Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL: San Francisco 49ers at Detroit Lions

T.J. Hockenson says he ‘kinda knew’ the Detroit Lions were trading him

T.J. Hockenson said he was not surprised when the Detroit Lions traded him to the Minnesota Vikings.

“That’s really what we’re here to do is go somewhere and win some games,” Hockenson said. “That’s kinda the first time I’ve been able to say that. So I’m pretty excited. I really am.”

OUCH!
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Whatever. The last thing this team needs to do is overpay a middling TE. I will enjoy the 2nd and 3rd rounders come draft day!

Comment

• Yeah when they get off the PUP list

Comment

• If there was a guy to move up for, it was Williams. He may have been the single best player in college last year. He’s simply dynamic.

Comment

• Pickens is the only other rookie WR on his level. All you had to do was watch Pickens. He always flashed.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Yeah when they get off the PUP list
              IF. You're so optimistic
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                Whatever. The last thing this team needs to do is overpay a middling TE. I will enjoy the 2nd and 3rd rounders come draft day!
                I'll bite. He's top third in this league. Name me 15 better. If he's middling it should be easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

I'll bite. He's top third in this league. Name me 15 better. If he's middling it should be easy.
                  I think TJ is slightly above average in terms of TE quality. So in looking over the numbers.

Hock is in his 4th season.
                  • He has had 2 games in his career with 100+ yards
                  • 5 of 7 games this year he failed to break 50 yards
                  • He has only scored more than 5 TDs once (6) in a season
                  • He is poor in the blocking game

His performance, other than 1 incredible game this year which is inflating his value right now, has not warranted a top 5 salary for his position. He is better than middling but not by much. I know it is easy to say "if you ignore one game" and it isn't a great argument, but you can't ignore the 5 poor performances in 7 games and hang a hat on 1 game either. His ~3.5 year career shows underperformance in Detroit under both regimes and both QBs. He may be far more talented than he has been here, but if he is, it is clear he won't be great here.

Comment

• TE T.J. Hockenson addressed the media after Sunday's win over Washington.

Comment

• T.J. Hockenson trade saved his parents plenty of gas money

Posted by Mike Florio on November 9, 2022, 10:47 AM EST

Getty Images

After Minnesota’s Week Nine win over the Commanders in Maryland, new Vikings right end T.J. Hockenson spoke with PFT about the extra work he devoted to getting himself ready to play.

His parents soon won’t have to work quite as hard to see him play.

Hockenson, an Iowa native, explained he grew up 4.5 hours from Minneapolis. For his parents, who drive to every home game, the trade from Detroit to Minnesota slashes the travel time in half.

That’ll come in handy starting in Week 11, then the Vikings commence a stretch of five home games in six weeks.

I also asked Hockenson whether, given that he’s from Iowa, he grew up a Vikings fan. He said his father was the Vikings fan, and that T.J. was a Chiefs fan. Moving forward, the Vikings may have the NFL’s best tight end, this side of the Chiefs.

Comment

• Eagles pleased with Ndamukong Suh, Linval Joseph contributing immediately

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 22, 2022, 12:01 PM EST

Getty Images

Eagles defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Linval Joseph both played on Sunday against the Colts, just days after arriving in Philadelphia. And the Eagles were pleased with how they performed.

Philadelphia defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon today praised Suh and Joseph for showing up ready to go, and said that after giving them a quick lesson on the Eagles’ defensive terminology, they understood what they had to do.

“Suh and LJ, they’ve played a lot of ball and they’re smart individuals. They understand what’s going on. Once they put it in their language, it was, Hey, go out and play. And that’s what they did. It was good to get those guys in here, and they played well,” Gannon said.

Joseph played 40 percent of the Eagles’ defensive snaps against the Colts, while Suh played 26 percent. Joseph was actually in the starting lineup and got in on the tackle on the first play of the game, and in the third quarter Suh and Joseph combined for a sack of Colts quarterback Matt Ryan that forced a Colts three-and-out.

It was an impressive performance for two guys in their 30s who have been out of the league all year. They should be able to do more once they get their feet wet.

Comment

• John Hadl dies at 82

Posted by Josh Alper on November 30, 2022, 4:18 PM EST

Getty Images

Longtime Chargers quarterback John Hadl has died at the age of 82.

Hadl’s death was announced by the University of Kansas. Hadl attended the school and was drafted by both the Lions in the NFL and Chargers in the AFL in 1962. He opted to sign with the Chargers and spent 11 seasons with the team.

Hadl won an AFL title with the team in 1963 as a backup and became the primary starter the next season. The Chargers would go back to the AFL title game in the next two seasons, but they could not repeat as champions.

After the merger, Hadl would be named the NFL Man of the Year in 1971. He led the league in passing yards and touchdowns that year and he was a first-team All-Pro after moving on to the Rams for the 1973 season. Hadl was also a four-time AFL All-Star while leading the league in passing yards twice.

Hadl returned to Kansas as a coach after his retirement and then became the head coach of the Los Angeles Express in the original USFL.

Our condolences go out to Hadl’s family and loved ones on their loss.

Comment

• Jon Kitna's kid busted for child p***.
                            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
                              Jon Kitna's kid busted for child p***.
                              Yeah I saw that too. Way to throw a career away, dude. A life, really.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Vance Joseph: Patriots offense looks like how a defensive guy would call plays

Posted by Josh Alper on December 9, 2022, 6:17 AM EST

Getty Images

It’s well known that Patriots offensive play caller Matt Patricia’s background is on the defensive side of the ball, but it wouldn’t be a mystery to Cardinals defensive coordinator Vance Joseph if he was flying blind into Monday night’s game.

Joseph has been studying the Patriots offense as he prepares his unit for the Week 14 matchup. He told reporters on Thursday that he can see Patricia’s history in the kind of plays that are being called because it’s the way defensive-minded coaches approach the game.

“I see an offense that’s running the football well. It’s a very conservative pass game — lot of screens, all kind of screens. It’s how a defensive guy would call offensive plays — ‘let’s not turn the ball over, let’s get 4 yards a play, and let’s try to burn clock,'” Joseph said, via Mike Reiss of ESPN.com. “That’s what they’re doing and that’s what he’s going to do on Monday night. He’s going to be patient. Maybe take a shot from time to time. But for the most part, it’s run game, it’s quick game, and it’s screens.”

Patriots quarterback Mac Jones was less than thrilled with the quick game the last time the Patriots took the field, so we’ll see if the Patriots try something different to throw Joseph and the Cardinals off on Monday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X