No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's set a date when you are in town, LFIJ.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Definitely, Mark. Are there any days that work better for you guys in the area?
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I am not sure what DanO's schedule is but I will make it what ever day it works out to be.

Looking forward to seeing you again, and we can let the other locals chime in on their schedules.

.....note, Froot, Tony, NBT, Saintsfan, and many others who are regulars on this board, this is a good reason to have a local get together.

(Deb, I am not excluding naming you because I know you will see this and participate if it works with your schedule)
        Last edited by Malto Marko; May 8, 2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Do we want to say one of: Friday, July 24th, Saturday the 25th or Sunday the 26th?

I priced out some plane tickets online last night, and it's almost exactly the same price to add a flight from Billings to Detroit. It means we won't be able to make the drive from Montana to Michigan, but it'll save money/time. Also, it'll probably save me a lot of stress with two old Japanese people and a 4-year old in my group. I don't think any of them really understand that type of marathon driving.

Comment

• I understand the cost, but the scenery is irreplaceable.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
              Do we want to say one of: Friday, July 24th, Saturday the 25th or Sunday the 26th?

I priced out some plane tickets online last night, and it's almost exactly the same price to add a flight from Billings to Detroit. It means we won't be able to make the drive from Montana to Michigan, but it'll save money/time. Also, it'll probably save me a lot of stress with two old Japanese people and a 4-year old in my group. I don't think any of them really understand that type of marathon driving.
              Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              I understand the cost, but the scenery is irreplaceable.
              Seeing the country was supposed to be part of it right?
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• When it was just Tyler and me, but when we flipped to starting in Montana and driving East I'm not sure it's something that everyone can handle. It's not set in stone, and I'm going to have Kimiko talk with her parents about it this weekend.

If we do go that route, it'd give us an extra day in Montana, and I'm planning on starting in Missoula and taking a few days to get to Billings.

Comment

• Well, it is understood you will be the driver, but renting a mini van and showing off the Great Plains as well as the Urban traffic would be an experience. I would even suggest that you would take the Ferry from Wisc to Ludington to cut drive time, allow for rest, and, experience something even more unique to MI.

Comment

• Yeah, I'll make up a "Plan A" and a "Plan B" and let them talk it over this weekend.

Comment

• Coop. Best news ever, buddy. Great to read that.

LFIJ, I won't be able to be in Detroit, 24th, 25th OR 26th July. But I may be slightly closer......, will be in Cornwall, England. Looking at the geography of this island...., it's a few baw hairs closer I think.
                      For the record, and I ain't being a bawbag here....., but I think getting the plane from Billings to Detroit is the right thing to do , IF, your in laws are present. I personally couldn't think of anything worse than doing a 1000K plus drive with non English speaking relatives. I'd lose my shit 753 miles into that trip. But if it's just you and wee Tyler boy, then definitely drive.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I have to look at everything, but I'm thinking it's going to be less about the driving distance and more about the cost involved. Rental car, gas, lodging and food for three full days (1555 miles or 2500 km) is going to be a lot when there's virtually no change in the cost of the airplane tickets even adding in the extra leg from Billings to Detroit.

Which I don't understand...how can they price out at not even $100 more when adding a third flight from Billings to Detroit?

Comment

• I would think the economics would trump the deal and you can use the time saved to show off the Great State of Michigan.

Comment

• Any of those dates work for me.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I talked it over with Kimiko a bit more tonight, and she seems to think they wouldn't mind the drive. I made up a third plan that spends four days in MT (one day to drive through Yellowstone) and then four days coming out to Michigan with stops at Rapid City, SD (Mt. Rushmore), Minnesota & Luddington (or near there). That'd put us in Mount Clemens on Saturday afternoon, so maybe the barbecue could go ahead on Sunday?

Kimiko is going to work it out with her parents tomorrow night while I'm at the German Beer Hall for the $10 all-you-can-drink for two hours.

Comment

• I'm not seeing the IHOP portion of the schedule.
                                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                                X