New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

I have a colonoscopy plan in place for later this year. That's about the only thing I can count on.
    I hope you can count the colonoscopy on one hand.
    Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

Did they say why the NFL team boards were shut down?
      This was the official (read dicky to people who'd enjoyed the community since 04ish - and 247 took over much later) response.

JoshHarvey avatar
      JoshHarveySTAFF
      Posted on Sep 18th, 5:28 PM, , User Since 136 months ago, User Post Count: 65,919
      • Sep 18th, 5:28 PM
      • 136 months

As a business, we have decided to shut down the majority of the NFL boards and just focus our efforts on college sports. The remaining NFL boards are sites with actual publishers at the helm.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3rdRGR View Post

Hi Deborah. It was the 247 Sports Lions forum, which used to be The Den. It was a pretty robust community and then one day a couple weeks ago, poof... I finally found a thread on it and one of the 247 mods said most of the NFL Team boards had been shut down. Nice. Well, I'm on a Kool-Aid IV drip most of the time, so I hope to bring some optimism (blind or not) to the community. Thanks for the welcome!
        There's a familiar face. Count me among the outcast. I was on the site one evening, mid-conversation. Woke up the very next day to check in - brick wall. Thank you CBS. They own 247 & were the one's pulling the plug. I was mad. 12 years there, for me. You get to learn the posters, become familiar, even if I'd never seen any of them face to face. Kinda been searching since then. Checked out reddit because a Lions podcast I listen to sometimes is associated with the sub there. It should be a meme board. They'd rather play with pics than talk Lions.

Anyway. Good to see a familiar face. Love to start a trend and get more of those posters here. I remain curious where they went.

Hello Lions forum.

Comment

• Welcome. That's a rotten way to end a forum. This forum has been located at a few different sites over the years, but at least they gave us fair warning before they closed so we could archive some classic discussions and figure out where we would all go. We've hosted our own place now for 15 years (!!) and don't plan on going anywhere.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Welcome LSD!
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              Welcome. That's a rotten way to end a forum. This forum has been located at a few different sites over the years, but at least they gave us fair warning before they closed so we could archive some classic discussions and figure out where we would all go. We've hosted our own place now for 15 years (!!) and don't plan on going anywhere.
              Best way not to get hijacked by a no-faith corporate interest!. Thanks for the welcome and go Lions!

Comment

• Originally posted by LastShoe-todrop View Post

There's a familiar face. Count me among the outcast. I was on the site one evening, mid-conversation. Woke up the very next day to check in - brick wall. Thank you CBS. They own 247 & were the one's pulling the plug. I was mad. 12 years there, for me. You get to learn the posters, become familiar, even if I'd never seen any of them face to face. Kinda been searching since then. Checked out reddit because a Lions podcast I listen to sometimes is associated with the sub there. It should be a meme board. They'd rather play with pics than talk Lions.

Anyway. Good to see a familiar face. Love to start a trend and get more of those posters here. I remain curious where they went.

Hello Lions forum.
                Sorry you wasted 12 years of your life at a CBS related Lions forum (double shit sandwich).

Regardless, WELCOME TO THE BDLFOTN (since 1994)!

??????Just ask if you need help with your settings. We have almost zero censorship outside of asking for political stuff to be kept in the politics section and an 'ignore poster' setting to avoid running to our webmaster/owner Deborah for every possible confrontation.

Now...get posting!
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                  Welcome LSD!
                  Hippie.
                  Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Welcome 3rdRGR and LSTD.

Lot of crust in here but all fans, no matter how critical (and it should be noted it is deserved).

Look forward to ya'll jumpin into the Frey.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Hello Lions forum.
                      Glad to see someone else migrated. Seems like we should have had a plan, but then it was taboo to talk about other sites, so ironically no one was able to discuss where to rally if our site went poof. Which it did...

Comment

• Thanks all!

Comment

Hello Lions forum.

Comment

• Ha. Uh-oh. Had his renown spread that far and wide?

Comment

• Comment

• The hate was strong in him.

Comment

Working...
                                X