledger spoiled the Joker for anyone else IMHO. Bane. "You've come back to die with your city." One of my favorite lines ever.

Originally posted by Forsh View Post
          Batman Begins and Dark Knight are soooooooo good
          Originally posted by BJK View Post

Heath Ledger’s performance was just unbelievable. The scenes where he crashes Dent’s fundraiser and just terrorizes with that blade in his hand, and later when he visits Dent in the hospital and somehow injects levity...two very different situations that he carried masterfully.
          As he leaves the hospital and the bombs aren't going off. And the opening scene where he has all the bank robbers killing each other. Man I can watch that movie at least once a week.

Also underated to me is the Superman saga: Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice and The Justice League. The TJL was the weakest but they're coming out with a better version.

I also like to watch the different Marvel Characters in each of their respective movies through End Game. I just finished the last character I did this with: Iron Man. That was kind of exhausting since he had 3 movies by himself and had cameos in 3 other characters' movies (not to mention the 4 Avengers movies).

But it is interesting to watch them that way. In the Avengers movies you can hone in better on the specific character. I have noticed a lot of different nuances with each character. Normally there's so much going on it's hard to catch all that stuff. There's actually more detail then people realize.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I want to see how"Falcon and the Winter Soldier" looks as a series. Most series don't have the detail of the movies.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Heath Ledger stole the show but this is my favorite scene in the trilogy when it came to acting chops

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

All the DK movies were awesome. The first was my least favorite because the villan didn't come off as amazing as the others. Heath Ledger spoiled the Joker for anyone else IMHO. Bane. "You've come back to die with your city." One of my favorite lines ever.

As he leaves the hospital and the bombs aren't going off. And the opening scene where he has all the bank robbers killing each other. Man I can watch that movie at least once a week.

Also underated to me is the Superman saga: Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice and The Justice League. The TJL was the weakest but they're coming out with a better version.

I also like to watch the different Marvel Characters in each of their respective movies through End Game. I just finished the last character I did this with: Iron Man. That was kind of exhausting since he had 3 movies by himself and had cameos in 3 other characters' movies (not to mention the 4 Avengers movies).

But it is interesting to watch them that way. In the Avengers movies you can hone in better on the specific character. I have noticed a lot of different nuances with each character. Normally there's so much going on it's hard to catch all that stuff. There's actually more detail then people realize.
                I detest the "Man of Steel/B vs S/Justice League" movies (nobody has lived up to Christopher Reeve IMO ... Cavill was terrible). Wonder Woman was alright and Aquaman was actually pretty good.

Almost all the recent Marvel movies are great IMO ... from Iron Man thru Endgame
                Last edited by Forsh; July 6, 2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• I think Joaquin Phoenix was great as Joker, but there aren't many others who could've followed Ledger

Think I also like BB even better than Dark Knight. Yeah Ledger takes the cake, but there's more story in BB, and the Murphy/Neeson combo is a great one
                  Last edited by Forsh; July 6, 2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

I detest the "Man of Steel/B vs S/Justice League" movies. Wonder Woman was alright and Aquaman was actually pretty good.

Almost all the recent Marvel movies are great IMO ... from Iron Man thru Endgame
                    Wondering how the “Snyder Cut” of Justice League will be? I’d assume it’ll be a big improvement over the theatrical release. Can’t be worse.

Comment

Wondering how the “Snyder Cut” of Justice League will be? I’d assume it’ll be a big improvement over the theatrical release. Can’t be worse.
                      I just can't stand Cavill as Superman. He's ok in other stuff. Also, the villain character in Justice League was ... there aren't words to describe how boring

Comment

• The Flash character was ok in that tho

Comment

The Flash character was ok in that tho
                          The Flash character has potential. In fact, they are planning a stand alone movie for him that might draw Michael Keaton back into the cape and cowl (at least that’s the rumor).

Comment

Have you seen BvS ultimate edition? An example of a Snyder cut.
                            I've heard the director's cut (or ultimate edition) of Batman v Superman (BvS) is actually good. Haven't seen it, but interested in revisiting the film one day given HBO Max recently added it.

There are examples of director's cuts improving the film. Best one I can think of is "Kingdom of Heaven." Theatrical cut is a sloppy mess. Ridley Scott's director's cut = excellent epic film totally worth revisiting for all of you that forgot that movie.
                            "Blade Runner" ... The final cut is a masterpiece.
                            Extended versions of LOTR too...

But yeah, definitely excited about the Snyder Cut of "Justice League" because the version we got a couple years ago is so MEH.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

The Flash character was ok in that tho
                              Originally posted by BJK View Post

The Flash character has potential. In fact, they are planning a stand alone movie for him that might draw Michael Keaton back into the cape and cowl (at least that’s the rumor).
                              The non action parts he did well. But the running is terrible. Obviously done on wires and a treadmill. I was very disappointed. The TV version, and actor, I like a lot better. Much closer to the comic version. I just found that they made him the comedy relief. Wasn't like that in the comics.

Spiderman in the Avenger movies was the same. Yeah, he was a pest and smart az in the comics, but they made him a little too emotional.

Comment

• I caught a couple classics on the big screen up here recently. Empire Strikes Back in Ultra AVX ... and Inception in IMAX. Seen both of course but still enjoyed

Actually ... saw Batman Begins and Dark Knight both in IMAX recently, too ... but I enjoyed ESB and Inception more

Probably just seen the Batman movies too often
                                Last edited by Forsh; August 17, 2020, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X