Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dune was fantastic
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

This see it in the theater as many times as you can and get at least one HBOmax viewing out of it. It was great and for both the movie in general and any Dune book fans, it will be a hard pill to swallow if we don't get part 2.
      Part 2 officially green lit.

And Villeneuve planned it in 2 parts, and he's not exactly the type of dude to bow to studio pressure. But the studio will definitely continue the series beyond Villeneuve though, pulling in other directors for the other books.
      Last edited by Mainevent; October 26, 2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• "The Matrix Resurrections"
        Watched it today ... it's available on HBO Max.
        I'm a big fan of "The Matrix" and "The Matrix Reloaded." The original is one of the best action movies ever. I saw Matrix Reloaded at the right age where it's a guilty pleasure of mine. A movie with great action scenes and an acceptable story. "The Matrix Revolutions" however... some good action, but a mixed bag. It's watchable. It didn't seem necessary that a 4th Matrix film should be made, but "Toy Story 4" proved this idea wrong.

Matrix Resurrections (Spoiler free thoughts) ... well, it's something. I honestly enjoyed watching it from an entertainment perspective. You still care for the main characters and the actors pull it off. It's self aware, but went WAY too far into the memberberries. Similar to The Force Awakens for Star Wars... the more I think about Matrix Resurrections... the more it sours. The action scenes are nothing special and the big themes are nothing new in the franchise.
        Ultimately, it's an adequate film that gets a slight bump because you care about main characters. 6/10. Worth a watch and maybe that's it.

Ranking:
        1. The Matrix (10/10)
        2. The Matrix Reloaded (8/10)
        3. The Matrix Revolutions (6/10)
        4. The Matrix Resurrections (6/10)
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I went to see The Matrix 3 days in a row at the theater. It’s one of the best films of all time.

It’s so difficult to do sequels, especially when the first is that good. I gave a passing grade for Reloaded and Revolution because it’s so tough but I don’t understand the need to have even made this movie.

I’ll watch it but I’m expecting crap
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• As someone who really isn't into the MCU, this is about the most original thing Hollywood is putting out these days. I've read some decent things about it.

Comment

• I’ve been told it’s basically The Matrix being told all over again.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• We just watch “A boy called Christmas” and I thought it was a fantastic Christmas movie. It was very clever
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  We just watch “A boy called Christmas” and I thought it was a fantastic Christmas movie. It was very clever
                  Was planning on watching that one with fam tomorrow. I watched the Christmas Chronicles movies with Kurt Russell that were also on Netflix and enjoyed them

Comment

• I’ll be seeing Spider-Man with my nephews and niece either tomorrow or Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      We just watch “A boy called Christmas” and I thought it was a fantastic Christmas movie. It was very clever
                      We just watched it on your recommendation and it sucked! Just kidding it was pretty good. I wish I knew about it on Monday when the two grandsons were here for a sleep over.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I thought it was something new instead of the same stuff all of the time. It’s always the same blueprint for Christmas movies but this was different
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Power of the Dog is the best movie I’ve seen this year. Fantastic ending!

Comment

• Is it like the ending of the Last American Virgin? Now that was an ending
                            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                              Is it like the ending of the Last American Virgin? Now that was an ending
                              Lol

Comment

• I saw Spider-Man No Way Home today. I liked it. I wasn’t thrilled with Zendaya when she was first cast as MJ but she’s grown on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X